• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► What are you keeping up with in 2017?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This thread is similar to "what shows have you dropped" except it's completely the opposite. I was curious what everyone has been keeping up with this year in terms of anime, manga, tv shows, books, podcasts, youtube, and etc. :) Thought it'd be fun to share what's been keeping us busy entertainment wise. Or what you're trying to finish/catch up on before it's 2018!

Catch Up On

• Manga: Tokyo Ghoul
  • Manga: Bakuman
  • Podcast: Always Open or Rooster Teeth
  • Webtoon: I Love Yoo
  • Webtoon: Bastard
  • Anime: Attack on Titan (season two) - A huge maybe because, I haven't felt motivated to watch it. lol.
  • Manga: JoJo part 3 and onward.

Keeping Up With

• Manga: Kuroshitsuji
  • Manga: Food Wars
  • Anime: Food Wars (season three!)
  • Manga: Promised Neverland
  • Manga: My Hero Academia
  • Manga: One Punch Man
  • Manga: One Piece
  • Manga: Black Clover
  • Manga: You Never Learn
  • Manga: Dr. Stone
  • Web Series: Red vs Blue
  • Web Series: RWBY Chibi
  • Web Series: RTAA
  • Webtoon: Blue Chair
  • Webtoon: My Giant Nerd Boyfriend
  • Webtoon: Winter Moon
  • Youtube: Glitchtale
  • Youtube: Game Theory
  • Shows: Orphan Black (seasons 1-5)

I know there's a lot in terms of manga on my end that I've kept up with for a few years now. However, Webtoons have slowly started to push front and center for me to keep up with instead. So I wouldn't be shocked if I find certain things to drop to make some breathing room in my spare time. Except for Kuroshitsuji. A theory came true and it's killing me to wait each month for answers. I'll never drop this series until it ends.

So yeah! Let's hear what's on your guys list!

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Ohh I wonder what feelings making this list will cause me xD a lot of "myself you do me a disapoint" probably lol
Let's see~ I can't remember too many right now though hmm

Catching up with

• Gaming: Undertale AUs. THERE ARE TOO MANY and many are so shitty... but there are good ones so I am DETERMINED to find them! I also am determined to know all the info about them, even those I am not fond of and then I will deliver all the data to Error!Sans for him to hunt every single lazy AU down. Speaking of this, I see you are keeping up with Glitchtale - I heard several times about it, but didn't get to it yet x w x is it that good?
  • uhh............... ????
  • and aaa... now the biggest sad spot: I still didn't catch up with Tokyo Ghoul Re and lack the time to do so this year most probably. I regret it always. Someday... someday I'll get to it.

Keeping up with

• Gaming: all possible FFXV news and updates.
  • Gaming: anything KH obviously.
  • Movies: EVERYTHING MARVEL, THERE'S GONNA BE THOR TIME SOON BBY
  • Music: the new releases of Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails and The Dear Hunter.
  • Gaming: Mystic Messenger content lol
  • seems like it's not the best year for anime/manga in my laifu but it was a year fuuuuull of gaming and other experiences that made me not even feel the absense that much.... I mean, all my fav series somehow ended, you know? the Naruto series, the Kagerou Project stuff, Pandora Hearts (I followed it since 2010 or so!! all the way till the end through the years!! it's my favourite manga forever, so many tears were shed!!) and others ...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I wish I could afford to keep up with manga--I spend too much on music. And Funko pops, apparently. >.> These days I usually wait until a manga is done before I buy the whole thing (those 3-in-1 sets for Bleach/Naruto are a godsend). It doesn't really count, but I've been buying the yearly Jim Kay illustrated versions of Harry Potter. He's finally got to Prisoner of Azkaban this year.

Shows:
Digimon Adventure tri. ~ Adventure was the only season of Digimon I liked (I tried 02 and Tamers, but..... Eh...). I'm glad they did a revival of sorts with the original cast of characters. Such a shame they didn't get Matt/Yamato's original dub voice actor back though. He was always one of my favorites, and that cuts into my nostalgia somewhat. :(
Will & Grace Revival ~ Loved the original series and really enjoyed the premiere. It's already been renewed for a 2nd season, so thankfully I have something to watch these next two years. I'll check out the Roseanne revival, too, but I'm not expecting much out of that one...
The Voice ~ I'm not a big fan of this show. The only reason I watch is if I like one of the celebs they bring on, like Christina back when it started (or Usher later on). Unfortunately they locked me with Jennifer Hudson + Miley, but I'm especially looking forward to Kelly Clarkson in the Spring.
Once Upon a Time -- I thought I'd stick it out through the last season. Until they announced Zelena/Rebecca Mader was returning for S7 after all, I had almost no interest at all.
A Place to Call Home ~ Series 4 was so good. It's been my little soap opera fulfillment since Downton Abbey went off the air.
Call the Midwife ~ I got into this over the summer via Netflix. It's a fun, quaint little show.
Tangled the Series ~ This show's really softened me towards the film, which I really didn't expect. I find the characters a little less annoying here, and I like most of the show-invented characters so far.
DuckTales (Reboot) ~ I'm really fond of the original, so I didn't think I'd enjoy all the changes. Some of the voices still irk me, but the show seems good so far.
A Series of Unfortunate Events ~ I watched 'The Bad Beginning,' but need to catch up on the rest.

I'm watching The Good Doctor and SEAL Team for the moment because of the Bates Motel actors (Highmore, Thierot)... I'm not sure if I'll keep up with them the whole season though. I was excited about AHS: Cult even though I did not care for Roanoke, but the first episode really let me down; a boring woman-is-terrorized-but-everyone-thinks-she's-crazy storyline is not what I wanted. There are a couple other shows not happening this Fall that I'm still following (Game of Thrones's final season, Sherlock, etc.).

I need to catch up on Black Butler's latest season and watch Sailor Moon Crystal at some point.... The SM DVD sets are way too overpriced for me to buy, so I'll have to find time to watch it via Hulu. I tried out Hunter x Hunter when it started on Toonami because I love YuYu Hakusho by the same author/artist, but it left me cold, tbh. I tried Attack On Titan one night when there was a marathon; I liked it, similar vibe to FMA: Brotherhood. I haven't kept up with it because I imagine it's better watched altogether once it's finished (whenever that will be). Steven Universe is another show I'm way behind on.

Edit: If we're talking about music and misc. things, the only artists I follow releasing in what's left of 2017 (that I know of) are Kelly Clarkson and Sam Smith. I bought Neon Trees' last two albums just the other day to catch up (since I loved their debut and for some reason kept putting off picking up their follow-ups) + pre-ordered Pink's newest. Hopefully Kacey Musgraves, Troye Sivan, Alessia, etc. will have something new next year. Also I've been keeping up with Disney's Legacy Collection soundtrack release--Robin Hood was last month, and Beauty and the Beast is apparently coming later in the year. I know I need to get OBC recordings for Hello Dolly (with Midler), Anastasia, and eventually Frozen. As far as Funko: I really just need to get the KH line, Sailor Moon's second wave, the TRON pop, + Snow White and the Witch POPs. I believe there's a Yzma POP coming, but I doubt it'll be out before the new year. SM is really the only thing I've branched out from Disney with them because I already give them too much $$$. :/

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This is what I'm keeping/catching up with. Don't expect too much lol.

Keeping up with:
Anime: One Piece
Show: South Park (kinda)
Game: FFXV

Catching up with:
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
The Defenders
Anime: Beserk

Peace

Awards
Keeping up with:
  • Anime/Manga: My Hero Academia
  • Digimon Adventure Tri
  • Most of Rooster Teeth's animated works
  • Rurouni Kenshin's Hokaido Arc
  • Manga/Anime: JoJo (Though I want to go back and binge on Part 4, but I keep putting off getting a Crunchyroll account so I don't have to deal with the same four ads every commercial break)
  • Anime: Dragon Ball Super (Need to read the manga some more)
  • Game Theory
  • Rick and Morty (just got caught up with)
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil
  • Steven Universe
  • Podcast: The Adventure Zone (on a re-listen)

Catching up with:
  • One Piece (through the anime, though I should read the manga)
  • Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (got through the first volume of DVDs, need to buy more but $)
  • Hunter x Hunter [2011] (only keeping up with the dub)

Rewatching:
  • Anything Rurouni Kenshin-related
  • TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise (Especially since the game got funded)

This is all I can think of at the moment. Also:

Such a shame they didn't get Matt/Yamato's original dub voice actor back though. He was always one of my favorites, and that cuts into my nostalgia somewhat. :(

I know! It's so weird hearing Vic Mignogna come out of Matt's mouth.

Last edited:

Veevee

Awards
This thread is similar to "what shows have you dropped" except it's completely the opposite. I was curious what everyone has been keeping up with this year in terms of anime, manga, tv shows, books, podcasts, youtube, and etc. :) Thought it'd be fun to share what's been keeping us busy entertainment wise. Or what you're trying to finish/catch up on before it's 2018!

Keeping Up With

• Manga: Kuroshitsuji
  • Manga: Food Wars
  • Anime: Food Wars (season three!)
  • Manga: Promised Neverland
  • Manga: My Hero Academia
  • Manga: One Punch Man
  • Manga: One Piece
  • Manga: Black Clover
  • Manga: You Never Learn
  • Manga: Dr. Stone
  • Web Series: Red vs Blue
  • Web Series: RWBY Chibi
  • Web Series: RTAA
  • Webtoon: Blue Chair
  • Webtoon: My Giant Nerd Boyfriend
  • Webtoon: Winter Moon
  • Youtube: Glitchtale
  • Youtube: Game Theory
  • Shows: Orphan Black (seasons 1-5)

So yeah! Let's hear what's on your guys list!

A fellow "my giant nerd boyfriend fan"! =D Fishball is the best. xD

Keeping up with ...

Anime: Dragonball Super (it's overall pretty bad, but I have fun with it, so who cares)
Attack on Titan (as soon as S3 comes out)
Digimon Tri (it pains me too watch it because it has SO MANY mistakes and flaws, but I'm in too deep now u.u)

Will catch up to:
Phoenix Wright anime (someday, lol)
Code Geass S2 (only 5 episodes left ... I can do this ...)

Hoping for:
- Stein's Gate 0 to finally come out so that I don't have to "play" the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back