• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

0.2 Aqua Rolling Animation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
With Kingdom Hearts III coming next year, I decided to boot up 0.2 again and play around with the physics. I was interested in seeing how Aqua handled going up and down hills. I wanted to draw comparions to Final Fantasy XV, as Square Enix employees reportedly went on actual hikes in order to mimic realisic movement on various terrain.

After going up and down hills many times, I came across this animation for Aqua I hadn't seen in any of my playthroughs. It's a sort of roll that takes Aqua out of her sliding animation prematurely as if she slipped on a rock. I was unable to get it to happen consistently (only twice so far) and I'm still unsure what causes it to happen. Have any of you seen this happen before?

[video=youtube;X1X7yrQ76TQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1X7yrQ76TQ[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I think I know what you mean, and it also happens when jumping off of really high buildings. I actually like that there’s an impact animation

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Now that you mention it, I do remember that animation for falling from really high. I wonder what can trigger it while sliding... :confused:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Now that you mention it, I do remember that animation for falling from really high. I wonder what can trigger it while sliding... :confused:

Easy. There's a small clunky piece in the hitbox of the ground which makes the game think she's hitting flat ground, thus she rolls. It doesn't happen consistently cause it's not supposed to happen at that point, it seems like only a small piece of the ground is...well, programmed the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back