• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This game is shit

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraHasAutism

Where do I begin with Birth by Sleep? I'd really like to know why ANYONE has said that the battle system is good. There are hundreds of commands, and three good ones. At least 90 percent of the commands do not work on bosses. NONE of your magic works on bosses. You are literally forced to mash square and run around the field like a crack addict. I shit you not. You CANNOT attack most of the bosses. If you do, you will be countered and killed. I have literally proven this by dashing towards them and immediately dashing away. And when I say killed, I mean killed. On STANDARD DIFFICULTY, the bosses one hit KO you when you hit them. You are forced to do nothing but deflect for minuscule damage for thirty minutes. Let's not get started on dying. The bosses don't just "attack". They fucking slaughter. You're sitting there spamming square, and they teleport, pop up out of the ground, and shoot you (with zero warning. I'm standing there deflecting, and then in two seconds, they rush me and kill me out of nowhere). If you miss a deflect, you die. Even your one avenue of attack will immediately kill you. You CANNOT make an action game with non staggers. That is not some "bring back staggers" issue. That is a "your game is broken issue". Enemies do not, under any circumstances, have patterns. They attack randomly, forcing you to keep flying all over the map. Lock ons are broken. You try to lock on, and you miss. Death. You lose a lock on for five seconds. One hit KO. You barely even do any fucking damage. A lot of the time, even your useful commands are forced to be spammed. D Links are useless. Whoever thought that was a good mechanic (as opposed to other things) was on crack. Every time you go to use a command, an enemy will often rush you, leaving no chance for you to do anything but die. Characters frequently do a COMPLETELY different thing from what you're telling them to. And then you die. Some of the bosses can heal. I'm fine with that. Oh, they spam heal while you've been dodging for 27 minutes? Shit game. Enemies don't just appear, buddy. They spam appear. You are literally fighting waves of enemies while you traverse rooms. Big, empty, pointless rooms. In fact, these aren't even worlds anymore. They're fucking rooms. Dialogue is COMPLETE SHIT. Sometimes, they say things that are completely out of place. The emotions are off even in the saddest moments. Voice inflection sounds like a limp dick. Aqua and Terra sound like they are slumped on heroine. No emotion AT ALL in most of the voice acting. Ability system is complete shit. You have ZERO useful abilities because you're forced to use your limited commands to meld them. These commands cost far more than you have. Terra cannot move correctly (been said many times before). Shotlocks (and ALL other useful mechanics) conveniently start getting you killed during most of the battles. Buddy, if you use a reaction command to counter an attack, theyll take half your health bar right there. I've literally been killed after using a finishing combo. The game doesn't feel like kingdom hearts. It feels like, as they say, a "side game". The shitty platforming, floaty boss battles, terrible mechanics, art style, etc, all bring this really "fake" feeling to it. There are really zero physics. Most of it is just hoping for some luck. You know the most annoying combos an enemy has? The "octoslash" type combos? Well, every boss has them now. And they don't just hit you with momentarily annoying attacks. Boy, they spam. Each. And. Every. Combo. You will dodge the same attack twenty times in a row. At this point, I'm just listing. Truly a shit game with an ok story. There are no words that can describe how utterly unacceptable this experience was for me.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if this forum has rules about nicknames, I'm not sure SoraHasAutism is the nicest one around. (Putting a slander on someone as a nick is something I'll never understand)
This whole "Sora is autistic" shtick too... I'm not triggered or anything, but man it is needlessly mean.

I think this is the usual complaint about BbS's gameplay, which means I somewhat agree, but the wall of text makes it hard to understand.

SoraHasAutism

I wonder if this forum has rules about nicknames, I'm not sure SoraHasAutism is the nicest one around. (Putting a slander on someone as a nick is something I'll never understand)
This whole "Sora is autistic" shtick too... I'm not triggered or anything, but man it is needlessly mean.

I think this is the usual complaint about BbS's gameplay, which means I somewhat agree, but the wall of text makes it hard to understand.

The wall all of text is basically a list of reasons the game sucked. What was hard to understand?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Where do I begin with
Press enter every now and then?

At least 90 percent of the commands do not work on bosses. NONE of your magic works on bosses.
I mean, this really isn't true. I recently played BBS because of 1.5+2.5, and yeah, not true.

You are literally forced to mash square and run around the field
Not in every battle though. It's true that this is a thing, but you aren't forced to do it if you are skilled enough in some battles (basically excluding post-game and final bosses iirc).

You CANNOT attack most of the bosses.
This isn't true either

I have literally proven this by dashing towards them and immediately dashing away.
Maybe you shouldn't just dash at bosses?

And when I say killed, I mean killed. On STANDARD DIFFICULTY, the bosses one hit KO you when you hit them.
That's what Once More and Second Chance are there for, buddy.

You are forced to do nothing but deflect for minuscule damage for thirty minutes. Let's not get started on dying. The bosses don't just "attack". They diddlying slaughter. You're sitting there spamming square, and they teleport, pop up out of the ground, and shoot you (with zero warning. I'm standing there deflecting, and then in two seconds, they rush me and kill me out of nowhere). If you miss a deflect, you die. Even your one avenue of attack will immediately kill you. You CANNOT make an action game with non staggers. That is not some "bring back staggers" issue. That is a "your game is broken issue". Enemies do not, under any circumstances, have patterns. They attack randomly, forcing you to keep flying all over the map.
Can mostly agree.

Characters frequently do a COMPLETELY different thing from what you're telling them to.
Only happened in DDD, not in BBS.

You are literally fighting waves of enemies while you traverse rooms. Big, empty, pointless rooms. In fact, these aren't even worlds anymore. They're diddlying rooms.
So, like in any KH game?

Dialogue is COMPLETE SHIT
Yup.

I've literally been killed after using a finishing combo.
So?
The game doesn't feel like kingdom hearts. It feels like, as they say, a "side game".
*sigh*

art style
Art style isn't different from any of the former games, but okay

Truly a shit game with an ok story. There are no words that can describe how utterly unacceptable this experience was for me.
Welp.

Look, I don't like BBS either, but I feel like you're getting a lot angrier over this game than you should be. A lot of your criticism is warranted, but still. You have the right to voice your opinion, but don't you think you're taking it a little too far? It also seems to me like you're bashing it for the sake of it, with things like enemy encounters throughout rooms - that's how it's always been.

Anyways, this was much harder to read than I had thought because of the wall. Paragraphs are good.

SoraHasAutism

he's saying use paragraphs so it's easier to read.
Oh ok lol. My main problem is that people actually act as if this game was good. I have no idea why. There's hundreds of problems with the gameplay.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh ok lol. My main problem is that people actually act as if this game was good. I have no idea why. There's hundreds of problems with the gameplay.
It's a thing called "opinion". Just because you don't like something doesn't mean others can't~

SoraHasAutism

Press enter every now and then?

I mean, this really isn't true. I recently played BBS because of 1.5+2.5, and yeah, not true.

Not in every battle though. It's true that this is a thing, but you aren't forced to do it if you are skilled enough in some battles (basically excluding post-game and final bosses iirc).

This isn't true either

Maybe you shouldn't just dash at bosses?

That's what Once More and Second Chance are there for, buddy.

Can mostly agree.

Only happened in DDD, not in BBS.

So, like in any KH game?

Yup.

So?

*sigh*

Art style isn't different from any of the former games, but okay

Welp.

Look, I don't like BBS either, but I feel like you're getting a lot angrier over this game than you should be. A lot of your criticism is warranted, but still. You have the right to voice your opinion, but don't you think you're taking it a little too far? It also seems to me like you're bashing it for the sake of it, with things like enemy encounters throughout rooms - that's how it's always been.

Anyways, this was much harder to read than I had thought because of the wall. Paragraphs are good.

I can assure you that ALL OF THIS is true. I have sank forty hours into KH 1 on proud, 33 into KH 2, and 30 into BBS (all in the past couple months). All of these problems are valid in some fashion, if not completely exaggerated in BBS. I think you purposely failed to look at everything I was saying, and instead chose to take it completely definitive in order to defend the game. You had zero counter arguments, and really no position to tell me that I didn't literally come across all this in the past week.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I can assure you that ALL OF THIS is true. I have sank forty hours into KH 1 on proud, 33 into KH 2, and 30 into BBS (all in the past couple months). All of these problems are valid in some fashion, if not completely exaggerated in BBS. I think you purposely failed to look at everything I was saying, and instead chose to take it completely definitive in order to defend the game. You had zero counter arguments, and really no position to tell me that I didn't literally come across all this in the past week.
S..ure. Whatever you say, dude. Then I can assure you that most of the users who know me know very well how much I hate BBS and DDD, yet here I am, defending the game, because some of the things that you've said simply aren't true. As I've said, I do agree that BBS has a lot of problems, but you are seriously exaggerating about some of them.

You having played through those games doesn't matter at all, since I have, too. Also, by the way, if this is how you're tearing apart BBS (the better handheld Osaka game), I don't wanna see your DDD thread.

SoraHasAutism

S..ure. Whatever you say, dude. Then I can assure you that most of the users who know me know very well how much I hate BBS and DDD, yet here I am, defending the game, because some of the things that you've said simply aren't true. As I've said, I do agree that BBS has a lot of problems, but you are seriously exaggerating about some of them.

You having played through those games doesn't matter at all, since I have, too. Also, by the way, if this is how you're tearing apart BBS (the better handheld Osaka game), I don't wanna see your DDD thread.

Once again. You simply cannot tell me they are not true. It's that simple. I've literally experienced these issues countless times. You cannot dispute a fact. I can record them and send them to you, fanboy, lmao. And actually, it does matter. Because I've played them all and BBS is the one I'm tearing apart. Especially after playing KH 1 on proud mode. That's what difficulty is SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE. Plus, you just said, and I quote, "Just played the remixes and it's not true." It is. I just played them too.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Once again. You simply cannot tell me they are not true. It's that simple. I've literally experienced these issues countless times. You cannot dispute a fact. I can record them and send them to you, fanboy, lmao. And actually, it does matter. Because I've played them all and BBS is the one I'm tearing apart. Especially after playing KH 1 on proud mode. That's what difficulty is SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE. Plus, you just said, and I quote, "Just played the remixes and it's not true." It is. I just played them too.
Lol at calling me a fanboy. time to git gud then, huh?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Time to accept the reality of a shit game
I don't know how this could possibly be so difficult to understand, but let me tell you again: I do not like the game either. Yes, it has its faults, many even, but that doesn't mean you're not complaining for the sake of it and stating false things.

Anyways, we're clearly mot getting anywhere with this. I know very well that talking to a wall is a waste of my time by now.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Dude don't bring hours/times spent on x title, really.
First of all, as Muke said it doesn't really mean that much, is not like we instead all discovered KH yesterday. And you might (read as will) find someone who sank a tiny bit more than a couple dozen hours on each game (more in the likes of the thousands), so even following your logic then you would not be in any position to contest him.
See, it's a losing argument either way.

Muke agreed on many of you points and just said you exaggerated here and tghere (on which I personally agree), I don't see how that can be classified as "ignoring what you said to defend the game".

SoraHasAutism

Dude don't bring hours/times spent on x title, really.
First of all, as Muke said it doesn't really mean that much, is not like we instead all discovered KH yesterday. And you might (read as will) find someone who sank a tiny bit more than a couple dozen hours on each game (more in the likes of the thousands), so even following your logic then you would not be in any position to contest him.
See, it's a losing argument either way.

Muke agreed on many of you points and just said you exaggerated here and tghere (on which I personally agree), I don't see how that can be classified as "ignoring what you said to defend the game".

ok first of all. He brought that up. Second of all, he is STATING that these things, which I have seen countless times over thirty hours in the past week, are not true. You can't do that without blindly defending a game. I have played other KH games, and this didn't exist.

At this point I'm calling Troll.
I hope it is one, anyway.

Youre calling troll because I roasted a game?

I didn't even get to say how utterly retarded it is to force you to UNLOCK the last part of the game lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Muke

whatever
Awards
ok first of all. He brought that up.
When did I bring that up?

Second of all, he is STATING that these things, which I have seen countless times over thirty hours in the past week, are not true. You can't do that without blindly defending a game. I have played other KH games, and this didn't exist.
ughhhh dude, come on. you literally don't even respond to any of my points, but go to straight "nuh-uh, my opinion is the right one, the fact"-mode.

:cool: anybody got popcorn lol
Can't blame ya dude, this literally is gold.

At this point I'm calling Troll.
I hope it is one, anyway.
Same

SoraHasAutism

ughhhh dude, come on. you literally don't even respond to any of my points, but go to straight "nuh-uh, my opinion is the right one, the fact"-mode.

Let me do this again for you. There is no opinion. I have, over thirty hours in the past week, experienced these things COUNTLESS times.
There is no "where did I bring that up"? I have already quoted you on that. This is called blind defending.
Your arguments consisted of "nuh uh". A statement without evidence requires zero examination

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Youre calling troll because I roasted a game?

On BbS? Lol, I've been roasting that game for years, forget a week.
It's the pretentious "I'm right because I am and because I played KH just as anyone else, maybe even something less therefore I have the power to call others wrong and fanboys" attitude that makes me wish this is just a troll attempt from a very boring person.

Seriously, thirty hours. I've been sorta politely trying to tell you that's nothing, that's the average.

Where, indeed.

SoraHasAutism

You cannot call troll just because somebody roasted a game. This is called blind defending

On BbS? Lol, I've been roasting that game for years, forget a week.
It's the pretentious "I'm right because I am and because I played KH just as anyone else, maybe even something less therefore I have the power to call others wrong and fanboys" attitude that makes me wish this is just a troll attempt from a very boring person.

Seriously, thirty hours. I've been sorta politely trying to tell you that's nothing, that's the average.

Where, indeed.

Thats really not my attitude. That's your interpretation and that's fine. And I know that's the average. Doesn't bother me. But you cannot say these aren't facts and you cannot say I don't know my KH

Last edited by a moderator:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Let me do this again for you. There is no opinion. I have, over thirty hours in the past week, experienced these things COUNTLESS times.
There is no "where did I bring that up"? I have already quoted you on that. This is called blind defending.
Your arguments consisted of "nuh uh". A statement without evidence requires zero examination
good for you so has evey kh player and speedrunner it just not just you who also has these problems as wells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back