• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Actual) Poll: How Would KH3 Leave You Satisfied With The End Of The Dark Seeker Saga?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What Would Leave You Fulfilled?

• Proper Character Development

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Defeat\End Of Certain Character

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Answering All Your Questions (Leaving Little Ambiguity)

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Emphasis On Climactic Battles And Conflicts

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Powerful Scenes That Leave You Emotional\Nostalgic

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Closure Of Certain Lesser Used Characters

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • More Aspects Of The KH Universe Explored\Lore Expanded

• Importance Of Main Characters Lives After The Final Battle

• I'll Be Fine With Great Gameplay And Graphics

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Other Not Listed Here

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Well it's kind of crazy when the reality actually hits you. This is it. KH3 will come out this year (barring anything drastic) and the Dark Seeker Saga will come to a close. Sure the future is open to new titles, but it'll be for a new story.

The Kingdom Hearts everyone has come to know and love will come to an end.

So I present to you this question.

What do you think that KH3 could do to leave you feeling fulfilled and satisfied about the conclusion of the Dark Seeker Saga?

It's multiple choice this time. However I encourage everyone to weigh in on answers you feel more strongly about than others.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Gameplay is eventually the most important feature to me to make me replay a game, but I have to say that's not what I look for most in KH3. Even if the gameplay turns out to be shit, there's always KH2 for me to go back to. But I need this story. I need these characters. Hngh.

I'm really hoping for some proper character treatment / development - especially for lesser (or so far badly) used characters. The BBS cast needs justice, and that includes Vanitas on my watch, of course. Also Naminé, just please. I'd love to see Kairi develop into more than what she is, too, although I'm at the point where I don't dare hoping for it anymore. And I'd probably kill for some proper Saix / Isa treatment, because up to today, I still can not relate to Axel / Lea's "he's changed!!11"-shittalk-justification for ditching his bf.
Other than that, powerful scenes especially between the original characters. I want Riku to meet Roxas again and apologize for what happened, and Roxas to realize he would've done the same for his friends, because he knows what it's like when they're everything to you and you can't let them go. I want Terra and Aqua to meet Riku and Sora and realize that both of them approached things the wrong way, but that there's always a way to set things right. Hopefully including the much-needed "oh, OOPS, maybe our master was wrong about his light-obsession, too".
I also want a ridiculous meet of Sora, Roxas, Ventus and Vanitas for the fucking hilarity. A girl can dream.

Smithee

Awards
"oh, OOPS, maybe our master was wrong about his light-obsession, too".

"Yep, he was wrong to prefer the opposite of the side that empowers psychopaths to ruin life after life (including ours)."

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
eh story shmory. a good story never got me to replay a game. for my money's worth, make the game stellar.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
"Yep, he was wrong to prefer the opposite of the side that empowers psychopaths to ruin life after life (including ours)."

Except Eraqus tried to kill both Ventus (who clearly has what he always wanted - a heart void of darkness) and Terra - because he lost his mind over how scared he was of the X-Blade, instead of just tracking down and eliminating Vanitas and / or Xehanort. I'd also think that both Eraqus and Riku are evidence enough that light=good darkness=evil doesn't hold up, but to each their own.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Gameplay is eventually the most important feature to me to make me replay a game, but I have to say that's not what I look for most in KH3. Even if the gameplay turns out to be shit, there's always KH2 for me to go back to. But I need this story. I need these characters. Hngh.

I'm really hoping for some proper character treatment / development - especially for lesser (or so far badly) used characters. The BBS cast needs justice, and that includes Vanitas on my watch, of course. Also Naminé, just please. I'd love to see Kairi develop into more than what she is, too, although I'm at the point where I don't dare hoping for it anymore. And I'd probably kill for some proper Saix / Isa treatment, because up to today, I still can not relate to Axel / Lea's "he's changed!!11"-shittalk-justification for ditching his bf.
Other than that, powerful scenes especially between the original characters. I want Riku to meet Roxas again and apologize for what happened, and Roxas to realize he would've done the same for his friends, because he knows what it's like when they're everything to you and you can't let them go. I want Terra and Aqua to meet Riku and Sora and realize that both of them approached things the wrong way, but that there's always a way to set things right. Hopefully including the much-needed "oh, OOPS, maybe our master was wrong about his light-obsession, too".
I also want a ridiculous meet of Sora, Roxas, Ventus and Vanitas for the diddlying hilarity. A girl can dream.

Came here to say this, saved the time of having to type it. Thanks I'm just stealing this. I'd also like to add that amazing 10/10 music, but I have no doubts about that happening.

Smithee

Awards
Except Eraqus tried to kill both Ventus (who clearly has what he always wanted - a heart void of darkness) and Terra - because he lost his mind over how scared he was of the X-Blade, instead of just tracking down and eliminating Vanitas and / or Xehanort. I'd also think that both Eraqus and Riku are evidence enough that light=good darkness=evil doesn't hold up, but to each their own.

Personally, I've seen them as Broken Aesops for quite a while now -- e.g.:

Eraqus: "My own heart is darkness!"

Riku: "Consume the darkness, return it to light!"

So... Darkness is only good when tamed by Light, and Light's only bad when warped by Darkness? That doesn't seem like subverting the cliches; that just seems like putting different coats of paint on them.

But like you said, to each their own.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Other: Disney worlds aren't filler/Disney characters contribute to main plot.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
To be honest, I'm mainly looking for catharsis. There are a lot of other, arguably more important, factors in properly building a narrative and the characters who inhabit it but I'm first and foremost looking to KH3 to scratch that basic emotional itch the series represents for me. I want pathos, and I want closure. I want sweeping, lavish sequences of character resurrection and reconnection and resolution layered as indulgently as devil cake, and persistent reminders of the series' history scattered all about, and all sorts of littler things designed to tweak at my soul and make me feel the way my favorite game saga ought to at its pinnacle. Like Blank Points writ large; a refrain that taps into the bond between myself and the material. Make me cry at least once! Use that Shimomura magic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back