• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cosplay and costume thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I've never really looked up cosplays much, but usually, you can also find a lot of good stuff on pinterest.

Kagayaki

Awards
I have personally never heard of them so I couldn't tell you I'm afraid.
Comparison:

Cosrea: https://www.cosrea.com/collections/...ssic-blue-with-matching-cloak-cosplay-costume

Little-Angel-Secret: P940 COSPLAY pink blue Dress Princess sleeping beauty Costume Aurora women

When should I start planning if my deadline is next August?

Oh yeah, my commissioner finally emailed me back. It might be finished by Halloween. I still haven't bought the Gaia wig yet. I could have just got a regular Miku wig, but I hate pigtail wigs that don't have a part in the center.

Last edited:

Stevie Goodwin

Sora's outfit from the first game is honestly a harder one because of how wonky it looks in real life. Like honestly I've only once seen a good Sora KH1 cosplay... The one piece zipper suit is mainly to blame with the big poofy umbrella shorts tbh.

I'd definitely do more research on websites to buy cosplay off of because some random guy on ebay also could scam the shit out of you.

As for your plan here... Cutting and modifying is a great way to make cheap cosplays for sure! However, you have to make sure that you're hemming up what you cut, otherwise you're a fraying mess because many of the fabrics used in say, commercial plain red t-shirts for example... they aren't meant to be cut up. Many fabrics will fall the heck apart the second you look at them the wrong way with scissors in your hands. So keep that in mind.

As a first time cosplayer, it's also important to do A LOT OF RESEARCH ON THIS. Try to look up tutorials on how to make the costume [I know there are plenty of cosplayers that run blogs on this method] for Sora specifically, see what they did. Many of them will have tutorials whether youtube vid or blogs.

Kingdom Hearts is NOT an easy thing to cosplay at all and I wish you the very best on your cosplay journey. If you also need any advice on wig choices, I know a Sora cosplayer that probably would give me what she did, but essentially it's a lot of glue and crying and more glue and patience.
So what's her name so i can find her?

sarahjanney

Comparison

Cosmanles:
https://www.cosmanles.com/disney.html

I found Cosmanles store occasionally. I bought this costumes from cosmanles. I was very satisfied when I received them. Fantastic! Whenever I want to buy something about cosplay costumes, I'll come to cosmanles. Their cosplay costumes are so nice!

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I've cosplayed a bunch! Including one of the very first KH3 Sora cosplays (as soon as they showed the designs I bought materials and had it finished for a con in September that year). I'm mediocre but I enjoy it a lot!

Keiko-Grey

I'll add my own to the list. Until now, I have done a few cosplays (not all Kingdom Hearts, only one of them in fact, most are from Lord of the Rings) :

-Zexion
-Gandalf (Gray and White versions)
-Ringwraith (Nazgûl)

And the one I'm working on now is supposed to be secret, until the day comes, but heck, I'm new here, so what gives... I'll be cosplaying Koumajou Densetsu Sakuya Izayoi for this Halloween, and I'm so very excited for it, more than anything because it's the first time I'll be crosdressing.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
My first technical cosplay I ever wore was a really bad Claire Redfield one year for Halloween and Android 18 the next. I didn't know much about cosplay then so they were really poorly done lol. I never went to conventions either because I didn't have the confidence level for it. It wasn't until I was in my late 20s that I gave it a try. Mind you, I'm not good at sewing or making things so most of my stuff was commissioned. If it was something that could be easily rendered with store bought products and modified then I was good at doing it myself.

My Completed List

Some of these I have not gotten the opportunity to wear but I'm hoping to someday.

Resident Evil

- Jill Valentine (Remake STARS)
- Jill Valentine (Remake Sarah Connor military fatigues)
- Jill Valentine (RE3)
- Jill Valentine (BSAA)
- Bertha (Operation Raccoon City)

Kingdom Hearts

- Aqua

Haunting Ground

- Daniella

Night in the Woods

- Mae

Dynasty Warriors

- Zhen Ji (DW8)

Samurai Warriors

- Lady Noh (SW1 Alternate costume)
- Lady Noh (SW2)
- Lady Noh (SW3)

DC Comics

- Talia al Ghul

Work in Progress

- Jill Valentine (RE3 Remake update)
- Ethan Winters (RE7)
- Huntress (Dead by Daylight)
- Larxene

Cosplay Wish List

- Quorra (Tron Legacy)
- Dark Aqua
- Lady (Devil May Cry 5)
- Maleficent (OG cartoon version)
- Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)
- Lady Noh (Samurai Warriors 4)

Soldier

Awards
My first technical cosplay I ever wore was a really bad Claire Redfield one year for Halloween and Android 18 the next. I didn't know much about cosplay then so they were really poorly done lol. I never went to conventions either because I didn't have the confidence level for it. It wasn't until I was in my late 20s that I gave it a try. Mind you, I'm not good at sewing or making things so most of my stuff was commissioned. If it was something that could be easily rendered with store bought products and modified then I was good at doing it myself.

My Completed List

Some of these I have not gotten the opportunity to wear but I'm hoping to someday.

Resident Evil

- Jill Valentine (Remake STARS)
- Jill Valentine (Remake Sarah Connor military fatigues)
- Jill Valentine (RE3)
- Jill Valentine (BSAA)
- Bertha (Operation Raccoon City)

Kingdom Hearts

- Aqua

Haunting Ground

- Daniella

Night in the Woods

- Mae

Dynasty Warriors

- Zhen Ji (DW8)

Samurai Warriors

- Lady Noh (SW1 Alternate costume)
- Lady Noh (SW2)
- Lady Noh (SW3)

DC Comics

- Talia al Ghul

Work in Progress

- Jill Valentine (RE3 Remake update)
- Ethan Winters (RE7)
- Huntress (Dead by Daylight)
- Larxene

Cosplay Wish List

- Quorra (Tron Legacy)
- Dark Aqua
- Lady (Devil May Cry 5)
- Maleficent (OG cartoon version)
- Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)
- Lady Noh (Samurai Warriors 4)
Boy, you really must've enjoyed cosplaying as Lady Noh (wonder if you'll do the pokemon conquest version).
As for myself, I'm not skilled with the needle and thread, so what I've done isn't really exceptional by any means (and by that, I mean most of the stuff I've worn is essentially just already made).
Let's see,
Cloud in his KH1 Incarnation, the cape was easily the best part of the cosplay, though the pauldron (which was manufactured out of a plastic knight's helmet with bolts screwed into it) kept falling off my shoulder. Didn't think to purchase a spiky wig figuring my auburn hair was long enough to dye and spike with gel (I thought wrong). oh, and the leg covering that he has on his right leg kept leaving behind little paint flakes because of the cheap paint I used, oops.

Sora's KH 2 Incarnation: Purchased as a Halloween costume from spirit of Halloween. Officially licensed by Disney and boy did it show. The pants were ridiculously baggy to the point that it looked like I had a ball between my legs and waddled everywhere (also, they had no pockets, the iconic red pouches looked more..... controversial than anything else). The "Shoes" were just these fake felt coverings that you're supposed to put over your real shoes, which conveniently didn't fit any shoes that I had to begin with. And to top it all off, there was no zipper for the jacket, it was just fake mesh. Probably would've been cheaper to just put a real zipper on there.

(I probably wasn't supposed to use this thread to bellyache about my poor cosplaying decisions, woops).

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Boy, you really must've enjoyed cosplaying as Lady Noh (wonder if you'll do the pokemon conquest version).
As for myself, I'm not skilled with the needle and thread, so what I've done isn't really exceptional by any means (and by that, I mean most of the stuff I've worn is essentially just already made).
Let's see,
Cloud in his KH1 Incarnation, the cape was easily the best part of the cosplay, though the pauldron (which was manufactured out of a plastic knight's helmet with bolts screwed into it) kept falling off my shoulder. Didn't think to purchase a spiky wig figuring my auburn hair was long enough to dye and spike with gel (I thought wrong). oh, and the leg covering that he has on his right leg kept leaving behind little paint flakes because of the cheap paint I used, oops.

Sora's KH 2 Incarnation: Purchased as a Halloween costume from spirit of Halloween. Officially licensed by Disney and boy did it show. The pants were ridiculously baggy to the point that it looked like I had a ball between my legs and waddled everywhere (also, they had no pockets, the iconic red pouches looked more..... controversial than anything else). The "Shoes" were just these fake felt coverings that you're supposed to put over your real shoes, which conveniently didn't fit any shoes that I had to begin with. And to top it all off, there was no zipper for the jacket, it was just fake mesh. Probably would've been cheaper to just put a real zipper on there.

(I probably wasn't supposed to use this thread to bellyache about my poor cosplaying decisions, woops).

Oh yeah, Noh is super fun! Extremely time consuming to put on though lol. Her leg snake wrap is what took me the longest because it had to be taped on lol. Her base Pokemon Conquest costume and the SW3 outfit are actually the same. I got a bunch of Pokemon fans to recognize her which really surprised me. I didn't think anyone would really know the character lol. I do want to try the witch outfit variant at some point. It's really cute!

Haha no worries, we've all been there. My original costume for Jill Valentine came from an import site off of Ebay. The seams came starting coming undone after my very first time wearing it. The lettering on the back of the shirt was glued on wrong and peeled off. And the shoulder pads lol. They were so oversized I looked like a football player lol. I tossed it only after one convention because it ended up being unfixable. I ended up sticking with commissioners in the states from that point. I was lucky enough to have two different people do several of my costumes.

Oh man, all those pockets Sora has and they didn't have atleast one built into the cosplay? Disney be like "naw, you don't get none with this outfit!" Seriously, it can be frustrating to go around in a costume with no pockets. You could carry a bag but sometimes it interferes with the cosplay on your shoulders or back.

Shoes have to another hard aspect of cosplay, whether it's a matter of matching the color, having a special cover or even shoe type. I've been there too with the boot cover things. Mine always slid off because you really couldn't keep it in place while walking.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I've only done a couple cosplays so far, one was Green in her original design from Pokemon RBY (the beta design that was scrapped but used in Pokemon Special) and the Tamako-DEATH enemy from Bloodstained.

Looking to do more complex ones though.

Soldier

Awards
Oh yeah, Noh is super fun! Extremely time consuming to put on though lol. Her leg snake wrap is what took me the longest because it had to be taped on lol. Her base Pokemon Conquest costume and the SW3 outfit are actually the same. I got a bunch of Pokemon fans to recognize her which really surprised me. I didn't think anyone would really know the character lol. I do want to try the witch outfit variant at some point. It's really cute!

Haha no worries, we've all been there. My original costume for Jill Valentine came from an import site off of Ebay. The seams came starting coming undone after my very first time wearing it. The lettering on the back of the shirt was glued on wrong and peeled off. And the shoulder pads lol. They were so oversized I looked like a football player lol. I tossed it only after one convention because it ended up being unfixable. I ended up sticking with commissioners in the states from that point. I was lucky enough to have two different people do several of my costumes.

Oh man, all those pockets Sora has and they didn't have atleast one built into the cosplay? Disney be like "naw, you don't get none with this outfit!" Seriously, it can be frustrating to go around in a costume with no pockets. You could carry a bag but sometimes it interferes with the cosplay on your shoulders or back.

Shoes have to another hard aspect of cosplay, whether it's a matter of matching the color, having a special cover or even shoe type. I've been there too with the boot cover things. Mine always slid off because you really couldn't keep it in place while walking.
Surprisingly, Not a lot of people remember Conquest at all, it's a shame too, I see it as one of the best DS games, and it's what got me interested in the warriors style gameplay to begin with (since then, I've tried the one piece, Zelda, and Fire emblem warrior games, all good to play through, tough to complete). It's even more depressing on the warriors side, because there are a lot of good characters that would look great, like Ujiyasu that are just nonexistent at cons. How did you manage to do the snake wrap? take a rubber hose and tape it up?
Yeah, for Sora I had to just keep my phone and wallet in my bag, because I couldn't store it anywhere else. They couldn't at least make the front area of the shirt (which wasn't so much a undershirt as it was a black t shirt with a red design sloppily sewed on) into a pouch or something? It'd look ridiculous, but at least I could carry things.

The shoe covers honestly had to be one of the worst aspects of the suit to begin with. I was afraid to even wear them because they looked so cheap that if I wore them all day, the band underneath would've given way.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
I've only done a couple cosplays so far, one was Green in her original design from Pokemon RBY (the beta design that was scrapped but used in Pokemon Special) and the Tamako-DEATH enemy from Bloodstained.

Looking to do more complex ones though.

Aww I hope you get a chance to soon! Did you get to use an awesome guitar prop with the Bloodstained character? I know some cons are kind of cracking down on using certain props but it would be fun to have one for that.

Surprisingly, Not a lot of people remember Conquest at all, it's a shame too, I see it as one of the best DS games, and it's what got me interested in the warriors style gameplay to begin with (since then, I've tried the one piece, Zelda, and Fire emblem warrior games, all good to play through, tough to complete). It's even more depressing on the warriors side, because there are a lot of good characters that would look great, like Ujiyasu that are just nonexistent at cons. How did you manage to do the snake wrap? take a rubber hose and tape it up?
Yeah, for Sora I had to just keep my phone and wallet in my bag, because I couldn't store it anywhere else. They couldn't at least make the front area of the shirt (which wasn't so much a undershirt as it was a black t shirt with a red design sloppily sewed on) into a pouch or something? It'd look ridiculous, but at least I could carry things.

The shoe covers honestly had to be one of the worst aspects of the suit to begin with. I was afraid to even wear them because they looked so cheap that if I wore them all day, the band underneath would've given way.

Conquest is the only Pokemon game I admit I've ever played lol. I really did enjoy it especially because I love the Samurai Warriors cast. I wish more people were into the various Warriors series too because the costumes are really beautiful. I could understand the intricacy being a problem though. Like Ujiyasu for example, his shoulder and leg armor alone would probably drive someone nuts unless they're really good at that stuff lol.

It sounds like there wasn't even enough extra material to sew a makesift pocket into the shirt or waistband for yourself. Bunch of cheapies they be. It's like they think you have a magical storage space like Sora does for all his keychains lol.

Soldier

Awards
Aww I hope you get a chance to soon! Did you get to use an awesome guitar prop with the Bloodstained character? I know some cons are kind of cracking down on using certain props but it would be fun to have one for that.

Conquest is the only Pokemon game I admit I've ever played lol. I really did enjoy it especially because I love the Samurai Warriors cast. I wish more people were into the various Warriors series too because the costumes are really beautiful. I could understand the intricacy being a problem though. Like Ujiyasu for example, his shoulder and leg armor alone would probably drive someone nuts unless they're really good at that stuff lol.

It sounds like there wasn't even enough extra material to sew a makesift pocket into the shirt or waistband for yourself. Bunch of cheapies they be. It's like they think you have a magical storage space like Sora does for all his keychains lol.
To be honest, If i had the kind of magical hammer space that Sora has (considering the party has shields, staves, ENTIRE CAMPING SETS at their disposal) I'd be pretty much set for life. After all, It wouldn't have to be on my person. Alas, That was a day where I couldn't even carry my phone or wallet around with ease. Good thing I decided to just wear snowpants for the Cloud costume, at least then it was easier to put up with.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Does anyone know how to properly maintain really long wigs to stop them from ending up in knots and looking a mess after having them for a while because I know a normal hair brush would just tear the hair out I heard there is products for keeping them in good condition, but I don’t know what they are as I have only ever cosplayed characters with short hair so I never needed to know before now. As I’m wanting to do a Strelitzia cosplay in the future but there no point in buying the wig if I can’t properly maintain it, Honestly it’s the reason I prefer to stick to shorter wigs for cosplay as there so much easier to maintain in my opinion.

Back