• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World Tour- wrapped up its final performances in Osaka, Japan a few days ago. After the concerts, Famitsu had the opportunity to sit down with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura and Composer Yoko Shimomura to ask them about their experiences with the performances, the announcements to be made at D23 Expo, and KINGDOM HEARTS III.

I heard you (Shimomura) and Mr. Nomura had a little discussion before concerts today, what was that all about?

Nomura: “Write those KH3 songs” I told her. If there’s going to be future concerts, we’re going to also need new music along with that… something like that (laughs)

That’s definitely music we’d love to hear! So Ms. Shimomura, how’s that production coming along?

Shimomura: Uh….. (laughs). I really have to get to work on those… 

Nomura: Hey, 1 or 2 isn’t enough. You need to finish all of them, like around 700? (laughs)

Shimomura: Oi, that’s more than all the KH songs I’ve compiled so far! (laughs) 
Week after week, I’ve been travelling all around, from Hong Kong to Los Angeles… But It’s all finally come to a close now so soon I can get to work… I may have gotten a bit stale by now, though.

We’re really looking forward to hearing your songs run in future new trailers (laughs). So, Mr. Nomura, in the daytime concert, you announced something about some new information that was coming next week that created somewhat of a hurdle for yourself?

Nomura: I said something like, “We’re going to have some absolutely incredible information for you guys. Oh, I probably shouldn’t create such a big hurdle for myself… but I’m sure it’ll be something everyone will enjoy”, with a bit of a joking tone mixed in, but it seems that only the bit about it being “absolutely incredible” spread around, which was partly the joke. (wry laugh)

That’s because fans will always raise expectations regarding new information (laughs) 

Nomura: Hey, I just said next week’s information will be “ordinary” news (laughs)  

Shimomura: But the new world is amazing! I was like “Wooaahh!”. I got really excited.

This is a small snippit from the interview, translated by Saken! Full translations will be available as soon as possible.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

Can I just say how I dig the constant teasing between Nomura and Shimomura?

He just can't resist ruffling her feathers, can he? Lol.

These Sora- Riku- and Naminé-"plushies" also look totally cute and hilarious at the same time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

It certainly was refreshing to have such a playful interview (poor Sign was confused and couldn't tell if anything they were saying was truthful or playful).

It's nice that it seems Shimomura has begun writing a few songs and now has time to fully get into it.

Awards

I'd be worried about the fact that KH3's music production hasn't started yet, but then I wondered. When did Yoko start composing KH2's music? No, really, when?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'd be worried about the fact that KH3's music production hasn't started yet, but then I wondered. When did Yoko start composing KH2's music? No, really, when?
I wouldn't be too worried. She has plenty of time to write the music and record, especially if March 2018 is the earliest they might aim for. They re-recorded all of Kingdom Hearts II's music within like 2 days, so it shouldn't be too long between her finishing writing the music and the final recording being added to the game.

Awards

I wouldn't be too worried. She has plenty of time to write the music and record, especially if March 2018 is the earliest they might aim for. They re-recorded all of Kingdom Hearts II's music within like 2 days, so it shouldn't be too long between her finishing writing the music and the final recording being added to the game.
They rerecorded KH2's music within TWO DAYS?!

shimomura is a goddess

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They rerecorded KH2's music within TWO DAYS?!

shimomura is a goddess
I should specify that it was rerecorded for 2.5, just in case anyone gets confused.

- How long did it take to record the music for HD 2.5 ReMIX? We learned that the team working on the HD 1.5 ReMIX soundtrack only had about two days to work on it! Hopefully you were allowed more time than that?

SN: The entire recording process took about 15 hours in a span of 2.5 days, coincidentally. Thanks to our amazing musicians, we were able to comfortably finish recording 54 songs in such a short period.

KH2Rulz

Awards

Nomura and Shimomura feel like the mother and father of the KH series.

I remember the last interview they had together was just as much fun.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

what the incredble new information then if we going to ordinary news then?

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

These Sora- Riku- and Naminé-"plushies" also look totally cute and hilarious at the same time.

They're based off a Disney Consumer Brand called Duffy the Disney Bear. For some unbeknownst reason, they've exploded in popularity in Japan. Regardless, this isn't the first time that Kingdom Hearts has dabble with other Disney toys, as there's been cross-promotion with Tsum Tsum.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The Fami reporter and Shimomura got excited at the world. I really hope it's something spectacular!

Muke

whatever
Awards

I remember Frozen being hugely popular in Japan, even more than in, say, the US. So maybe it's that?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I remember Frozen being hugely popular in Japan, even more than in, say, the US. So maybe it's that?
if it ffrozen that i undertand but but the world i can think about is toy story or star wars

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Frozen is the only thing that comes to mind that was super popular in japan that would make them excited like this.

After that i'm not sure what else is popular in Japan.Is Toy story and Wreck it Ralph popular there?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I can't quite equate "popular in Japan" with "it sounds amazing, I got excited". The responses, despite Famitsu being way over the top, are very general and broad with what it could be because ultimately Square doesn't want any hints out there aha.

Take Toy Story for example. Being told that would be a world does sound amazing right? I'm not sure how popular Toy Story was in Japan, if you were told in confidence that the first Pixar world was coming to KH, it'd get you excited.

Or perhaps you're told about Treasure Planet, because this is the only other world my tired brain can think of atm, and that they've been working on developing Sky Pirates and space ports and whatnot. It sounds amazing and would get you excited.

I have no idea where this notion came from that it had to be "popular" in Japan for it to be considered the upcoming world.

Echoecho6

Awards

I was thinking Frozen too, but if that keyblade transformation is anything to go by then there is no way it's Frozen imo. Unless it doesn't have anything to do with the new world.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Nomura: You need to finish all of them, like around 700?

*Composer_ShimomuraYoko.exe has stopped working*

I can't quite equate "popular in Japan" with "it sounds amazing, I got excited". The responses, despite Famitsu being way over the top, are very general and broad with what it could be because ultimately Square doesn't want any hints out there aha.

Take Toy Story for example. Being told that would be a world does sound amazing right? I'm not sure how popular Toy Story was in Japan, if you were told in confidence that the first Pixar world was coming to KH, it'd get you excited.

Or perhaps you're told about Treasure Planet, because this is the only other world my tired brain can think of atm, and that they've been working on developing Sky Pirates and space ports and whatnot. It sounds amazing and would get you excited.

I have no idea where this notion came from that it had to be "popular" in Japan for it to be considered the upcoming world.
Especially when Shimomura and the Famitsu reporter's excitement could just as easily be because the world was totally unexpected.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

I'm really excited for KH3 music. One of the things I'm most looking forward to, especially after the amazing new track we got in 0.2. Shimomura is so incredible and just keeps getting better, KH3 is going to sound perfect. It's gonna be so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back