• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone worried that there won't be any Disney Boss battles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotman

They seem to be doing a lot of their own stories for the Disney worlds in this game. A lot of them take place after or in between films and it's getting me worried about the boss fights.

I don't want them to repeat what they did with The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I want to fight villains and I'm a little nervous about us not getting to fight Disney villains (Randall, Zurg, Mother Gothel, etc).

Anyone else bothered by this? Or does it not really matter to some of you?

Foxycian

Awards
im pretty sure will fight disney bosses like hades maleficet etc etc

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So I just answered you in the other thread, but Hunchback DID do a watered down version of the movie, but just didn't give us the boss at the end. Same with The Grid. Both villains die in a cutscene and we are forced to fight a Dream Eater. It really...sort of felt like a problem with DDD a bit? They also omitted obvious Disney party members as well. To the point where Sora and Quorra, for instance, would be like "Hey, lets travel together!" and then she would just vanish into thin air lol. And appear in cutscenes like she had been there the whole time. It felt like they wanted to shove Dream Eaters down our throats more than they do with Heartless, Nobodies, or Unversed? It was strange...

But yes, I am afraid. So confirmed we have: Rock Titan and I count the Dark Baymax we were shown as well. Since I mean...its Baymax just possessed by darkness, not unlike Shan-Yu or Scar.
Hades is around, I can't imagine he won't be a boss...and if Olympus is anything to go by we will at least be getting 3 bosses-ish per world? The Rock Titan and that Heartless are definitely not the final bosses of the world...at least I am pretty sure. I feel like the final boss will be up in the "heavens" section of the world, but thats conjecture lol.

So yea, Toy Story we saw one Heartless boss, and nothing for any other worlds. We have seen 1 cutscene from Tangled, 3 or so from Toy Story, 1 from Olympus, and like 2 for Monsters Inc....to be honest I don't think we really know remotely a fraction of the stories going on in these worlds. Do I think they are at least hinting the Org will be a main threat in each world? Yes. Do I think they will be bosses there? Honestly I hope so, I thought KH2 only doing that with Xaldin and Demyx was lame. But I also think there is more room for Disney villains. Especially since I think it was confirmed Maleficent will be meeting multiple villains? It could just be 2 lol. So we know Hades for sure, at least.

I think it'll be a shame if they omitted villains again...but I am at least happy with the way they are making the worlds and the party members all look like their animations at least have love put into them. And their combo attacks at least look cool, too. So its already better than DDD on that front in my eyes lol.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not, hell I feel like the only person not upset about Notre Dame because Frollo doesn't have powers, he only held a sword only to drop and get crushed, and unlike villains like Ursula, Clayton, Oogie, Jafar, the list goes on, can fight or have some powers or abilities.

Even the doctor to Princess and the Frog is doable

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not, hell I feel like the only person not upset about Notre Dame because Frollo doesn't have powers, he only held a sword only to drop and get crushed, and unlike villains like Ursula, Clayton, Oogie, Jafar, the list goes on, can fight or have some powers or abilities.

Even if we are going by the powers they have in movies, CLU and Monstro being omitted is lame as heck, still.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Even if we are going by the powers they have in movies, CLU and Monstro being omitted is lame as heck, still.

You do realize there's more to Kingdom Hearts than fighting the Villains and DDD , Sora and Riku's job was fighting nightmare Dream Eaters and in regards to KH1/2, we only fight the bad guys if they're working together or Organization are involved.

We don't know any fights to be "worried' about, Sora and Co mission is still dealing with the New Organization XIII and find Terra, Aqua, and Ven, not just fighting Disney villains

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
You do realize there's more to Kingdom Hearts than fighting the Villains and DDD , Sora and Riku's job was fighting nightmare Dream Eaters and in regards to KH1/2, we only fight the bad guys if they're working together or Organization are involved.

We don't know any fights to be "worried' about, Sora and Co mission is still dealing with the New Organization XIII and find Terra, Aqua, and Ven, not just fighting Disney villains

Well, Frollo, CLU, and Monstro very much got in the way in DDD, just like you pointed out happened in KH2, first of all.

Second of all, who is even saying anything about only fighting Disney villains lol. The main plot can happen and still have Disney fights? This is a Disney crossover RPG, having Disney battles makes perfect sense. It doesn't need to all be about original characters either.

But yea, we don't really know any of the bosses yet, except 4 or so I think. So yeah, it could be silly to be worried. I think its most of them not showing up in even cutscenes by now that has people worried. But this game is being marketed differently, usually we would get lots of cut together scenes, now we seem to be getting like 2 or 3 longer scenes in a trailer and thats all they show.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah a lack of Disney bosses would be incredibly disappointing. It's great that the organization members are involved in the worlds, but I would hate it if it came at the cost of the Disney villains.

The fact that some worlds could take place after their respective films doesn't help.

Foxycian

Awards

what about clayton? him using a gun is not different from frollo using a sword so even without powers he could have been boss fight but they choose not to

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
what about clayton? him using a gun is not different from frollo using a sword so even without powers he could have been boss fight but they choose not to

I watched that movie, he has no skill in any combat yet everyone wanted that fight. It was annoying back in 2012, it's annoying now.

This is just pointless to be worried about, we know only two or four fights in 3, in fact would you rather they just spoil all the fights in the next trailer?

Zul

Awards
I would prefer it

Seekers of Darkness > Darkside, Twilight Thorn, and Iron Imprisoner 4 all at the same time > Disney villains > Heartless/other

I don't actually care much for the Disney aspect of KH, I only put Disney there because there'd be some story instead of mindless enemies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The lack of Disney bosses wouldn't surprise me. Just putting a Heartless boss in there is the laziest option--and the lazy option is always the most likely with Kingdom Hearts these days.

horto12485

Awards
I want to Fight Disney Villains again I mean not to be Confused with Dream Drop Distance (I was expecting a Boss Fight with Frollo but no they replaced him with a Nightmare Dream Eater called Wargoyle) I want to see Disney Villains Boss Battles you know let's see for example (Sora vs Scroop) i would love to see battles with Disney Villains for KH3 again.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

& that's why Kairi should've been a 3rd playable character, she's inexperienced enough that Frollo could've still been a semi-viable threat.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

No, I'm with you on this particular one as I never got all the fervor of having a Frollo-fight anyways.
While he may be a truly despicable villain, he's not a very memorable fighter and plainly uninteresting as a boss, hence why I only can shrug my shoulders every time he is brought up in this fashion.

---

To generally answer the topic though I am actually indifferent about the individual world Disney villains. I won't complain if they are there and/or have a boss fight but I also won't be upset if they (or just the boss fight) are omitted.

If in exchange for the world itself to be better integrated with the overarching plot and not just a lame movie rehash which is boring to a T I have to dispense with the corresponding world villain that's a price I'm willing to pay.

Swing

Awards
Well at this point the Disney worlds are in KH more a tradition and a marketing idea rather than a meaningful plot device. I think we will see only a handful of boss maybe some of the titans, maybe Maleficent or Hades, but I doubt we will get Zurg or Randall or any other Disney bosses.

KH is really more it's own Square Enix thing with it's own cast of characters.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

This is kinda why I keep saying I really don't care for Disney villains bosses, especially if humanoid. Because many times, since Disney movies aren't exactly kung-fu action movies, the villain doesn't really have anything to make him stand out combat-wise.
I don't care for Frollo as a boss because it would've been the next Hook/Shan Yu/Barbossa/Rinzler: an endless dodge/parry/attack/repeat fight against a swordsman type.

This was a discussion we had at one point when talking about Zurg as a potential boss for Toy Story, and how many people wants him to be.
And, well... if it's just going to be me whacking his character model and occasionally have to dodge/block a swing or bullet of his, I once again have no interest in doing that for the upteenth time. If you give him a spaceship, a toy fortress during the fight, sure.

Well, correction: he is a boss fight by his own, albeit for a brief moment. And in that moment all he did was running away and point his gun and shoot once in a while. Interrupting the fight and giving him the Heartless boss as a companion was the right choice and made his boss fight stick out more.
Other villain bosses weren't as lucky.

I'm all up for more Disney villains as boss fights IF they manage to give each one a gimmick to make their fight unique and memorable. If they'll turn up to be more of the same, no thanks.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So I just answered you in the other thread, but Hunchback DID do a watered down version of the movie, but just didn't give us the boss at the end. Same with The Grid. Both villains die in a cutscene and we are forced to fight a Dream Eater. It really...sort of felt like a problem with DDD a bit? They also omitted obvious Disney party members as well. To the point where Sora and Quorra, for instance, would be like "Hey, lets travel together!" and then she would just vanish into thin air lol. And appear in cutscenes like she had been there the whole time. It felt like they wanted to shove Dream Eaters down our throats more than they do with Heartless, Nobodies, or Unversed? It was strange...

Dream Drop Distance had Dream Eaters as your party members so you couldn't really have Disney characters as part of your party. Plus, I think it was more of a intentional choice to limit Disney bosses seeing as Julius was a secret boss and Ursula was the tutorial boss.

Kingdom Hearts III is following the story beats of the numbered Kingdom Hearts games, I'm confident that the Disney villains are still going to be around. The only reason why they're not shown off is probably because they're going to be saved for later promotional material.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I feel that Maleficent will try to organize another cabal of Disney villains to be another side of the conflict. Although, Sora will thwart it and defeat Maleficent for good before the final conflict with the Organization. So there will probably be plenty of Disney bosses still. Maybe not as many as before, but a good share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back