• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unused magic commands found within Kingdom Hearts 0.2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Just the other day, files were datamined and extracted which gave us a look at some of the models and areas within Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. The files, which included Luxu and the Courtyard outside Cinderella’s Castle, can be seen here.

Keytotruth has now found what he allegedly claims to be magic spells for Kingdom Hearts 3 inside of Kingdom Hearts 0.2!

The spells, which were unused in Kingdom Hearts 0.2, include variations on Water/Aqua, Aero (which has been seen in multiple Kingdom Hearts 3 trailers), as well as Holy. The big uncover, however, seems to be a combination of magic which may suggest mixing and melding magic together.

The spells listed that mix together include Waterfire, Waterblizzard, and WaterAero. This may suggest that we can mix magic together to form new forms of magic, or it could be a combination with Donald, such as tweaking him so in scenarios he would cast water/aqua and immediately follow with fire.

You can view Keytotruth’s full list here.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

SomeKHFan

Awards
The combinations sound interesting. It would have been interesting to combine water and lightning together. Maybe some of these magic could be involved with some of Sora's drive forms.

Perkilator

Awards
Holy.....! No, seriously. That was my reaction when I saw Holy on there. Think we'll see all that cut stuff in KH3, or least ANY of it?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I considered that Holy might have been a new magic available when Mickey joined Aqua but was taken out. There is a good chance of these being in 3 since we have seen Aero

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I considered that Holy might have been a new magic available when Mickey joined Aqua but was taken out. There is a good chance of these being in 3 since we have seen Aero

That's what I thought too.

Also, water was going to be a legit spell, for once. Mh

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm really excited for a water spell! Always wanted that. I hope it's useful, I love water magic. Combinations sound interesting I guess, if they can make it work so that there's actually a reason to do it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Be nice to get a real water spell, and Holy could happen yea. I just hope poor Donald learns them all....heck I'd like him to learn a spell or two Sora can't but I guess people like the player character to be all powerful. Its just silly the main mage in KH2 had like 4 spells lol.

I assume other party members will have a mixture of spells and physical moves or whatever, as usual so thats cool.

horto12485

Awards
I hope we get these in Kingdom Hearts III since we didn't get them in 0.2 Birth By Sleep a Fragmentary Passage since we haven't seen New Spells yet in KH3.

Perkilator

Awards
As if I wasn't ALREADY pumped further for KH3 this year, I find out that there are spells that were about to be in 0.2, and may or not be in KH3! JUST like the Monsters Inc. leak.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Hooray for Water spells! Freaking finally!

Whether it's being able to combine magic together for neato effects, team attacks with Donald, or having control over what your AI partners do, the mixed magic piqued my interest.

If Water spells are in KH III and Demyx does not reappear even as a Somebody I will lose it.
When I saw the Water spells, my first thought was "wouldn't it be neat if Demyx became a party member?"

Caxinuld

Awards
Now I'm starting to wonder how much was created for an earlier version of 0.2 and got cut. While it would be cool to see these make an appearance in KH3, I'm not expecting it to happen.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Not so thrilled at the idea of command melding coming back (depends on how it's done), but I think the idea of triggering magic commands that combine Sora's and Donald's spells is excellent and would feel like a natural evolution of Limits. I love having the option to work with the other party members to get unique results which are situation-specific in both activation and usefulness.

OTOH, if this is just another set of Sora superpowers, eh. I hope it at least looks cool.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Balancing magic powers out between Sora and Donald sounds good, think about the possible nice in-battle animations when a combined attack is starting, to me it'd be lovely !

I personally am a fan of BBS's command melding, it was fun and thrilling to do, even with all the times I got a command I didn't want. And especially with each time I DID get the right command or a command I didn't know at all and which sounded badass (and was badass, like the 5% probability rare commands, Ars Arcanum, Tornado, BIO BARRAGE FYES etc. - when you are going blindly in the game and have no guide, these melding results really make your day. The gaming experience, man, it's simply part of it). So if some kind of command melding eventually is present in KH3, it will be great for me to discover all the possible outcomes >:'D

If Water spells are in KH III and Demyx does not reappear even as a Somebody I will lose it.

Imagine if one possible melding result in the Water spell-line is a command which creates water clones. Man..........
or even better, water clones of Demyx pfff

Perkilator

Awards
By the way, I noticed that there was an item an that list that said "Save (someone)". What does THAT mean? That we were originally meant to save people trapped in the Realm of Darkness?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
By the way, I noticed that there was an item an that list that said "Save (someone)". What does THAT mean? That we were originally meant to save people trapped in the Realm of Darkness?

I took that as either saving the game while playing as someone else or "saving" a party member in some circumstances.
Y'know, kinda like Riku's Reaction Command for saving Sora in KH II's final battle.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I really hope water magic gets more focus in KH3. It's just so underused..not even in KH but in general.

They could make it up by bringing Demyx back and having him appear in Atlantis( Would be the best place to get new water magic) so he can dance water dance x100 and they can make up for all the underused water magic in the world.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

The Japanese 助けるmeans 'to save' as in 'to help'. The command would likely be used to revive party members when they are KO'ed.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I'm really hyped for Holy returning. Personally I'd like to see Sora use it outside of combo or final attacks. He could shoot smaller orbs of light or something. Kind of like how Dark Firaga is a signature move for Riku they could do something like 'Holy Shot' or 'Holy Orb' for Sora.

Edit: Also I know there's Faith, but it takes two command slots compared to Dark Firaga's one in DDD. With a much longer recharge time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back