• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About Xemnas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

non3

If Xehanort has a keyblade, and Xemnas is Xehanort's nobody, shouldn't Xemnas be able to wield a keyblade? (Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place)

D

Deleted member 246005

I think he could but he didnt because he wanted to keep up appearances.

Awards
Yeah dude, this is probably the biggest plothole in Kh history.

I'm pretty sure Nomura said in an interview that Xemnas can wield a Keyblade but chose not to, which means that there was no reason for the events of KH2 or Days to even happen.

Org. 13's goal is to form Kingdom Hearts by using the keyblade to kill heartless and release their captive hearts. If Xemnas has a keyblade AND he can call the heartless at will..... Then what's the point of using Sora, Roxas and Xion at all?

The light sabers are cool tho lol

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Because Ansem couldn't.

Roxas was only able to wield the Kingdom Key through his connection with Sora, specifically, his heart. The heart and it's condition are what makes wielding a Keyblade possible. As long as Sora is able to wield, so can Roxas. This same rule applies with Ansem and Xemnas. To quote Riku in Dream Drop Distance: "Ansem. Or...Xehanort. You used to be a Keyblade wielder. But darkness stole your heart, and the Keyblade with it."

So Ansem becoming a Heartless is what resulted in him, and in turn Xemnas, losing the ability to wield a Keyblade.

I'm pretty sure Nomura said in an interview that Xemnas can wield a Keyblade but chose not to, which means that there was no reason for the events of KH2 or Days to even happen.
All he said in that really old Ultimania interview was that he wanted it left as a mystery, and just mentioned it's a possibility Xemnas chose not to.

Quote from the BBS Ultimania:

-- Roxas, the "Sora + Ventus" Nobody, was able to use a Keyblade. In contrast Xemnas, the "Terra + Master Xehanort" Nobody, wasn't able to use a Keyblade. Why is this?

Nomura: I'd rather that point remain a mystery. It's possible that he intentionally wasn't using one.

But now that Master Xehanort is out and about, there's a chance Ansem and Xemnas might be able to wield using their connection with him.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
At this point I've become rather indifferent to him having one or not, but I'm still so damn curious about what Nomura was trying to get at with that statement.

I mean, even if in KH III he has one I doubt he'll start a detailed explanation about it (he could, actually)

non3

Just found out that the armor Xemnas wears is actually Keyblade Armor.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Would've loved if Xenmas had been a boss in 0.2. Like he had a keyblade but Aqua locked his heart up or something so he'd had lost the ability.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Just found out that the armor Xemnas wears is actually Keyblade Armor.

Yup. The armor he's wearing is Master Xehanort's Keyblade armor, you can battle it in Birth By Sleep's Final Mix.

If Xemnas didn't have a Keyblade, it's because his counterpart Xehanort lost his ability (and since this is the most recent word on the subject, I'm inclined to believe this is the answer). If he did have a Keyblade, he probably didn't use it so that the other members weren't suspicious that he had a heart.

Though, him not having a Keyblade explains why he wanted to create the false Kingdom Hearts, since he wouldn't have been able to implant his heart in the other members otherwise.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Where was Master Xehanort all throughout the events of Kingdom Hearts 2? Xemnas not having a heart would explain the fake Kingdom Hearts and Roxas and Xion being manipulated to gather Heartless. If Xemnas did grow a heart, would he necessary inherit Xemnas' keyblade had he not been destroyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back