• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Full Famitsu interview with Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
— Counting the number of Seekers of Darkness and Guardians of Light, just that number is a crazy amount...Nomura: Yeah, and I have to solve all the problems that each of those characters have been carrying on their backs this whole time (wry laugh). There’s also every member of the old Organization XIII...
Yaay, this makes me happy. So we do indeed get to see more of the old Organization!

Xagzan

Awards
Additionally, I can’t just let each character speak one line and just be done with.

I'm glad of that, hope it truly applies across the board. This way, maybe we can finally learn more about Larxene and Marluxia's motives.

Speaking of lines, I hope Kairi's are done by Hayden. I heard she wasn't in 0.2, and as it's the most recent game, that's discouraging. I'd be sad if she doesn't return for 3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So let me get this straight, we have the fifth leader, another original character, and another character in a black hood? man, this really is the Forteller gang re-created.

And I'm glad to see that even Nomura's aware of how large he has made the Kingdom Hearts cast.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Additionally, I can’t just let each character speak one line and just be done with.

I'm glad of that, hope it truly applies across the board. This way, maybe we can finally learn more about Larxene and Marluxia's motives.

Speaking of lines, I hope Kairi's are done by Hayden. I heard she wasn't in 0.2, and as it's the most recent game, that's discouraging. I'd be sad if she doesn't return for 3.
I wouldn't be worried. Besides BBS, Hayden never spoke Kairi in minor roles.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i swear i can remember that some reporters were saying they saw presence of green aliens or something coming from KH trailer or something in 2013

I remember hearing something along those lines at one of the D23 Expo Japan fan events. It was at some venue where we couldn't verify if the info was legit or not because everyone was too excited.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yaay, this makes me happy. So we do indeed get to see more of the old Organization!

Don't get too high hopes on this one though as while this unmistakenly shows that Nomura has them in mind it doesn't mean the coverage specifically on the more obscure members of the old Org will be very detailed or in-depth.

I can see the former apprentices of Ansem the Wise gain roles of similar importance to Leon and the gang though. Maybe the issues with them feeding people to the Heartless and destroying Radiant Garden will even be addressed and not swept under the rug like it was a minor inconvenience.

Nomura said:
— With all that quality content being packed into each world, there’s no doubt that KH3 is becoming quite the rich game indeed.
Nomura: With the amount of characters involved this time, the story is also becoming quite rich. Because of the chain of events so far, the number of both friend and foe have multiplied. There’s too many to even have them all assemble together in one place (wry laugh). Additionally, I can’t just let each character speak one line and just be done with.
— Counting the number of Seekers of Darkness and Guardians of Light, just that number is a crazy amount...
Nomura: Yeah, and I have to solve all the problems that each of those characters have been carrying on their backs this whole time (wry laugh). There’s also every member of the old Organization XIII...

I certainly dig these statements as it shows Nomura being aware that he can't just write off at least the central characters with one-liners and/or just a journal mention.
As for the "not being able to assemble them all together in once place", well, if the will is there I am sure they could manage a gathering of at least the central cast on the beach for the credits, lol.

It is also clear now that earlier claims from some sources across the net about KH III's story being "dark" stemmed from mistranslations as Nomura speaks here only about the story being "rich", meaning packed full with content but that is something the fanbase has stated for years already since Nomura expanded everything so much before closing/settling some of the open issues beforehand.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Don't get too high hopes on this one though as while this unmistakenly shows that Nomura has them in mind it doesn't mean the coverage specifically on the more obscure members of the old Org will be very detailed or in-depth.

I can see the former apprentices of Ansem the Wise gain roles of similar importance to Leon and the gang though. Maybe the issues with them feeding people to the Heartless and destroying Radiant Garden will even be addressed and not swept under the rug like it was a minor inconvenience.

To be fair, not all of the Organization XIII members need that much spotlight shined on them anyway. That also begs the question, what arcs do the former Organization XIII members need to resolve? they've already been turned back into their somebodies? At best, I can see the Radiant Garden members wanting to retrieve Ansem the Wise, and Larxene's somebody to apologise to Namine through Kairi, but that's honestly all I've got.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
To be fair, not all of the Organization XIII members need that much spotlight shined on them anyway. That also begs the question, what arcs do the former Organization XIII members need to resolve? they've already been turned back into their somebodies? At best, I can see the Radiant Garden members wanting to retrieve Ansem the Wise, and Larxene's somebody to apologise to Namine through Kairi, but that's honestly all I've got.

Well I certainly need Marluxia's fabulous hair in KH3 graphics. Still hoping those flower petal enemies in the Tangled world mean he'll be back. I don't care how, as a boss fight, optional fight, as an NPC running a flower shop in Twilight Town... I just want to see my fave pink dude one more time.

DanX

Patience, young Padawan. That is the plan. Let us finish this one first before we get to this other one. (It's a lot of stuff to translate and everybody has jobs xD so it'll happen soon enough)
Late response but thank you, that's good to hear. I can definitely wait for it (the other Famitsu interview).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Nomura: In regard to KH3, there’s going to be another small intermission, but next time I’ll be announcing more finer details about various systems, such as the battle and levelling systems. Also, up until the 2018 release there’s some idle time, so please fill that up by playing the HD remasters and Union Cross, of which Union Cross includes content connected to KH3. We thank you for your patience
i think the next news is either tgs if not then psx or jump fiesta then it will contuie until d23 japan then so on and so forth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back