• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Least Favorite Enemy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagayaki

Awards
Like the title says, who’s your least favorite enemy in Kingdom Hearts? I don’t really hate all of them, but the ones on my list are really, really hard.

KH1:
Cloud
Riku Replica (Repliku, or Republican Riku XD It took me more than 20 tries to defeat him)
Defenders scared me during Hollow Bastion
And so did Invisibles
Darkballs are annoying
And so were Angel Stars
Air Soldiers when I was starting out killed me several times
Leon and Yuffie
Hades (“Feel the Heat” Oh my god...)
Those ships in Neverland
And the Phantom in Neverland

KH2:
Demyx (He’s even harder than the final boss! It took me more than 30 tries to defeat him)
Xigbar(f)
Luxord

KH358/2 Days:
Bad Dog
I forgot, but that boss during Beast’s Castle that shoots missiles

KHBBS:
Those damn bunny Unversed in Radiant Garden that have ears of steel
Braig
Those gorilla Unversed from Neverland
TerraNort

KHRe: Coded
Sora’s Heartless
Defenders (they’re bad in every game)
The upgraded red Defenders
Dragon Maleficent
Data Riku

KH3D:
Queen Bee, or whatever that bee thing was
Anti Black Coat Nightmare
Young Xehanort

KHUX
Hocus Pocus (I call him the Fukkin’ Pumpkin)
Cloud yet again
Wibble Wobble
Werewolf
Mean Maiden should be at the top of my list right now.
And so should Martial Monkey
Master Ira
Pester Jester

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Are we only talking bosses, or everything?

My two most hated (H A T E D) bosses:
Ruler of the Skies and Cave of Wonders (KH1).
If you want to get me really mad, have me fight those.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
the wyverns in the outside area of KH1 Hollow Bastion that are just baiting you to air combo over the edge so you fall all the way down. In a game full of very sound design choices, enemies that bait you into falling and spending an unnecessary amount of time backtracking is a very STUPID design choice.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
the wyverns in the outside area of KH1 Hollow Bastion that are just baiting you to air combo over the edge so you fall all the way down. In a game full of very sound design choices, enemies that bait you into falling and spending an unnecessary amount of time backtracking is a very STUPID design choice.

Tbh a huge lot of KH1-enemies focus on making the experience unnecessarily long for the player. Be it backtracking because of enemies like the wyverns, teleporting like the dark balls or stupid invincibility like the mushrooms, angel stars and wizards have. It's funny because I never noticed it much as a kid, but now it really bothers me.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
In KH2 I'd probably say Dancers. Those things get on my frickin nerves, especially in the Cavern of Remembrance. Ruler of Skies like Void mentioned. Besides that I can't really say I hate many others.

End

Awards
Uhhhhhh that bee from the dive missions in KH3D

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
List time!

Boss/Regular enemy

KH1 - Ursula 1 / Air Soldier
KH2 - Demyx / Shaman & Necromancer pls nerf
BBS - Zack 2 his opening attack is bs / The big thingies with valves on their backs
Coded - Data-Riku with his good old Dark Aura spam / Eliminator
DDD - Were there even any good bosses in this game uhh... let's say YX / The cute snails that cry when you hit them :'l
0.2 - That disaster of a final boss / The fireball thingies
UX - Martial Monkey / Sleep Archers

I don't remember Days well enough to list regular enemy but yes, I'll join the Victims of Ruler of the Sky club. It's been what, 8 years, and I still remember how to do that fight even though I haven't seen it ever since. I was stuck on it for so long. diddly that fight.

Kagayaki

Awards
Are we only talking bosses, or everything?

My two most hated (H A T E D) bosses:
Ruler of the Skies and Cave of Wonders (KH1).
If you want to get me really mad, have me fight those.
Pretty much any enemy, boss or regular. I didn’t have time to edit my post before. The fire alarm went off.

Yeah, Jafar pissed me off—in the movie (ever since I was 7) and the game. I think the chameleon thing in Deep Jungle gave me a hard time when I was starting out.

Also Pete in any and every game! He’s such a loser who needs a better job.

Veevee

Awards
Roxas in KH2. While I love the fight for its storyline purpose and his attacks and the overall design of the fight, it performed horribly imo. People complain about enemies in BBS wouldn't stagger, but Roxas also doesn't. You mash your keyblades into his back until he just decides to turn around after a few strikes to mash you some light pillar into your face. Like, really? You didn't feel that at all? Stupid nobody.
The data battles which I consider quite unbalanced.
Vexen in Re:Com.
Nearly every boss in DDD due to that flowmotion stuff.
In BBS, the bunny unversed that could dig into the ground.
Everything that poisons in KH Ux. If you die and get resurrected, you shouldn't still suffer from Poison which instantly kills you. That's stupid, that's cheap, that's infuriating.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mh... just for the sake of novelty, I'll avoid mentioning enemies from the Osaka games (meaning I'll ignore awful programming and I'll go with personal taste)
Easily Mushroom VIII. Like almost every other Mushroom it has a challenge you need to complete by using certain tools at your disposal, except that at some point the randomness of the direction of his rebound trumps over any amount of skill you have, and you just have to pray every god known to mankind that he lands close to you.
I really like doing the KH II FM postgame, and I'd do it almost every time I do a run if not for the fact that I don't like spending hours screaming at this blasted fungus.

Other than that, every enemy that places a good chunk of his fight/challenge on random elements. Special mention to enemies like Black Ballade and Mushroom X.

Tbh, that's easily solved by either flying to the platform with the chest or by sticking to the wall/glass window. The Wyverns will come to you and you can exterminate them with ease.
I forgive them for it because I personally think finding those spots was intentional, and not some workaround players had to find.
But of course that's just me.

Roxas in KH2. While I love the fight for its storyline purpose and his attacks and the overall design of the fight, it performed horribly imo. People complain about enemies in BBS wouldn't stagger, but Roxas also doesn't. You mash your keyblades into his back until he just decides to turn around after a few strikes to mash you some light pillar into your face. Like, really? You didn't feel that at all? Stupid nobody.

Roxas does stagger. He actually has a rather long animation where he has to "readjust" the Keyblades if memory serves me correctly.
I think what you're referring to with his counter after delivering a combo to his back is the revenge value, that prompts every boss to retaliate after reaching a certain number. Every KH II boss has it. Imo is not really like BbS' dumb non-stagger armor, there are ways to work around the revenge value.
Again, that's just my own personal take to this.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well if we go with every enemy:

KH1 is full of enemies I despise for reasons I mentioned above. Invinvibility for the sake of me having to wait something out is an instant fun-killer to me, that's why I avoid wizards and angel stars as much as I can.
Bossfights..yeah still Cave of Wonders, because it's so ridiculously annoying with those fucking heartless swirling around and not staggering properly when you attack them.
Jafar is pretty high up there because he flies around. Did I mention I hate it when a battle takes forever for reasons that have nothing to do with my skill?
Oh, and of course, my mortal enemy: HNGH, GA, HUHU, HN. Not Clayton. Although tbh what grinds my gears more than he does is his stupid lizard. It's really easy to get Clayton to jump on that stupid cliff and just stagger him up there, but when the lizard decides to be a cheating bitch and jumps up there, too, only to fire his lasers...yeah, goodbye.
Hngh, KH1 just has way to many enemies I can't stand, it's hard to make a list.

KH2:
Crimson Jazz: They're just no fun. You can't really get combos in as soon as they start that attack where fireballs chase you. It's lame.
Dancers: Mainly because on crit, they're mostly one hits, and then you have to endure that stupid animation, KNOWING YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD. Terrible.
There's a few boss battles I don't like much, but none of them are bad enough in comparison that they deserved to be on this list.

CoM:
Only really bad thing I remember was Parasite Cage as Riku, because I picked Monstro way too early and heavily regretted it. That wasn't fun at all.

Days, of course, is an abomination, so I'm not even getting started on that.

BBS:
Hah...hahahaha.
Regular enemies: Easily Archravens. Those motherfuckers, I swear. HAHAHA I'ma fly up here and you can't reach me until I decide to dive down. Which could be now or in five minutes. I don't even know man, lol.
Bosses: Oh...The whole concept of boss fights in BBS is, of course, pretty meh due to the "no-stagger" this game has. But I think my least favorite boss of them all is Eraqus' armor. Such a terrible, terrible fight. Mysterious figure was horrible as well, but...in a different way, somehow. He's crazy OP, but Eraqus is an asshole on top. "Haha I'ma dodge your shotlock. Haha I'm basically immune to everything BUT shotlocks. Get rekt bish." Yes thank you.

Honestly I don't remember much of Re:Coded cause it's been forever since I played it (sadly), so can't really say.

3D:
Regular enemies are all okay, I think. Everything that causes stop can be kinda meh, though.
On the other hand, I don't think there's a single boss fight in 3D that I like. Ah well, Ventus maybe, but that's about it. What a terrible concept flowmotion is, smh.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Dustflier...

VodGe.gif

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
KH1: Phantom. God I hate this thing. I know how to beat it and that you have to use Stop on the clock but it's not quite that simple. I mean, the controls make it hard to attack and dodge, if you run out of MP and items you're pretty much dead. For regular enemies I don't really have anything to say, except for what people already said about Wyverns and Wizards invincibility. I also disliked some of the gimmicky secret enemies, but the one in Halloween Town was kinda cool.

KHCoM: Lol I actually struggled a lot in this game because I found it hard to get used to the mechanics at first but once I was close to the end I was basically forced to learn and the game made more sense to me. I still have nightmares of the first time I fought Vexen. And then I had to fight him again. Dammit. QAQ I also struggled with Riku Replica's 4th fight at first, but then I learnt that sleights are actually really useful. The regular enemies were kinda...boring.

KH2: The very last Xemnas fight which was a little frustrating because sometimes when I spammed triangle it wouldn't respond, which screwed me over. And then there was that red laser chamber where you had to spam both cross and triangle, and I literally had no idea at first so I had to look it up and restart the fight just because of that. Still a great fight though. Also screw Dancers. Screw them.

KHBBS: Yeeeeah I didn't like the non-stagger thing. I like the game and I do find it fun but I feel like the game is designed around abusing invincibility frames. I mean with No Heart for example. It literally never stops and it goes so fast. O-O And then there's the MF with his friggin clones and infinite combos. As for the enemies, there were some of them I didn't like. Like those bunnies, the ones with valves on their backs, and the ones that block your attacks (yes I don't remember their names, lmao).

Sadly I've never played Days or Recoded, so I'll have to pass on these two.

KH3D: Young Xehanort. This boss though. I remember the very first time I fought him. I was underleveled, my commands probably weren't that good and I didn't have Balloon, and my Dream Eaters were also not that great. He really screwed me over. XD I had to slowly whittle away at his health with what I had. I probably could have grinded more but I was honestly really impatient to see the ending so I didn't. And theeeen of course once I actually won, then I had to deal with that effing clock. And theeeeeeeen since I only managed to take half of his health, then of course I had to deal with YX turning back time so it was like I never even hurt him. I can see why people call him a troll, lmao. Also TWTNW in general had really tough enemies, so yeah.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Those blasted car enemies in the burning building level of Timeless River in KHII. I hate those sooo much.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Timeless River Car
Timeless River Hammer
Berseker
This^^^
Plus Demyx of course. And the Neverland boss in 358/2, Young Xehanort in KH3D, and of course Riku-"Kairi's inside me?!"-Ansem from KH1.

Kagayaki

Awards
I pretty much memorized the whole script before the Dark Riku battle because I had to play it so many times before I was successful.

And I hated the boss battle with Young Xehanort in KH3D because you had to start the whole thing over again if you didn’t kill him in time. I honestly think that was a bad idea to put in any game. I’m never playing KH3D on Proud Mode ever again.

Veevee

Awards
After having fought (and beat, for the first time!) No Heart in BBS, I have to say that his boss design is awful. He basically NEVER stops attacking you, be it mashing at you (which you have to block) or spamming at you (which you have to block) and if you want to attack him, he blocks, counterattacks or vanishes into the air (where you can't reach him with your shotlock AND did I mention you have to block that ****). An additional enemy is the camera in that fight, plus that attack where he stuns you or that one where he disables all your commands are a real pain in the ass. I was nearly never able to attack him, I was never able to use cure, I only relied on the cure block and the little damage this and the finisher once in a while did. And yes, I used shotlocks only when I had full HP since he doesn't stop attacking you'll take the damage anyway.

Maybe I just suck, but this was no fun. I had a much better time with Eraqus' armor, beat him on first try by blocking and spamming triple firagas whenever he didn't look.

And that armor thing with the hammer and the cage in the mirage arena, forgot its name, appears way too often anyway. AWFUL.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
After having fought (and beat, for the first time!) No Heart in BBS, I have to say that his boss design is awful. He basically NEVER stops attacking you, be it mashing at you (which you have to block) or spamming at you (which you have to block) and if you want to attack him, he blocks, counterattacks or vanishes into the air (where you can't reach him with your shotlock AND did I mention you have to block that ****). An additional enemy is the camera in that fight, plus that attack where he stuns you or that one where he disables all your commands are a real pain in the ass. I was nearly never able to attack him, I was never able to use cure, I only relied on the cure block and the little damage this and the finisher once in a while did. And yes, I used shotlocks only when I had full HP since he doesn't stop attacking you'll take the damage anyway.

Maybe I just suck, but this was no fun. I had a much better time with Eraqus' armor, beat him on first try by blocking and spamming triple firagas whenever he didn't look.

And that armor thing with the hammer and the cage in the mirage arena, forgot its name, appears way too often anyway. AWFUL.

The problem with No Heart is mostly his attack frequency. I think his general concept is alright (where I find Eraqus's Armor's terrible), but it doesn't go well with either the speed or the gameplay of BBS.

And I agree on Iron Prisoner 4. That thing sucks big time and I'm glad I'll never have to fight it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back