• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Okay but why the hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaplen14

Alright
Couple of things here on a different perspective.
First off
Why is everyone so salty?!
A lot of you might actually make a cut in Kh3 as the new sea salt icecream.

Joking aside, Riku's keyblade is awesome! It's unique and follows a different concept of a key, which is totally acceptable considering there are hundreds of keyblades. They all can't be a skeleton key concept ya know?
It's also a more serious and realistic/sword like key which I feel is a lot more constructive in combat to be honest.
On that note, what is wrong with simplicity in a weapon. We have more than enough keyblades that are excessively constructed with spirals and mini castles on them. Wuttt o_O

So in reference, can this post be dedicated to positive feed back. Lets get a hype going instead of this let down vibe.

What about Riku's design are you excited about? - digging the boots!!

Mickey has his hood back!! Yes!!

Did you notice that there are blades of grass!! It's Breath of the Wild excitement all over again.

There's helicopters in Monsters inc.!!! What if we can ride one?!? How cool!

How bout the chance to go threw a Monsters inc. door to another Disney world, or getting the chance to go threw one at all!! Woo!

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I like the new keyblade.

That being said, I'm just a little bit upset about leaving behind The Way to Dawn since it was very symbolic of Riku's character. With the Souleater being the basis, it represented Riku's mastery over dual-wielding light and darkness.

But who knows? There's gotta be some plot significance. (But then again, Destiny's Embrace)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Joking aside, Riku's keyblade is awesome! It's unique and follows a different concept of a key, which is totally acceptable considering there are hundreds of keyblades. They all can't be a skeleton key concept ya know?
It's also a more serious and realistic/sword like key which I feel is a lot more constructive in combat to be honest.
On that note, what is wrong with simplicity in a weapon. We have more than enough keyblades that are excessively constructed with spirals and mini castles on them. Wuttt o_O

I've seen way more people who like Riku's new design and Keyblade than those that don't.

chenoehii

Awards
A lot of you might actually make a cut in Kh3 as the new sea salt

*slow clap Nicole Kidman style*

This negativity is a large reason why I left the fandom behind and only emerge once every 4 years. Only to realize that's literally how every fandom is so you better get used to it. Ahh.

I'll admit I'm not to hyped on his plaid cuffs (Riku actually has skin underneath his pants whaaaaaat who knew) but I'm digging the boots and the overall militaristic style, plus the hood jacket has a wider lapel than Sora's, which I love, and we're really getting to see how built he is. That weird KH2 design dI'd not do him justice. And OK the hair is pretty fine. Since his older appearance, I have really only liked Riku with long hair when he was in the coat. Every other time it looked a little off. And DDD hair was just a hot mess. I'm pleasantly surprised that the graphics have improved from 2.8 cause I did not really care for his appearance at Mysterious Tower.

Speaking of his face, boy is equal parts sexy and im-gonna-fucking-kill-you-and-look-fab-doing-it.

I understand the new design coupled with the new keyblade is throwing people off and doesn't seem Riku-like, but he's not the same Riku he was when he started this game, not even the same Riku he was in Re:COM. He's matured and his design shows that. Personally, if you're going to complain about his keyblade than please touch on Ven's and Terra's too because they suck in my opinion. And don't even get me started on Lea's.

Zaplen14

I've seen way more people who like Riku's new design and Keyblade than those that don't.
I wish I could say the same O_O. I've seen so many people hate on it unfortunately, so maybe I'm negative for noticing that side more :tongue:

chenoehii

Awards
I wish I could say the same O_O. I've seen so many people hate on it unfortunately, so maybe I'm negative for noticing that side more :tongue:

Pessimism is realism~~~

It probably seems that way because so many people are comparing it to a car key, which hey, I'm doing it too, but I'm not bothered by it.

Aldrahn

Awards
I, personally, did not go through this problem with the community. Even those who did not like the new keyblade have been reasonable.

From what I've seen, of course

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I, personally, did not go through this problem with the community. Even those who did not like the new keyblade have been reasonable.

From what I've seen, of course

Online, outside of this community, people have been scathing. I'm part of a KH Community on Facebook, and roughly 45 facebook posts came up when the trailers went up going "DURR DE HURR RIKU LOOKS STUPID AND LIKE NOCTIS LET'S MAKE FUN OF HIM BECAUSE WE ALL COLLECTIVELY HATE PLAID". I'm not kidding, I almost reported like four people because they would not stop spamming us with "RIKU LOOKS STUPID PLAID IS DUMB I HATE THIS GAME NOW".

A positive thing? OH MY GOD THE TRAILER LOOKS SO GOOD EVERYONE IS SO PRETTYYYYYY

Zul

Awards
Online, outside of this community, people have been scathing. I'm part of a KH Community on Facebook

Facebook(comments?) and Youtube comments are horrid and should be avoided at all costs.

EDIT: I should clarify this is in reference to non-constructive spam rather than legitimate criticism. I'm not of the opinion that criticism should be shied away from as "hate".

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Facebook(comments?) and Youtube comments are horrid and should be avoided at all costs.

Damn straight. Part of the reason why I stay is honestly for the lols, there is a lot of times where I'll say something and they just freak the fuck out because there's a dissenting opinion. They're also notorious to reporting their own admins to other admins and then being kicked out because they're frequently reporting the moderators to themselves for exploiting that community's gullibility. I find it hilarious whenever one of the moderators posts some sarcastic-ass comment about KH fans and everyone, with the exception of like 5 or 10 of the same people, takes them dead. Fucking. Seriously.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Unfortunately, while indeed very often not the majority those spewing hatred and negativity are often the more loud and more easily recognized bunch of the lot.

I'm still of the opinion that Riku's new keyblade fittingly reflects the fact that by the end of DDD he has reached the destination of his redemption journey so that "Way to the Dawn" no longer reflects the actual status of his being as he's no longer on "the way to" Dawn, he IS "Dawn" by now and the new, brighter and more simple Keyblade design reflects this.

It having a resemblance to a security key also fits very much since Riku has gained the power to awaken lost hearts from the Realm of Sleep and is, according to Yen Sid, the one with the highest chance to save Sora's heart whenever it is in too much peril like in the finale of DDD.
Sora is the one meant to save all those suffering characters as stated in Blank Points, yet Riku is the one able to save Sora. A security/fail-safe mode so to say.

Not to mention what a sleek and nifty Keyblade Glider he could get out of this rather smooth new Blade.

Cakeberry

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to fans' feedback outside of this forum, but I actually thought everyone was okay with Riku's new keyblade and that I was the odd one out lol. Not to say I dislike it per se, I'm just ambivalent I guess. There's nothing wrong with simplicity, but I've found that I have a tendency to be more attracted to designs that are busier, weirder, more 'out there' (my irl friend who's also into KH is the exact opposite of me in that regard and we have very different opinions on certain Keyblades lmao). However, I do agree that Riku isn't really following the path to dawn anymore, because he's already at dawn, so the new Keyblade makes sense. All in all, I have a feeling this new Keyblade will grow on me.

BUT, when it comes to his new design, I really like it! I love plaid, I love cuffs, I love boots, and I think that new hairstyle suits him a lot, Noctis be damned. Mickey's also looking more badass (never thought I'd say that lol) with his new design. I really can't wait to see Kairi's!!

Veevee

Awards
Ugh, for every posts where someone says "I don't like this or that", there has to be a post complaining about people who complain. Why? This is a forum. It's made for people to voice their opinions, may they be good or bad. It has always been the way that people who dislike something are yelling the loudest, but that doesn't mean they are the majority. I also heavily dislike Riku's new blade, but I totally dig into his new outfit, he has never looked better. So what? I like one thing and dislike another. It's the same way for every fandom. I love Digimon, but I hate Digimon Tri. Every fandom has its salty moments, but that doesn't mean that the majority isn't content with what they see. Everyone I've spoken to who has seen the new trailers had something else to nitpick on, but in general they were all blown away.
So don't be salty about the saltyness. It's just a normal thing. I find it much more annoying when people keep complaning about how shitty they find the fandom, it's not like the fandom is especially happy to be called that. Just avoid people that you disagree with, you're on the internet, you can do what you want within legal bounds.

By the way while I like the color of Riku's keyblade (grey = unison of light and darkness), it's just too plain for my taste and looks too much like a car key. I like keyblades that are a mix between plain and fancy and this is just too plain for me, but I will get used to it eventually.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Ugh, for every posts where someone says "I don't like this or that", there has to be a post complaining about people who complain. Why? This is a forum. It's made for people to voice their opinions, may they be good or bad. It has always been the way that people who dislike something are yelling the loudest, but that doesn't mean they are the majority. I also heavily dislike Riku's new blade, but I totally dig into his new outfit, he has never looked better. So what? I like one thing and dislike another. It's the same way for every fandom. I love Digimon, but I hate Digimon Tri. Every fandom has its salty moments, but that doesn't mean that the majority isn't content with what they see. Everyone I've spoken to who has seen the new trailers had something else to nitpick on, but in general they were all blown away.
So don't be salty about the saltyness. It's just a normal thing. I find it much more annoying when people keep complaning about how shitty they find the fandom, it's not like the fandom is especially happy to be called that. Just avoid people that you disagree with, you're on the internet, you can do what you want within legal bounds.

Pretty much this. You have every right to be critical about a series you don't like, and it's absolutely expected to get your opinion challenged. Kingdom Hearts is a series with a lot of things to be genuinely concerned about, but at the same time, a lot of the disagreements either hyperbole or people with get used to the additions over time.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If anything I've seen more people using the "Well, actually" approach to defend this Keyblade than those who complain.
And, of course, people that mistake joke and memes for actual criticism.

Like, I've seen a lot of "I like this Keyblade, I don't understand how people can dislike it"
Yo, Imma teach you this magic spell:

- take what you like about that Keyblade (which you probably already posted about anyway)
- give it a negative value, because different opinions and tastes in fashion are as different as they can be
- Boom. Some people see the same concepts you did, with the difference being that they aren't too thrilled about them.

I was hesitant in making this post here earlier not to rain on anyone's parade, but I decided I wanted to share it regardless. This is not me attacking those who attack those who attack Riku's Keyblade, but simply reminding not liking something is perfectly legit unless it reaches toxic levels.

By the way while I like the color of Riku's keyblade (grey = unison of light and darkness), it's just too plain for my taste and looks too much like a car key. I like keyblades that are a mix between plain and fancy and this is just too plain for me, but I will get used to it eventually.

Preach!

ImVentus

Awards

This so accurate. Facebook is filled with real pessimists that nag on anything that is KH related. And then you have YT channels where some are just creating click-bait videos and act like they have facts about the series, it can get really obnoxious outside of the forums.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Pretty much this. You have every right to be critical about a series you don't like, and it's absolutely expected to get your opinion challenged. Kingdom Hearts is a series with a lot of things to be genuinely concerned about, but at the same time, a lot of the disagreements either hyperbole or people with get used to the additions over time.

And just as much a right to be critical about a series you absolutely love!

I agree that some people are annoyingly whiny about the things they don't like and go straight to the "this game sucks now 0/10 won't play" but I definitely understand why people have worries. I do too, there are plenty of things about this game that I'm not sure about, or even just based on what we know, don't like. Best just ignore the ones yelling about the game being ruined because they don't like one design, most of the criticism and worries I've seen have been reasonable and presented calmly.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Personally I don't like the Keyblade. It needs more dimples and for them to be deeper, maybe even varying sizes, to look like a realistic dimple/security key. However I don't hate the Keyblade, I just think it's bland and that's part of the reason why people assume it's a car key instead of a dimple.

D

Deleted member 246005

Alright
Couple of things here on a different perspective.
First off
Why is everyone so salty?!
A lot of you might actually make a cut in Kh3 as the new sea salt icecream.

So in reference, can this post be dedicated to positive feed back. Lets get a hype going instead of this let down vibe.

What about Riku's design are you excited about? - digging the boots!!

Mickey has his hood back!! Yes!!

Did you notice that there are blades of grass!! It's Breath of the Wild excitement all over again.

There's helicopters in Monsters inc.!!! What if we can ride one?!? How cool!

How bout the chance to go threw a Monsters inc. door to another Disney world, or getting the chance to go threw one at all!! Woo!
I find his new keyblade pretty funny actually. It reminds me of a manga i read once (hitman reborn?).

Kh3 is complicated because people have been building up in their heads for so long so the actual reveal might be a letdown.

Plus people haven't really been on board with the storytelling post kh2. Judging by a bunch of youtube videos people have been letdown by it and more jaded at the thought of KH3 giving it a satisfying conclusion.

To me i just decided to enjoy the gameplay and let the story be what its going to be.

Nukara

Awards
I'm very happy with the new keyblade.
He even reminded me of something with a knight's sword showing Rick as a defender of the world.
I, like many will miss the "Road to Dawn", but it was part of the plot and shows the way Riku from darkness to light.
People are afraid of the new and this is normal. I think soon they will get used to and will stop so much to hate the new keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back