• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sonic the Hedgehog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
As someone who's only played the 2D Sonic games (the original trilogy and recently Mania), should I try Generations?
To elaborate, I've never owned a console that had any modern Sonic games until recently getting a PS4 for Christmas, and until then only had access to the Genesis games. None of the 3D games look any good except Colors (which I can't get on a PS4 of course) and the aforementioned Generations.
It's a shame that apparently the best 3D Sonic game is merely a homage to what came before, but alas.

The Adventure games were ok for their time. At least the Sonic & Shadow levels will *mostly* hold up, they do show their age a bit. I keep thinking the best course of action for 3D Sonic is to revive the Adventure level design but with a great deal more polish & refinement.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The Adventure games were ok for their time. At least the Sonic & Shadow levels will *mostly* hold up, they do show their age a bit. I keep thinking the best course of action for 3D Sonic is to revive the Adventure level design but with a great deal more polish & refinement.

Do you thnk the Tails/Eggman and Knuckles/Rouge levels have not aged well? I really ike their own unique mechanics.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Do you thnk the Tails/Eggman and Knuckles/Rouge levels have not aged well? I really ike their own unique mechanics.

When it comes to Adventure 2, all of the levels (Sonic/Shadow included) are designed with replayability in mind. Sometimes that's to a fault. The Knuckles/Rouge levels in particular suck the 1st time you play them due to being huge & time consuming to find your way around. & it takes many playthroughs before a player memorizes them enough to be able t play them efficiently. The style was done better in Adventure 1 because the levels weren't as huge as in SA2 & the radar would detect more than 1 shard at a time. The shooting levels are alright.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
When it comes to Adventure 2, all of the levels (Sonic/Shadow included) are designed with replayability in mind. Sometimes that's to a fault. The Knuckles/Rouge levels in particular suck the 1st time you play them due to being huge & time consuming to find your way around. & it takes many playthroughs before a player memorizes them enough to be able t play them efficiently. The style was done better in Adventure 1 because the levels weren't as huge as in SA2 & the radar would detect more than 1 shard at a time. The shooting levels are alright.

They really should do another Adventure game, but reboot the subseries.

Scorseselover

Mighty LIVES!!!

I really want SEGA to adapt a game based off the Archie comics. If they made a game based off a meh tv show, then I don’t see why they shouldn’t make a game based off of the best thing about Sonic at this point. That and I really want to see Sally in a Sonic game. She and Sonic is my favorite game couple of all time.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
104jeag.jpg

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I like that Mania is back to basics in a way. Mighty and Ray predate Tailes and Knuckles, so that's a nice touch. They can re-introduce Amy and Metal Sonic in the sequel.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;BUhuOwwD4n8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhuOwwD4n8[/video]

Pokie

Not to sound dramatic or anything, but this movie is already sounding embarrassingly awful. I'm so tired of Sonic being something that's embarrassing to love, so tired of all the cringe and the bad and or lukewarm games. This movie is going to give the blue blur alot of attention again, and negative attention isn't something a Sonic fan should want.

Yes Mania was fantastic, but Sonic goes one step forward and then twenty steps back.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Jim is going to do a fantastic job at playing Eggman.

tumblr_nrxd05CvaC1qzgwh4o2_500.gif

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Not to sound dramatic or anything, but this movie is already sounding embarrassingly awful. I'm so tired of Sonic being something that's embarrassing to love, so tired of all the cringe and the bad and or lukewarm games. This movie is going to give the blue blur alot of attention again, and negative attention isn't something a Sonic fan should want.

Yes Mania was fantastic, but Sonic goes one step forward and then twenty steps back.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Jim is going to do a fantastic job at playing Eggman.

tumblr_nrxd05CvaC1qzgwh4o2_500.gif

I think we should wait and see. The film could be, or not be, a disaster.

Perkilator

Awards
Did you guys hear about the Sonic Chaos remake by A+Start? It was first announced around SAGE 2018.

[video]https://youtu.be/amYx5FMTVQo[/video]

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So, rumor/leak has it that Sonic is getting yet another animated series. Sonic Mania Adventures Production Manager Cel La Flaca, posted this in Instagram and then deleted it:

Sonic-the-Hedgehog-animated-TV-show-rumor.jpg

I love Sonic Boom, but Boom is more of a subfranchise. Maybe Sega is aiming to do something more mainline a la Sonic X? I dunno, but Sega seems to be on a Sonic "Mania" themselves, seeing as how the movie is also slated for release at the end of next year.

Thanks to ScreenRant for the note.

Back