• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Helping to get trees planted!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally-boiii

Awards
This is kind of random I suppose, but for the past few months I have been using this search engine called Ecosia.org. It works exactly like google but the only difference is every search you do goes towards helping the company earn money almost specifically for planting trees.

Why is this important you say. Well sit your glutes down and I'll tell you!!!!
(insert global warming story and rudimentary explanation of the science involved with trees and them converting CO2 into oxygen here XD)

There ya go!!!!

All jokes aside. I am pretty decently passionate about this and would appreciate you guys checking out the site. It's perfectly free to use and you would be playing an active role in doing something worthwhile for yourselves, others, and your (future or current) children.

(I don't really like doing stereotypical stuff like bringing kids into this type of thing because it's very "Taking-the-moral-high-ground" to me, but at the same time I think this is probably one of the genuine instances where that is applicable)

The importance of using the site really comes into play relative to the frequency in which you use it, so there's directions on how to set it as your default browser on the site itself. When you get the time check it out!

link:
https://www.ecosia.org/

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
so if i go to a certain adult entertainment site that rhymes with CornFlub, its sort of like some kinda bust a nut, plant some nuts type of thing? now THATS good at work amen

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I read up on this and would like to add a few things.

Planting 1 tree takes 45 searches. According to their website, on average one tree is planted within that number of searches.

This is a for-profit company. The company allegedly uses a search engine with ads to create ad revenue. Ecosia then donates 80% to non-profit organizations who are more involved in planting trees. So, Ecosia doesn't really plant the trees themselves. Other organizations are responsible for that. Ecosia just funds the idea.

Ecosia shows financial reports that demonstrate how much they earn and how much is allocated to planting trees. They always reach for 80% of their surplus.

Ecosia has a good deal of partners and six projects. The projects range from multiple continents and countries. It's good to see how diverse they go.

The company's search engine has also been set as default in, but not limited to, Polarity, Waterfox, and Pale Moon.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I read up on this and would like to add a few things.

Planting 1 tree takes 45 searches. According to their website, on average one tree is planted within that number of searches.

This is a for-profit company. The company allegedly uses a search engine with ads to create ad revenue. Ecosia then donates 80% to non-profit organizations who are more involved in planting trees. So, Ecosia doesn't really plant the trees themselves. Other organizations are responsible for that. Ecosia just funds the idea.

Ecosia shows financial reports that demonstrate how much they earn and how much is allocated to planting trees. They always reach for 80% of their surplus.

Ecosia has a good deal of partners and six projects. The projects range from multiple continents and countries. It's good to see how diverse they go.

The company's search engine has also been set as default in, but not limited to, Polarity, Waterfox, and Pale Moon.

I think I remember reading that 80% approximation somewhere on the site. And I know they detail how many searches it takes to generate enough revenue to get a tree planted.

I apologize to you guys about being vague and if at all misleading. I probably should have included that since it's pertinent information and what not. XD However I do appreciate you Recon for providing a little more clarity on the topic.

so if i go to a certain adult entertainment site that rhymes with CornFlub, its sort of like some kinda bust a nut, plant some nuts type of thing? now THATS good at work amen

XD And yes Chuman, hypothetically
anything
you search on ecosia would help get trees planted.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
It's actually pretty convenient. Chrome just offers to install the plugin and everything stays the same. I like the fact that no one can say that I waste time on the internet anymore. It's just necessary to make my quota of planting 10 trees a day.

Sally-boiii

Awards
It's actually pretty convenient. Chrome just offers to install the plugin and everything stays the same. I like the fact that no one can say that I waste time on the internet anymore. It's just necessary to make my quota of planting 10 trees a day.

yeah you can even look up random and stupid stuff just for the sake of getting your search count up and consequently getting a tree planted. I've done that a number of times myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back