• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are people worried about the Situational Commands?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
I noticed that some of the more vocal people of the community don't really like all the gimmicks of the previous portable games. I will admit that they are perfect but the same can be said about Kingdom Hearts console games and they are still really fun despite their flaws. Now with the introduction of the new Situational Commands, why are some fans worried about the new gimmicks? I know it is not Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix but I don't believe they are that bad.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think what worries people is that there was a point with like 5 commands available all at once lol. In 0.2 only like 2 or 3 would show up at once, but every spell alone having a -za level it adds a lot to balance.

I also think they believe it may then be too easy to just change Keyblade forms and such, but I suppose its hard to say on that front since the game was clearly not balanced damage wise yet during the last trailers.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My issue with the situation commands is they don’t really fix the reaction command complaint. All of that stuff is still put onto triangle, and now there is a lot more stuck to that button.

Plus there are various circumstances that must be completed before a situational command is available. Without knowing what to do to activate all of them, I’d hate to be trapped having to summon an attraction that I don’t want just to be able to quickly get to a form.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So far, do we know if they can be turned off, or try not to use them?
We do not. They don't seem like something that can be turned off, but you can try your best to not use them. In that event, you'd miss out on attraction flow, high tier magic, forms, and possibly party links and summons. You might also be required to use situational commands in some circumstances, like how Reality Shift was necessary to complete Dream Drop Distance.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
It's kind of hard to say without KH3 on hand, though. We don't know what tweaks they made to the system with the feedback from 0.2, and we don't know how new things would work in KH3, such as Attraction Flow.

I think a lot of people are worried that it'll take something from the game if it's too easy to unlock situation commands that are way too powerful. At least in KH3, we know Sora would be starting at Level 1 whereas Aqua was building off of where we left off in BBS's secret episode, so it makes sense that Aqua had -za tier magic at the start, but that shouldn't be the case for Sora.

Maybe we won't unlock certain situational commands until we reach a certain level or finish a world, but that could also be a problem if say, you finish Tangled's world, and suddenly you have 6 new situational commands, a Keyblade, a drive form, and a summon to try out at once.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I dislike the whole idea of the game automating itself. It starts with auto-movement, and having a ton of situational commands, attractions and special finishers to spam may look cool, but I have doubts about how much it adds to fun gameplay.
I also don't like how overpowered it seems to be so far to make use of these things. KH2 might have had reaction commands, but the most useful ones, at times, were actually the ones that didn't do any sick damage, but just shielded you from attacks for a while. It was always a good idea to think about wanting to use them, especially in 2FM on high difficulties / low levels, instead of just spamming, whereas 0.2 felt like the exact opposite of that.

Echoecho6

Awards
My issue is that there is no strategy with the gameplay.. With Drive Forms you were able to go into the form WHEN YOU WANTED, and had full control over that. With this, if you want a certain form for a certain fight, you have to do whatever combos necessary before hand which may or may not end up helping by the time you pull it off. Activating drive forms were quick and snappy and it is better to have a recourse saved up for use than to randomly build up combos whenever you can.

meep2meep

Awards
My issue is that there is no strategy with the gameplay.. With Drive Forms you were able to go into the form WHEN YOU WANTED, and had full control over that. With this, if you want a certain form for a certain fight, you have to do whatever combos necessary before hand which may or may not end up helping by the time you pull it off. Activating drive forms were quick and snappy and it is better to have a recourse saved up for use than to randomly build up combos whenever you can.

That's exactly my issue with them as well... I liked knowing exactly when to use a drive form... either for the invincibility frames, quick magic or health fill, a quick combo, looking awesome in cutscenes and even the necessity of them for leveling up and drive abilities. Also I couldn't just spam drive forms by doing a few combos. I had to be strategic when I used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back