• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will we ever see long awaited games more frequently?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
With 2013 to 2017 being a surprise for game announcements, I think it's time to look to the future. Due note this is a list about long awaited games. Now I will be lax, gonna also include games we need more info on. Also this in my opinion of most to least wanted or asked for games.

1: The elder scrolls 6

2: Xenogears Remake(you'll be surprised)

3: Cyberpunk 2077

4: A Final fantasy 1-9 collection pack with all updated versions.

5: A triple a godzilla game

6: Spiderman PS4

7: Mortal Kombat 11

8: Gen 8 pokemon 2019 release year

9: New bleach game

10: World of Final Fantasy 2

Zul

Awards
With 2013 to 2017 being a surprise for game announcements, I think it's time to look to the future. Due note this is a list about long awaited games. Now I will be lax, gonna also include games we need more info on. Also this in my opinion of most to least wanted or asked for games.

After they port skyrim to another 7 systems and re-release it on those systems(after the port releases)...........twice.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

2: Xenogears Remake(you'll be surprised)

3: Cyberpunk 2077

4: A Final fantasy 1-9 collection pack with all updated versions.

5: A triple a godzilla game

6: Spiderman PS4

7: Mortal Kombat 11

8: Gen 8 pokemon 2019 release year

9: New bleach game

10: World of Final Fantasy 2

Games take a very long time to make with graphical enhancements, more advanced AI systems, and larger worlds. Games are announced far too early and I wouldn't expect a lot of these anytime soon, if ever. I haven't heard announcements for most of these, so not sure why so many people are allegedly asking for some of them, but:

1. We know it'll come eventually. According to Bethesda, the game wasn't even in development in late 2016. I'd be surprised if it happens this generation.

2. I will be surprised. Don't see it happening.

3. Not coming soon. Why this game was announced in 2012, I will never know.

4. It's not happening. SE just released ports of VII and IX on current gen consoles, so a release of 1-9 is pretty much not in the cards.

5. Bandai Namco published a Godzilla game in 2014 and it was widely considered awful. I'm pretty sure the market for that is dead.

6. 2018 probably, so that's good.

7. I wouldn't call this highly anticipated by any stretch, but this is one I could see coming soon now that Injustice 2 has been on the market.

8. This was just announced this year so I wouldn't call it long-awaited. We don't know that it is gen 8, and we don't know that it is coming out in 2019, but we do know that a Pokemon for Switch is in development.

9. Again, nothing official announced as far as I am aware unless you want that Chinese mobile game.

10. I'm pretty sure a sequel mobile game was announced for Japan earlier this year. I wouldn't hold my breath for a proper sequel anytime soon, if ever.

As seems to be typical of game release cycles, particularly this generation, big, triple A games release in waves at first. So it'll feel like a lot of games that have been announced the previous few years will be coming out soon, only because that's how the cycle of game development usually falls. Unfortunately, a lot of the games you listed do not exist or won't for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back