• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH1 Keyblade Tier List

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So after replaying KH1 for the bazillionth time I decided to make a tier list for the Keyblades in Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix (not the original). This tier list is based on MP, recoil, usability in the game (and if there are better replacements), STR, etc.. With aesthetics and design of the keyblade being completely removed and a non-factor.

Ultima Tier: Ultmia Weapon

Top Tier: Diamond Dust, Divine Rose, Lionheart, Lady Luck

Good Tier: Olympia, Spellbinder, Fairy Harp, Oathkeeper

Mid Tier: Crabclaw, Three Wishes, Pumpkinhead, Wishing Star, Kingdom Key

Trash Tier: Jungle King, Metal Chocobo, Oblivion, One Winged Angel

Though MP usage I'll admit is a bit more bias in this list. Also I know that it is a bit cheating to put Ultima Weapon in its own tier especially since it is a bit more difficult to get it in the Final Mix and not many players see the worth in synthesizing it but I still did it lol. What are your thoughts and should any Keyblades be moved?

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Olympia, Pumpkin Head, One-Winged Angel, and Ultima Weapon were probably my favorite Keyblades throughout the game.

I'm not saying they're on equal footing at the end, but at the point you receive the misc. Keyblades throughout the game, these were the ones I enjoyed playing with. The worst part of KH1 is when you're stuck with Spellbinder/Wishing Star at Atlantica and then Crabclaw for HT. Crabclaw isn't so bad, but Pumpkin Head feels so much better once you get upgraded. I guess they wanted to have great upgrades for optional content as an incentive to complete them (HT -> Pumpkin King, Atlantica -> Thundara, OC -> Olympia, One-Winged Angel, spell upgrades, Yellow Trinity, etc.).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
So after replaying KH1 for the bazillionth time I decided to make a tier list for the Keyblades in Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix (not the original). This tier list is based on MP, recoil, usability in the game (and if there are better replacements), STR, etc.. With aesthetics and design of the keyblade being completely removed and a non-factor.

Ultima Tier: Ultmia Weapon

Top Tier: Diamond Dust, Divine Rose, Lionheart, Lady Luck

Good Tier: Olympia, Spellbinder, Fairy Harp, Oathkeeper

Mid Tier: Crabclaw, Three Wishes, Pumpkinhead, Wishing Star, Kingdom Key

Trash Tier: Jungle King, Metal Chocobo, Oblivion, One Winged Angel

Though MP usage I'll admit is a bit more bias in this list. Also I know that it is a bit cheating to put Ultima Weapon in its own tier especially since it is a bit more difficult to get it in the Final Mix and not many players see the worth in synthesizing it but I still did it lol. What are your thoughts and should any Keyblades be moved?

I don't think Divine Rose is really that good for most fights, as the short length is definitely a problem combined with the chunkiness of KH1's movement. I'd definitely at least switch it with Oathkeeper personally.
I also don't think that Oblivion is trash, at all. It has high attack, which can be essential in dealing enough damage to certain enemies, and very long length. Sure, magic is important, and in fights where I really need Stop or Aero, I would usually prefer Oathkeeper, but Oblivion's length got me through one or the other very annoying fight as well, like Chernabog.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Ultima Weapon

Every Keyblade with high Crit chance

Every Keyblade with high guard stat

Wishing Star

Can I also say that I totally dislike them buffing the Rose so much in the FM version? There is almost no point in using Oblivion anymore.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't think Divine Rose is really that good for most fights, as the short length is definitely a problem combined with the chunkiness of KH1's movement. I'd definitely at least switch it with Oathkeeper personally.
I also don't think that Oblivion is trash, at all. It has high attack, which can be essential in dealing enough damage to certain enemies, and very long length. Sure, magic is important, and in fights where I really need Stop or Aero, I would usually prefer Oathkeeper, but Oblivion's length got me through one or the other very annoying fight as well, like Chernabog.

True but I consider Divine Rose a tier above it mainly because
1. The higher recoil value. For better counterattacks.
2. The loss of the MP bar.
3. It has higher strength than Oblivion and it doesn't have an MP bar drawback to do so.

You are correct that it does have better reach than Divine Rose HOWEVER in KH 1.5 they introduced the ability Combo Master. So even if Sora's hit doesn't connect with an opponent he can still perform a combo. This honestly made some boss fights (like the one with Sephy) a lot easier. Of course Leaf Bracer helped too lol. Also isn't Lionheart just the improved version of Oathkeeper?

Ultima Weapon

Every Keyblade with high Crit chance

Every Keyblade with high guard stat

Wishing Star

Can I also say that I totally dislike them buffing the Rose so much in the FM version? There is almost no point in using Oblivion anymore.

Why the emphasis on Crits?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Why the emphasis on Crits?

Because I'm feeling very comfortable on how Crits are handled in KH1. You can do a lot of damage with the right Keyblade and Crit+ skills.
At the end of the day, I found that more useful that even MP, considered in many situations you use magic only for healing and defence.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Because I'm feeling very comfortable on how Crits are handled in KH1. You can do a lot of damage with the right Keyblade and Crit+ skills.
At the end of the day, I found that more useful that even MP, considered in many situations you use magic only for healing and defence.

I can see that. Though I will say that Crits no longer matter end game when facing off against bosses like Unknown or Sephy because of the softcap of 61 in Strength. Hence why I put One Winged Angel in the trash tier. It looks amazing and I love the fire effects but it's terrible to me from a gameplay standpoint.

That being said Wishing Star is actually pretty cool though and the guaranteed crit is amazing early/mid game.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
True but I consider Divine Rose a tier above it mainly because
1. The higher recoil value. For better counterattacks.
2. The loss of the MP bar.
3. It has higher strength than Oblivion and it doesn't have an MP bar drawback to do so.

You are correct that it does have better reach than Divine Rose HOWEVER in KH 1.5 they introduced the ability Combo Master. So even if Sora's hit doesn't connect with an opponent he can still perform a combo. This honestly made some boss fights (like the one with Sephy) a lot easier. Of course Leaf Bracer helped too lol. Also isn't Lionheart just the improved version of Oathkeeper?

Tbh I don't think Combo Master is worth the loss of a hit. Sure, you can connect, but it's still time consuming to miss a hit. And tbh, I'm not sure at which level Sora learns Combo Master, so it might not even be an option for everyone.
I also like the fact that Oblivion has a crit bonus value.
As for Lionheart, I prefer Oathkeeper's x2 Critical Hit rate over it, to be honest.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Tbh I don't think Combo Master is worth the loss of a hit. Sure, you can connect, but it's still time consuming to miss a hit. And tbh, I'm not sure at which level Sora learns Combo Master, so it might not even be an option for everyone.
I also like the fact that Oblivion has a crit bonus value.
As for Lionheart, I prefer Oathkeeper's x2 Critical Hit rate over it, to be honest.

Hmmm that sounds fair. You're input has made me realize that my tier list is not only bias towards MP wielding keyblades but also that it really doesn't like Keyblades with reach or Critical hitting keyblades. I guess I have a bias towards short keyblades as well.

Now I'm honestly curious as to what your keyblade tier list for this game would look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back