• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Tavern - Stop by for a pint!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
im kinda still kickin but not really (also wow i've been here for 10 yrs!!??)

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I would be more than happy to jump into something new. I'd have gotten in on what's already going, but I'm honestly feeling like an outsider here these days (like, who even am I, right?).

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I would be more than happy to jump into something new. I'd have gotten in on what's already going, but I'm honestly feeling like an outsider here these days (like, who even am I, right?).

I can sympathize with that sentiment. Feel like a ghost of a bygone era.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I can sympathize with that sentiment. Feel like a ghost of a bygone era.

I get the feeling that's what has become of a lot of the old 'big names' in KHI RPing. While it certainly seems that the legacy has carried through in the quality of the people that remain, I wouldn't doubt that a good handful of people will have fallen into obscurity. But then, maybe it's not actually as it seems; and maybe people that haven't been around in a long while don't have to feel like they've been forgotten.

I would relish the chance to join one of your RPs again, if you were ever in the mood to give one a go.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I would relish the chance to join one of your RPs again, if you were ever in the mood to give one a go.

If this statement still holds true, then you may just get your wish. I've had a bit of an itch to get back into writing again, and I could frankly use the practice and mental exercise.

If anyone is interested, it'll probably be an original roleplay focused heavily on character interactions, with a fairly loose plot and setting that is largely open to change. The current environment is far from suitable for the big, grandiose worlds that I used to make with Ordeith or Orion, with paragraphs and paragraphs stretching on, meticulously describing the functionality of the world, but that doesn't mean such a world still can't ultimately be crafted. I'm leaning toward something set in fantasy or horror (or both, knowing my tendencies), partially because of the fond memories of Seguine Heart, but am open to other suggestions as well.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
If this statement still holds true, then you may just get your wish. I've had a bit of an itch to get back into writing again, and I could frankly use the practice and mental exercise.

If anyone is interested, it'll probably be an original roleplay focused heavily on character interactions, with a fairly loose plot and setting that is largely open to change. The current environment is far from suitable for the big, grandiose worlds that I used to make with Ordeith or Orion, with paragraphs and paragraphs stretching on, meticulously describing the functionality of the world, but that doesn't mean such a world still can't ultimately be crafted. I'm leaning toward something set in fantasy or horror (or both, knowing my tendencies), partially because of the fond memories of Seguine Heart, but am open to other suggestions as well.

You have my attention. I think I should be in a better place now. My summer got hectic and busy (as usual). But this time of the year is generally a bit easier; I've got more of my weekends to myself. lol.

TheMostRad

I know I'm a month late on a response here but I hope this still holds true. I spent a lot of time 10 years ago on another KH RP board (World Destiny), and when I joined up on this forum last night I was hoping there may still be some RP remnants carrying on somewhere.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I check back here every once in a while. While there are always a couple of roleplays that seem to be getting steady activity and replies, it's nothing like it was in 2009-2013. Most have gone on to do their own thing while others -- myself included in this batch of people -- have gone on to roleplay-centric sites.

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
Not sure how or why, but cornteen brought me back to this place. Surprised this section still exists tbh.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
i say we all form the AFK cult or something that recalls all of the oldies from the pre-social media boom KHI (2008 and earlier)

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
I check back here every once in a while. While there are always a couple of roleplays that seem to be getting steady activity and replies, it's nothing like it was in 2009-2013. Most have gone on to do their own thing while others -- myself included in this batch of people -- have gone on to roleplay-centric sites.

I find myself doing that exact same thing. To think I joined near 13 years ago by this stage! It's definitely not like what it was back then but it's still good to see things have kept going.

can't believe some of us even remember this place tbh

What's kicking, my OG RP fam?

Seems like a lot of the old rp members have been feeling nostalgic! How is everyone doing?

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
To think this is where I got my beginning yearning in writing, and oh dear was my original writing style atrocious. I owe it to many more experienced, and fellow newbies for putting up with me back then. Though now that I look back it may have been bad spelling, and grammar along with numerous wtf ideas I had. I can see that those around me at the time, and myself had so much fun learning to craft stories with one another.

It is sad to see the state of the site now for the rping section. It feels like a great heritage of birthed ideas slowly fading away into the darkness, but my memories will never let the light of those great times fade away. I'll always have a piece of KHI in my heart to remember what birthed my desire to write... and to make very weird ooc conversations a plenty.

Awards
Seems like a lot of the old rp members have been feeling nostalgic! How is everyone doing?

To think this is where I got my beginning yearning in writing, and oh dear was my original writing style atrocious. I owe it to many more experienced, and fellow newbies for putting up with me back then. Though now that I look back it may have been bad spelling, and grammar along with numerous wtf ideas I had. I can see that those around me at the time, and myself had so much fun learning to craft stories with one another.

It is sad to see the state of the site now for the rping section. It feels like a great heritage of birthed ideas slowly fading away into the darkness, but my memories will never let the light of those great times fade away. I'll always have a piece of KHI in my heart to remember what birthed my desire to write... and to make very weird ooc conversations a plenty.

AHHH so nice to see yall!! hope you've been good.

Cortect

Awards
Not gonna lie, I'm scrolling around the website and I see this, and I,ve got nothing better to do so why not? any pointers for getting started( I've never done anything like this before...)

v4vendetta

Awards
I don't know if this board is dead or not but if anyone wants to just 1x1 RP over DM or if anyone has an active forum or discord based RP please let me know!
My name is V and I have a Kingdom Hearts OC named Faelan (pictured in my icon) that I would LOVE help developing in a lore-safe-ish way, or a partner to RP him with.
I've been RPing for over a decade now so I can adapt to any writing style you might like (although I don't like replying with more than 2-3 paragraphs because I think it leads to run-ons or forced detail).

Back