• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you a smoker or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Midori

Awards
I'm a non-smoker. I'm not fond of it, but others can do what they want (As long as they don't put others at risk of second-hand). I really hate it when my roommate smokes in the apartment.

Ultima Spark

No because why, that's disgusting. There are better ways to handle stress and anxiety that don't involve harming you or the people around you, like chewing gum.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I started smoking at essentially the start of middle school, sparingly though, as I couldn't easily obtain them. It wasn't until I was in college that I realized my smoking had escalated to almost a pack a day. That and I basically couldn't run for jack without getting winded instantaneously. So, when I was 21, I quit cigs (and sodas as an added bonus) cold turkey. You can definitely do it on your own, so don't get discouraged or let someone tell you otherwise. There are plenty of options.

I have had a few cigars here and there over the years, but nothing habitual.

Ventus_

Awards
Absolutely not and never will.

I don't find the idea of inhaling poison appealing and am fortunate to not already have asthma or lung cancer from growing up around a fair amount of second-hand smoke. My parents, three uncles (two on my mom's side one on my dad's), an aunt, a great-aunt were all smokers.

I now live with one of those uncles and while he only smokes in the backyard, if I need go to into the garage for something such as to do laundry (the way to the backyard is through the garage), I will catch the smell.

Gah, I can't stand the smell. If I have to bypass someone smoking on the streets I hold my breath.

LightWithin

Awards
No I don't find it appealing and its bad for you. I know so many of my friends that do and just hope to god that they stop.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm trying to significantly cutback now that university is finished. For starters, the 20 pack rule has come into place, so I can never buy just 10 packs now. Buying a 20 pack means more cigarettes and more unwillingness to let those go to waste. I've had a pack since Friday night that I still have a few cigarettes left. And the week before I just used another 20 pack through the week. So since they're lasting me a week, as opposed to finishing 10 packs every day, I feel I've made progress towards quitting.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I don't get why some people that have spent almost their entire lives smoking, have never gotten lung cancer. However, people that have never smoked or never been around anyone that smokes, gets lung cancer.

moonstar_xo

Both of my parents smoke (my mom is a particularly heavy smoker), so I feel like that's done a good job of turning me off from cigarettes. They're both pretty addicted, actually, and have tried quitting multiple times and failed, so I'm kind of scared that it runs in the family, so I avoid it.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Both of my parents smoke (my mom is a particularly heavy smoker), so I feel like that's done a good job of turning me off from cigarettes. They're both pretty addicted, actually, and have tried quitting multiple times and failed, so I'm kind of scared that it runs in the family, so I avoid it.
Yeah, it really sucks! I still have bad memories regarding my stepdad and his smoking addiction. My mom's parents would be courteous and smoke outside and get rid of their cigarettes outside before coming in. However, my stepdad, who they hated would do the opposite and get onto anyone that dared criticize his smoking.

moonstar_xo

Yeah, it really sucks! I still have bad memories regarding my stepdad and his smoking addiction. My mom's parents would be courteous and smoke outside and get rid of their cigarettes outside before coming in. However, my stepdad, who they hated would do the opposite and get onto anyone that dared criticize his smoking.

Yeah, my mom smokes in the house all the time, even though we ask her not to. She even gets mad about us asking to at least open a window. It's so annoying. I wouldn't mind her smoking at all if she did it outside.

Soldier

Awards
Me personally, I have never touched a cigarette/cigar and never plan to. My father smokes and I can say with certainty that it is a NASTY habit, especially for someone with heightened senses like myself. However, I have noticed that whenever he/anyone smokes and I'm in the general vicinity, the wind shifts and blows it in my direction, it's a little ominous...

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Me personally, I have never touched a cigarette/cigar and never plan to. My father smokes and I can say with certainty that it is a NASTY habit, especially for someone with heightened senses like myself. However, I have noticed that whenever he/anyone smokes and I'm in the general vicinity, the wind shifts and blows it in my direction, it's a little ominous...
You might want to invest in a gas mask. Of course, I got rightfully chastised for it since he couldn't help his addiction and I was the little brat that liked sneaking sips from his and mom's Mountain Dew and Pepsi bottles. I am getting off topic, but the point is that I shouldn't criticize his smoking habit when I have my own manipulative habit.

Soldier

Awards
You might want to invest in a gas mask. Of course, I got rightfully chastised for it since he couldn't help his addiction and I was the little brat that liked sneaking sips from his and mom's Mountain Dew and Pepsi bottles. I am getting off topic, but the point is that I shouldn't criticize his smoking habit when I have my own manipulative habit.
Huh, haven't thought about that, most of the time I just hold my breath when entering area and only breathe after passing. Now that you mention it, a gas mask might be a good investment.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Not a smoker, but there are some occasions when I do like twice...thrice a year, with a friend I feel well and relaxed with. We're classmates at the art uni so it all gets very artistic and melancholic when we find a rainy day and thoughts to share.
So there are some irrational smokers and some elegant smokers, depends on how they deal with this habit.
Not planning to become a smoker tho cuz it's hella expensive, actually not good for my health and singing voice, my mouth would stink forever haha just like my ex's and enough other reasons.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I smoked one cig in my entire life and found it disgusting. The good thing is that I never got into social smoking so it never became an addictive habit.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So for the past month I've been tracking how much I smoke each day. Lowest I think has been 5 cigs, average is about 8. Highest was like, maybe 10 or 11 cigs.

@w@ at least i'm holding myself accountable!

I just wanna try to lessen the amount if I can to 5 a day. I think I'd feel better.

Back