• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unmarked spoilers: Potential KH3 world list? (INCOMPLETE)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaXOmega

The Monsters Inc world is basically confirmed real.
The data also had things that looked like they're from 100 Acre Woods and something referencing Frozen.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Except we don’t know what the main island has to offer. The developers have no limits when it comes to developing these worlds. And for a canon explanation, wouldn’t anybody get bored of their home regardless of what it does or doesn’t have to offer? Twilight Town doesn’t have a lot to offer and yet we will be going back there and there will probably be a ton of stuff to do and more areas to explore.

We could easily say any world has nothing else to offer and that would always be a false statement.

I mean, people probably thought the same thing about Traverse Town, and then Dream Drop happened. So it's definitely not out of the question. A lot of these worlds could be fleshed out, if they really wanted to do so.

Like you said as well, Destiny Islands is a place where not only did the main trio start their journey from, but we got Xehanort apparently from there originally too, Ven was nearly abandoned to die there, TAV found their way there for some reason or another, paopu fruits are a thing, and so on. Not to mention 0.2 and the final boss battle that took place. The island is special, so if Xehanort is getting taken out for sure in KH3, it might be worth visiting for multiple reasons. Unless they plan to keep the mystery going until some time in the next saga.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
KHIII is really going to be missing something if they don't include a few more 2D Disney movies. I get the impulse to go with newer material, but so much of what makes Kingdom Hearts enjoyable is nostalgia. Treasure Planet, Atlantis, 101 Dalmatians, The Princess and the Frog, Pocahontas, The Emperor's New Groove, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood -- all of these and more have so much potential and I hope they haven't been forgotten in favor of what is trendy.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
KHIII is really going to be missing something if they don't include a few more 2D Disney movies. I get the impulse to go with newer material, but so much of what makes Kingdom Hearts enjoyable is nostalgia. Treasure Planet, Atlantis, 101 Dalmatians, The Princess and the Frog, Pocahontas, The Emperor's New Groove, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood -- all of these and more have so much potential and I hope they haven't been forgotten in favor of what is trendy.

To be fair, Toy Story and Monsters Inc are actually classics, just 3D. Also the Revival movies aren't just trendy, but genuinely quite good imo.

Either way, I do agree with you. I genuinely want Frozen to be the last 3D animated feature in this game, and the rest to be 2D. I have hope this will be the case...I still think Treasure Planet has so much going for it, it would be a shame to not implement it now. I'd adore any of the others you mentioned as well plus like Lilo and Stitch the most, but I am a little less sure of them getting in.

Sort of feeling like we may get 1 or 2 returning 2D worlds instead. I mean on top of the 2 we are already getting lol.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
To be fair, Toy Story and Monsters Inc are actually classics, just 3D. Also the Revival movies aren't just trendy, but genuinely quite good imo.

I enjoyed Tangled, hated Frozen, and haven't seen Big Hero Six. But I also fully own up to being a grumpy old person lol.

I think the most likely 2D candidate at this point is Jungle Book. It has been skipped over far too many times and I think it fulfills a world 'type' that hasn't been included yet -- a nature-y/wilderness place.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I enjoyed Tangled, hated Frozen, and haven't seen Big Hero Six. But I also fully own up to being a grumpy old person lol.

I think the most likely 2D candidate at this point is Jungle Book. It has been skipped over far too many times and I think it fulfills a world 'type' that hasn't been included yet -- a nature-y/wilderness place.

I understand ha, Frozen is a bit divisive :p I'll leave it up to you if you want to give BH6 a shot, I think its fairly different than a lot of the other movies. But still has Disney charm.

I really want poor Jungle Book to finally get its chance lol, but the Tangled world looks way more nature-y than I first thought? They even expanded the swampy, dead tree area that was in like 1 scene in the movie haha. So I dunno, I think its the not wilderness areas of Tangled compared to Jungle Book that could make them distinct?

Like we know there is the actual kingdom town itself in the former now, and I assume the mine area from the movie would be incorporated as well. Along with the big lake shore, and then of course the bar lol.

For the latter, including areas like King Louie's throne would give it a unique feel. That and the "man" village...I'm not sure what else? I realize jungles should be more lush and exotic than woods, so maybe that would just make it feel different ha. But I'm starting to wonder if they could differentiate it enough to warrant including it in this game....again lol.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Yeah that's the issue i see with Jungle book now. How do you differentiate it enough from Tangled to where it can be distinct while also being just as large in scale.

One of the problems with Jungle Book is it's just not a dense Jungle. It isn't like Tarzan where it's super dense with a lot of vertically.

Jungle Book's jungle is pretty sparse for the most part. So if you were to imagine how it'll look on unreal 4 just by looking at the screens. I don't see it looking much different from what they're doing with Tangled.

ImVentus

Awards
Indeed that was the issue I saw myself at first. Until I re-watched the environment in TJB.

DOwVZC7WsAACqlV.jpg

giphy.gif

Empty-Backdrop-from-The-Jungle-Book-disney-crossover-29269685-500-374.jpg

tumblr_oy17haET3x1w49lylo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ll3rj99fBY1qhttpto1_r1_1280.jpg

The-Jungle-Book-the-jungle-book-40857154-400-228.gif

Looking at the worldbuilding it looks still vastly different from Tangled's environment and it could be more (tropical) I'm just imagining how stunning it would look in the KH Shader.

And actually the more I look at Kingdom Of Corona the less I think it looks like a jungle.

Imagine it looking something inspired by this
Jungle-Enviorment.gif

That doesn't look like Tangled now does it?

Last edited:

bagcifreak

I agree that Jungle Book and Tangled have a lot of similarities but I still think TJB is different enough to still be part of KH3. They could make some "rotten jungle" areas, some ruins to explore, etc.

Also as much as I would love to see Treasure Planet in KH3 it definitely won't have the "nostalgia" aspect. The movie was a huge flop and I don't think many people remember it in fact I used to always forget about its existence.

I think Dumbo would be a cute choice because Sora, Donald & Goofy could transform into animals?! Same goes for The Princess & the frog. Wonderland is one of most wanted worlds to come back because KH1 didn't do the movie justice. They could create a colorful & crazy world based on the movie.

Pocahontas is also too similar to Tangled & TJB... same goes for Robin Hood.

Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Dumbo & Wreck It Ralph are honestly the only left Disney movies that could potentially be part of KH3 because everything else would look too similar to already existing Disney worlds. I also feel like Wonderland and Agrabah is very possible.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Actually, The Princess and the Frog has more credence than The Jungle Book to be a world. Just look at these shots.
frog200sm.jpg

the-princess-and-the-frog-high-definition-wallpaper_090428561_188.jpg

disney-princess-frog-cartoon-widescreen-wallpaper-tablet.jpg

labouffmansion2.jpg

And from a narrative standpoint, it'd be easier to implement than The Jungle Book. Here's a potential plot world summary.

Set after the events of the movie, Maleficent and Pete revive Dr. Facilier in order to locate where the Black Box is. Dr. Facilier seeks revenge on Tiana and Naveen for sending him to "The Other Side". Ansem, Seeker of Darkness explores this world to better understand the imbalance of Darkness and goes after Mama Odie.

There you go, you can have The Princess and the Frog without Sora, Donald and Goofy having to turn into Frogs. Plus, who doesn't want to have a battle against The Shadow Man?

ghostwarmen

Awards
Actually, The Princess and the Frog has more credence than The Jungle Book to be a world. Just look at these shots.

And from a narrative standpoint, it'd be easier to implement than The Jungle Book. Here's a potential plot world summary.

Set after the events of the movie, Maleficent and Pete revive Dr. Facilier in order to locate where the Black Box is. Dr. Facilier seeks revenge on Tiana and Naveen for sending him to "The Other Side". Ansem, Seeker of Darkness explores this world to better understand the imbalance of Darkness and goes after Mama Odie.

There you go, you can have The Princess and the Frog without Sora, Donald and Goofy having to turn into Frogs. Plus, who doesn't want to have a battle against The Shadow Man?
Yep, everything you just listed and said is why it's my most wanted world. I sure hope it makes it in. No Facilier boss would be a massively missed opportunity.

Plus, I'm still under the impression that Disney may want their 5 films of recent years (Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and Big Hero 6) to be in since those films helped Disney get back their immense popularity they had during the 90s. We've got 2 of the 5 confirmed, Frozen is pretty likely, so hopefully the other 2 make the cut

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yep, everything you just listed and said is why it's my most wanted world. I sure hope it makes it in. No Facilier boss would be a massively missed opportunity.

Plus, I'm still under the impression that Disney may want their 5 films of recent years (Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and Big Hero 6) to be in since those films helped Disney get back their immense popularity they had during the 90s. We've got 2 of the 5 confirmed, Frozen is pretty likely, so hopefully the other 2 make the cut

I adore all these movies, but I really think they need to stop it at Frozen. KH has always had a nice variety of worlds, just shoving in all the Disney Revival era would probably leave a bad taste in people's mouths, like its just for marketing. I sorta have already seen people saying crap like that and we only have 2 movies from it lol.

It sucks having to wait for the next game, especially if we don't know if it'll be on PS4 again with these amazing large worlds, but I think what KH3 needs after Frozen is some older or more obscure choices. That's sorta what the Jungle Book would bring that Princess and the Frog wouldn't ​even though PatF is way better lol

I will end this by saying when I walked out of the theater all those years ago from seeing Princess and the Frog, I said "Dr. Facilier would be an amazing KH boss fight." Also Tiana is my favorite Disney princess, so there is that ha. So this hurts to actually admit haha.

ImVentus

Awards
The rare case of TJB is that film is carried by it's characters and not it's story. All the JB characters are widely iconic and memorable, not a single person I met doesn't know of Baloo. The 2016 adaptation was more story focused and I mean they could always borrow from that if necessary. Besides due to the like-ability of the characterisation SE could easily use the characters for a fitting story with KH theme of friendship and sacrifice.

Both ideas have potential for exciting boss battles. A shadow man and his shadows, An Orangutang and his army of monkeys, a hypnotic snake, and a badass tiger. There's some real potential here.

And let's not forget that if someday TENG makes it in we always have that fun idea of a Yzma battle.

Both films aren't without their flaws but they still have enough iconic identity. It's just a matter of taste really, although I think the characters from JB are more iconic.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The rare case of TJB is that film is carried by it's characters and not it's story. All the JB characters are widely iconic and memorable, not a single person I met doesn't know of Baloo. The 2016 adaptation was more story focused and I mean they could always borrow from that if necessary. Besides due to the like-ability of the characterisation SE could easily use the characters for a fitting story with KH theme of friendship and sacrifice.

Both ideas have potential for exciting boss battles. A shadow man and his shadows, An Orangutang and his army of monkeys, a hypnotic snake, and a badass tiger. There's some real potential here.

And let's not forget that if someday TENG makes it in we always have that fun idea of a Yzma battle.

Both films aren't without their flaws but they still have enough iconic identity. It's just a matter of taste really, although I think the characters from JB are more iconic.

So I guess yea I realize its taste lol, for me I like TPatF more, but honestly I loved the live action Jungle Book even more than the animated one. Like you said the stories focus was already character and it did even more with that. If they inspired stuff from that I would be over the moon ha, but I expect it to be exclusively the animated version. There are some rad boss ideas though for sure. All 3 would be great...

ImVentus

Awards
I hope they reveal Frozen very soon so that we can stop talk about it. It's very clear that it will be in the game. I would be baffling if they for some reason didn't add it in the game.

Once Frozen is out of the way it be more interesting to focus on the unknown last choices.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope they reveal Frozen very soon so that we can stop talk about it. It's very clear that it will be in the game. I would be baffling if they for some reason didn't add it in the game.

Once Frozen is out of the way it be more interesting to focus on the unknown last choices.

Of frozen gets revealed, that's all people will talk about. We might get an influx of fans lol.

Anyways, I'm glad that we might get a proper ice world.

ImVentus

Awards
Of frozen gets revealed, that's all people will talk about. We might get an influx of fans lol.

Anyways, I'm glad that we might get a proper ice world.

But if Treasure Planet, TJB or Atlantis happen there will be a choir of fans crying for weeks or months. Frozen is so obvious.

However I'm only interested in Frozen for it being as you said a proper (ice world)

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I wish Frozen was shown earlier, though it makes sense to reveal it closer to the release date.

This thread on reddit kinda lowered my hope for Atlantis, though. The last few unknown worlds are gonna make people insane. No one knows what to expect.

Awards
I wish Frozen was shown earlier, though it makes sense to reveal it closer to the release date.

This thread on reddit kinda lowered my hope for Atlantis, though. The last few unknown worlds are gonna make people insane. No one knows what to expect.

IMO they should announce AT LEAST 2 new worlds on E3 along with the release date

and show the last world on TGS

There's also the event on Anaheim which we all know is about Union Cross BUT i doubt they will not talk about KHIII, the fact the Nomura will be there makes me believe they will show or announce something there tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back