• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking forward to...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaplen14

What are some events coming up that might include another trailer or interview?
It's said that all worlds will progressively be revealed towards the release...
Is that good? Or...bad really?

Rii

Awards
I don't think there's been any confirmation thusfar on where we'll see KH3 next, but my money is on Tokyo Game Show which runs September 21-24. After that I'm expecting Jump Festa, which is mid-December.

I think it's fine that they're planning on revealing all of the worlds before the game is released. With every game so far, I have gone in knowing what worlds to expect, and I've never felt robbed. But this time, I am planning on backing out a little closer to release, so that I have a few surprise worlds in store for me. It's neither good nor bad, honestly. It really depends on whether or not you want to know all the worlds.

Soldier

Awards
What are some events coming up that might include another trailer or interview?
Oh its bad, really bad. We all remember how there were no surprises with KHDDD's world's, with kh3 it's going to be the same thing. It's like playing a game of poker but you can see everyone's cards, there is no element of surprise.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I never found world reveals something to keep in the dark. It's something that i find adds more excitement knowing beforehand.

Like i wouldn't nearly be as excited for KH3 if i didn't know Tangled or Hercules was in.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i wanna see a couple solid minutes of bh6

thats all

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Oh its bad, really bad. We all remember how there were no surprises with KHDDD's world's, with kh3 it's going to be the same thing. .

It has been like that for every single Kingdom Hearts game, there have never been surprise worlds.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

It's whatever you decide it is.
For me it's bad, I never knew all the worlds of a KH game beforehand and it added on to my experience.
So I'll do like some suggested me, wait for the exact release date and then cut off all contact till the game is here.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
its sort of a silly thing to complain about, knowing what the worlds are tbh. knowing where you're going to be playing gives you more of an idea what to expect. not to mention you know basically every world you're going to before you land the gummi ship

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
its sort of a silly thing to complain about, knowing what the worlds are tbh. knowing where you're going to be playing gives you more of an idea what to expect. not to mention you know basically every world you're going to before you land the gummi ship

Tbh it's a completely personal preference.
I don't think it can be decided wether it's good or not: some people want the surprise, others don't. Knowing where I'm going beforehand isn't necessarily a good thing.
I saw Symphony of Sorcery's miniature model before diving to it, and I didn't know the world was going to be the way it was.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Tbh it's a completely personal preference.
I don't think it can be decided wether it's good or not: some people want the surprise, others don't. Knowing where I'm going beforehand isn't necessarily a good thing.
I saw Symphony of Sorcery's miniature model before diving to it, and I didn't know the world was going to be the way it was.
Totally this.

I'm also not a fan of completely knowing which worlds I'll be visiting, especially original worlds. As a child I never knew which worlds KH2 would have, and it was always a surprise. Just seeing the little world icon of Beast's Castle made me happy and excited, I don't think I would've had the same reaction, more like "oh, it's the Beauty & the Beast world!", instead of "Whoaaa, a Beauty and the Beast world?! I wonder how it'll be!"

It's just not as exciting for me-

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Knowing what Disney worlds will be in the game isn't a negative to me. Before playing each entry I new what worlds would be in the game and it didn't detract from the fun. If anything it helped that I didn't set expectations for what could possibily be in the game only to be dissapointed. I definitely wouldn't want a definitive list of all original worlds both old and new.

The Disney stuff that's been in-game surprises to me
KH1
-Chernabog
- Rock and Ice Titan
- The Princesses of Heart
- Summons

KH2
- Chicken Little and Peter Pan summons

DDD
-Julius

The only stuff I consider spoilery for KH3 is revealing the unknown remaining Seekers of Darkness, scenes of Aqua, Ventus, Roxas etc being saved and a too much of the final battle. As soon as they start showing stuff like that, I'd probably exile myself from the marketing. I remember the good old days when I wasn't sensitive to spoiler marketing otherwise in hindsight I would've raged at some of the trailers for BBS and DDD.

[video=youtube;cCxHjrjQTaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCxHjrjQTaI&index=5&list=PLHZjoKdftfiEqNZQNLFCsNaWVJiZ0l_66&t=1s[/video]

[video=youtube;rAPBAm1GkHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAPBAm1GkHE&list=PLHZjoKdftfiFzCfOZ7zuMEUVYYFEl1roi&index=4[/video]

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I mean if I could choose I would prefer not to know any of the worlds. In fact, I'd like to know pretty much nothing about the whole game and go in completely blind. But of course I don't have to willpower to avoid spoilers that much. If at all. Luckily it doesn't really bother me too much that we'll see all the worlds before playing, I don't think it's a good thing, but it's not bad enough to actually ruin anything for me. It is what it is. But yeah, in an ideal world I'd know 0 spoilers and everything would be new.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Part of KH advertisement has always been "Hey, look at all these Disney movies!" It's part of the appeal, yo!

To me, what matters is just how much of what happens in each world is shown pre-launch. And so far, they seem to actually be doing a good job. Putting exploring the worlds in the forefront and only giving small pieces of each worlds storyline and the overall plot. The Toy Story reveal being the first Disney (technically Pixar, but ya know) world to give Sora some real cutscene screentime. Before this, the only cutscenes clips shown were of a Disney world one with Maleficent and Pete talking with Hades, and an original world one that was 90% Xemnas.

redcrown

Awards
The inevitable criticism and nitpicks I'll have afterwards.

And Flynn Rider

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
idk, I already got a release year and I already know I'm going to buy the game, so I'm not watching any more trailers. I won't necessarily avoid world reveals, since they'll inevitably show up in my social media feeds, but I'm all good with watching footage and reading interviews and stuff.

wwinterj

At this point all I care about is a release date and we will get that next year. On that note I don't expect to see any more of Kingdom Hearts 3 this year.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
(...) and an original world one that was 90% Xemnas.

Hey, not that I can complain or something
tumblr_n26isa6EjG1rfmdfoo4_250.gif

I look forward to how hot all the characters will look with the new visuals ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
shamelessly admitting it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back