• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mysterious Figure troubles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

soramstr

Hey guys, I made a detailed guide for fighting the Mysterious Figure in BBS. He was a tough sunnovabishh, especially with Terra, and in this guide I tried to make him a little more manageable. It isn't super technical but I think it very effectively explains his attacks and a good strategy to beat him. Let me know if this helps anyone looking to platinum this game on PS4

[video=youtube;RBz3bPOH-fo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBz3bPOH-fo[/video]

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
People STILL have trouble with the mysterious figure as terra? are you joking?! I found that Terra's the easiest to deal with, as his naturally high strength and Chaos ripper keychain boost the effects of thunder surge. It only took me 2 tries to beat him on critical mode. My advice for all the noobs out there? keep on the mysterious figures tail, don't give him room to breathe and move accordingly. Then again, this was on critical mode, so i don't know how other modes play out.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
As someone who has a lot of trouble tracking visual signals when they're presented in rapid succession like in this boss fight, videos like this are really helpful and appreciated. I'm almost done with Aqua's scenario in the HD collection and I haven't been looking forward to revisiting YX, such that I haven't even touched this boss fight since beating it on PSP. It's just not fun, and if I can cheese through it as painlessly as possible, I won't feel guilty about that.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
People STILL have trouble with the mysterious figure as terra? are you joking?! I found that Terra's the easiest to deal with, as his naturally high strength and Chaos ripper keychain boost the effects of thunder surge. It only took me 2 tries to beat him on critical mode. My advice for all the noobs out there? keep on the mysterious figures tail, don't give him room to breathe and move accordingly. Then again, this was on critical mode, so i don't know how other modes play out.

Pretentious much? Jesus Christ.

Luckily I will never have to face that guy as Terra again, but it's still nice that people take the time to do tutorials.

Soldier

Awards
Pretentious much? Jesus Christ.

Luckily I will never have to face that guy as Terra again, but it's still nice that people take the time to do tutorials.
Rereading my post a few days later, and I now realize how pretentious I sound, sincerest apologies. It's sometimes hard to remember that some people struggle with a certain character. I know it took me well over 40 tries with ventus and aqua. Their invulnerability frames might be best, but at the cost of greater strength.

Boni

I beat this guy with Terra and Ventus on Beginner Mode (yeah, I'm lame), it wasn't that difficult, but with Aqua? I simply CAN'T beat him, and it's all I need left to get the second to last trophy (her journal). He keeps spamming that f**** death countdown, and there's nothing I can do. Seriously. Every single time. I can escape the first 2 attacks, but the 3rd (when there's 2 seconds left?) It's 99,9% impossible.

I don't understand why, but the enemies are tougher with Aqua in 1.5+2.5 HD, even the Arena unverseds had stronger defenses than when I played with Terra and Ven (all three on Beginner Mode). It's simply frustrating. I got platinum for all others games, but Aqua vs. MF is killing me. The battle is not fair, and I don't even want to imagine how is it to face him on Critical Mode.

vanitasunverse

with aqua you can pretty lazily spam magic hour (it works best if you punish him after he does his X-slash move).

if he somehow breaks out you'll probably have your finisher loaded up by that time and assuming you have heal strike, you can do that, and wait for him to x-slash again. it might take some time tho, he tends to revert time a lot

Destinyislands88

I fought him with all characters in Beginner Mode at level 99 with Ultima Weapon and it wasn't so hellishly hard if you fight carefully, besides, with a single hit he toke a 1/4 of my entire health (Only with all HP boost), and it toke me less than 2 minutes and 15 seconds to kill him.

Megavoltage

Awards
I just got Platinum! Your video was helpful but I still had a miserable experience beating MF with Terra. I was stuck on this fight for like a week. I usually adore post game KH content but MF is so horrible, I'm never bothering with him again now that I have plat. I'm free!

Destinyislands88

This is the result of poor design on an optional boss. While I love these secret boss fights of the franchise of how epic and challenging they are, they do NOT take that HP away (With a single hit that is) I mean look at the secret bosses on KH3D even on critical mode they don't take away all your HP on one single hit, in fact not all optional bosses of the series are that blatantly cheap only Vanitas Remnant and Mysterious Figure are the worst bosses on all of the series. The Lingering Will is far away more easy than those 2! The Vanitas Remnant has 80 of strenght? It looks like 800 to me! I hope the designers learned that lesson!

Back