• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Marvel Cinematic Universe - RIP Chadwick Boseman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite MCU film?

• Iron Man

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Iron Man 2

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thor

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• The Avengers

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Iron Man 3

• Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
They actually made a good Thor movie.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
MCU really just can't do any wrong, huh?

Guess I'll try and check this out when I get the opportunity. Been a while since I've seen a superhero movie.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Honestly, 2017 has been the best year for superhero films (especially from the MCU) that even if JL flops/is bad, I will be content. Hell, the fucking soundtrack for Thor was good. I can't remember the last MCU soundtrack I cared about excluding the obligatory Guardians vol. 1 & 2 OST.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Thor: Ragnarok was the best Superhero film since Captain America Civil War... Maybe even slightly better. Marvel has been killing it lately and I can't wait for their next film. I Believe it will be the Black Panther followed by The Avengers...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Black Panther is so good, guys. It could have been disconneced from the MCU and still would have stood strong. I thought the Winter Soldier was as good as the MCU films were ever going to get but this easily tops it. Both are my favorite MCU films now.

All of the women in this were badass. Okoye, Shuri, Nakia, the Queen Mother, all of the Dora Milaje...

And god the acting was so good. Nothing felt unnatural. T’Challa also wasn’t this quippy hero like almost everybody now. He had jokes but he was thoughtful and reserved and sweet. I’m glad we got to have a hero like that after having so many bombastic personalities in previous films. He wasn’t the most interesting character in the film, but I don’t think he needed to be when everybody else around him was. He felt like a character who had already found himself, but like any human could get knocked off the path of realize that he still has something to learn despite being comfortable in his own skin.

That is so different from Tony who hadn’t figured out crap and still is struggling with finding answers, or Steve who already knows his stance on everything so much of his journey is just him discovering the reality of the world and seeing how he reacts to it

Poor Forrest Whittaker can never live in a Disney-owned franchise, though.

The themes were also wonderful. Imerpaliam/colonialism, racism, isolationism. It all felt very fitting, especially with everything going on around us right now. As much as I disliked Erik’s way of approaching his goals, he wasn’t wrong at all.

At the end of the movie, Michael B. Jordan got the most cheers alongside all of the women. I’m not surprised people loved his character. (poor Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis got nothing.)

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Black Panther is so good, guys. It could have been disconneced from the MCU and still would have stood strong. I thought the Winter Soldier was as good as the MCU films were ever going to get but this easily tops it. Both are my favorite MCU films now.

All of the women in this were badass. Okoye, Shuri, Nakia, the Queen Mother, all of the Dora Milaje...

And god the acting was so good. Nothing felt unnatural. T’Challa also wasn’t this quippy hero like almost everybody now. He had jokes but he was thoughtful and reserved and sweet. I’m glad we got to have a hero like that after having so many bombastic personalities in previous films. He wasn’t the most interesting character in the film, but I don’t think he needed to be when everybody else around him was. He felt like a character who had already found himself, but like any human could get knocked off the path of realize that he still has something to learn despite being comfortable in his own skin.

That is so different from Tony who hadn’t figured out crap and still is struggling with finding answers, or Steve who already knows his stance on everything so much of his journey is just him discovering the reality of the world and seeing how he reacts to it

Poor Forrest Whittaker can never live in a Disney-owned franchise, though.

The themes were also wonderful. Imerpaliam/colonialism, racism, isolationism. It all felt very fitting, especially with everything going on around us right now. As much as I disliked Erik’s way of approaching his goals, he wasn’t wrong at all.

At the end of the movie, Michael B. Jordan got the most cheers alongside all of the women. I’m not surprised people loved his character. (poor Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis got nothing.)

I just got back from seeing this too, this is sums up a large portion of my feelings as well. Though I do think I am more mixed on Killmonger than some. Not that I thought Michael didn't do amazing, cuz he did, maybe almost too well cuz I got a little sick at how mad I was getting at him lol.

T'challa is amazing, and yeah obviously Okoye, Shuri, and Naima stole the show for me ha

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Kinda mixed about this like everybody else. It has been an interesting peek at Wakandan culture and traditions. The women characters really got the spotlight on this that I almost forgot it's a Black Panther movie. Seriously those Dora Milaje need a spin-off.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just got back from seeing this too, this is sums up a large portion of my feelings as well. Though I do think I am more mixed on Killmonger than some. Not that I thought Michael didn't do amazing, cuz he did, maybe almost too well cuz I got a little sick at how mad I was getting at him lol.

T'challa is amazing, and yeah obviously Okoye, Shuri, and Naima stole the show for me ha

Killmonger was a character you are supposed to feel mixed on, so that isn't a problem at all xD

Kinda mixed about this like everybody else. It has been an interesting peek at Wakandan culture and traditions. The women characters really got the spotlight on this that I almost forgot it's a Black Panther movie. Seriously those Dora Milaje need a spin-off.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I have to agree about the CG. It was clear Disney didn't give them the budget for it like they would have any other film. I 100% expect that to be fixed before it releases digitally because the film has made so much money already.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I saw the movie last night and thought it was awesome. I liked a lot of the character interaction and the romance subplots were pretty good for Marvel (they tend to be hit or miss to me). I'm actually curious about how the side romance between Okoye and W'kabi ends playing out in the sequel. I didn't mind the end credits scene but I rather Nakia was the one helping Bucky instead of Shuri (it feels more her wheelhouse).

Killmonger is a good villain especially in a Marvel movie but I didn't see him as a Heath Ledger Joker worthy moment in Superhero movies. I think he makes more sense than most marvel villians but I can't really call him an anti-villain. He's a dark mirror to Wakanda's isolationist policies and he helps T'challa commit to Nakia's way of thinking rather than continuing to be isolationist.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
I just saw this last night, great movie. I side with both killmonger and T'challa. While killmonger had the right intentions his methods or means to achieve what he sought after was just not thorough, If he truly wanted liberation he should have done that through knowledge not through guerrilla warfare and I understand T'challa having to be a king to his people first and foremost and not wanting to draw attention to wakanda and disrupting their society

I have some what bipolar thoughts about this movie especially wakanda as a whole, being African myself there was a few things I liked and a couple things I was not feeling but that's on a personal level. Overall this wasn't a bad movie I give it a 7/10

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I can't believe how much I am fangirling about the new trailer right now

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
really dope of everyone for posting trailer shots without tagging them for spoilers, absolutely bangup job for folks trying to go into the film totally blind.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
really dope of everyone for posting trailer shots without tagging them for spoilers, absolutely bangup job for folks trying to go into the film totally blind.

oh my God, it's just a freaking gif of your usual I-have-no-idea-what-is-going-on-but-it's-cool-I-think Spidey without any context
whatever, I'll put it under a spoiler mark as well, at least to prevent more people from bitching at me

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Those people will live. It's not that serious.

We are a month and a half away from the movie's release tho, so at this point anyone trying to go in completely blind might want to consider avoiding clicking on anything MCU related. It's not hard, and it beats berating others for things they themselves don't consider spoilers (or at least big enough to warrant the tags).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
oh my God, it's just a freaking gif of your usual I-have-no-idea-what-is-going-on-but-it's-cool-I-think Spidey without any context
whatever, I'll put it under a spoiler mark as well, at least to prevent more people from bitching at me
you actually got mad at me for discussing a trailer because i may have spoiled the movie on accident, my comment wasnt addressed entirely at you but i meant it as more of a general statement because some people like myself want to go into the movie knowing as little as possible, AoU’s trailer spoiled vision. the BvS trailer spoiled doomsday. trailers nowadays have gained this ill habit of revealing too much as a hook to get people to buy tickets, especially for comic movies. i didnt invest 10 years of my life into the franchise for a 2 minute trailer to lessen the payoff.

Back