• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Talks Working on Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Being behind the directors chair for two of Square Enix's upcoming biggest releases would be a stressful job, but Tetsuya Nomura doesn't seem that worried.

Nomura revealed to Dualshockers that the toughest challenge of working on both of these games are managing his schedule. He does, however, see it as an advantage that both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake are fundamentally different as if the games were similar they would start to look the same. He also sees it as an advantage that if something planned for one game doesn't quite fit, he might be able to work it into the other.

Nomura also discussed that despite the trip to the United States for D23 was a bit rushed, it aligned with a scheduled meeting for Final Fantasy VII Remake. This sort of planning allows him to use his time overseas wisely as director for both games.

Dualshockers promised their full interview with Nomura will be available very soon!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Chaser said:
He also sees it as an advantage that if something planned for one game doesn't quite fit, he might be able to work it into the other.
This is pretty typical in the gaming industry, especially for sequels. Despite the games being different, let's just hope the idea is "universal" to work in either game.

notnow123487

Awards
Hyped for the full interview. I'm sure dualshockers knows how to ask the questions people want to hear.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I mean, I thought it was obvious every Keyblade would have 2 transformations, but I guess it's nice to get a confirmation? They do look fun, and up until now, I like the guns from the Starlight-resembling Keyblade the most.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I mean, I thought it was obvious every Keyblade would have 2 transformations, but I guess it's nice to get a confirmation? They do look fun, and up until now, I like the guns from the Starlight-resembling Keyblade the most.
While Kaori did confirm it in 2015, some were confused about if the Kingdom Key could have one.

KH2Rulz

Awards
Can't wait to see all the original Versus XIII references in Kingdom Hearts III.
You can already see the Magitek armour inspiration in KH3 with the mechs.

Here's hoping weapon/Keyblade switching on the fly also makes it in.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
KH3 looking like Verus redux 2.0.

Can't wait to see all the original Versus XIII references in Kingdom Hearts III.
I'm expecting FINAL FANTASY VII Remake to be more of FF Versus XIII's successor than KINGDOM HEARTS III in the sense that it'll have more Versus XIII-esque elements in the game than KHIII. VXIII had lots of KH inspiration; FFVIIR will most certainly grab onto whatever Tetsuya Nomura wanted to do with V13.

Good points.

See, I'm one that thinks that multiple Keyblades might actually bear an importance nowadays than in the past. In the past, you would always carry the Keychain that had the strongest Strength stat, or when you needed to farm for rare items, use the one with the item booster ability. With how the Keyblade system is shaping where each Keychain will have its unique transformation, possibly two, it's possible that each transformation will have its advantages over others. If you want to deplete a chunk amount of an enemy's HP, there's a transformation for that; if you want to attack lots of mid-weak enemies at the same time, there will be a transformation for that; and so on. With that versatility in mind, Keyblade switching on-the-fly would be idea.

In summation: KH3 might feature an evolved form of FFXV's battle mechanics, tuned to KH's system.

haseo557

Website
twitter.com
I'm so happy that we're getting to see more features to the game. However, I wish we could know more about the other worlds involved. But, that's probably just me. I, like many of you, also prefer to be surprised by the new features and worlds when I play the game (eventually, because I don't even own a PS4 T.T ).

Question for you guys: though I do not yet own a next-gen system, would it be wise to pre-order the game if the pre-order came with limited edition content? Any and all opinions are appreciated :)

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm so happy that we're getting to see more features to the game. However, I wish we could know more about the other worlds involved. But, that's probably just me. I, like many of you, also prefer to be surprised by the new features and worlds when I play the game (eventually, because I don't even own a PS4 T.T ).

Question for you guys: though I do not yet own a next-gen system, would it be wise to pre-order the game if the pre-order came with limited edition content? Any and all opinions are appreciated :)

First of all, welcome! :D Make sure to read through the FAQ!

Well, if you are going to buy a PS4 anyways and you have the money/can afford it, sure, go for it! Especially if the content is something you like.

ghostwarmen

Awards
So I'm guessing the Disney rides were removed? :(
Most likely not, but the thought has crossed my mind a tad due to them being apparent in past trailers but not these last two, which is the current build (close to final) build of the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Most likely not, but the thought has crossed my mind a tad due to them being apparent in past trailers but not these last two, which is the current build (close to final) build of the game.

They can't focus on everything in every trailer. Attraction Flow is a really big feature for them. They wouldn't cut it out, and if it was cut they would announce it before any confusion happened.

KingOfHearts

This. It's like all the stuff that'd make sense to be in KH from vXIII are there and everything else that wouldn't fit (Stealth, character switching, etc.) are going into the FF7 remake. I love Nomura's work man.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

We're totally gonna see Stella wedged into this game at some point.

So I'm guessing the Disney rides were removed? :(

Maybe the 2nd playable character is the one getting the rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back