• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any games at E3 2017 with just as much shock value as the FF7 remake & Shenmue 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
What game at E3 2017 that will have as much shock value as ff7 remake & Shenmue 3? Here are the games I think so and p

Posted Today, 02:24 PM
Ever since 2015, When FF7 remake was announced even celebrities were surprised and shock. Basically name a game from any amount of game company that will shock twitter and Facebook itself(like ff7 remake).
Just give 3 games. Here mines for shocking announcement

Sony: Jak & daxter 4
Blood-borne 2
New Spyro game announced

Xbox: A Japanese exclusive IP
Halo 6 teaser
Xbox Scorpio

Square Enix: Long kh3 trailer
Parasite Eve Reboot
Life is Strange 2 trailer

Capcom: Devil may Cry 5
New SF5 character from old games
New mega man game

Bethesda: Wolfestien New cosllus
Elder Scrolls 6(A man can dream)
Evil within 2

And sega: Sonic Unleashed sequel
A better virtue fighter 5
A Brand new Ip

Name as many game companies as you want and give 3 games that will an equivalent shock value as ff7 remake announcement. Thanks for reading.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
re: Any games at E3 2017 with just as much shock value as the FF7 remake & Shenmue 3?

Well, there's been a lot of evidence with Sega releasing Shenmue 1 + 2 HD as remasters, so I think that's going to be a highlight once it gets revealed. The sources are saying that British developer, Just Add Water is doing the remastering.

But my biggest shocker, and I highly doubt that it'll happen, is for a Xenogears remake for the PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
re: Any games at E3 2017 with just as much shock value as the FF7 remake & Shenmue 3?

PlayStation All Stars 2 actually looking good.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Pokemon Snap 2 dangit.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Chrono Trigger HD + Chrono Cross HD Remaster / Chrono Trigger 3D Remake. New real Metroid game. Half-Life 3. Legend of the Dragoon HD / remake. Dark Cloud 3. FFX-3.

Dunno why LiS season 2 is in this list considering it's already been revealed tho.

Awards

Half Life 3. Portal 3. Left 4 Dead 3. Devil May Cry 5. Asura's Wrath 2. Elder Scrolls VI.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Mandatory TWEWY 2 comment.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Smash Bros. on Switch

An updated port of the Wii U version? I know some people may want that, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be very exciting, and most certainly wouldn't have any shock value.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

An updated port of the Wii U version? I know some people may want that, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be very exciting, and most certainly wouldn't have any shock value.

Nintendo's never really just done a straight port, there's always something new to entice the vets. MK8DX had 5 new characters & a revamped Battle Mode. SSB4DX theoretically could have the combined content of both Wii U & 3DS versions (symbolic of the Switch's main feature of unifying handheld & console), all of the DLC, plus maybe a few more newcomers to boot.

Awards

Lol I'm a PlayStation at heart but Xbox does a triple AAA Japanese game to bring in jrpg fans. That's a shocker.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Nintendo's never really just done a straight port, there's always something new to entice the vets. MK8DX had 5 new characters & a revamped Battle Mode. SSB4DX theoretically could have the combined content of both Wii U & 3DS versions (symbolic of the Switch's main feature of unifying handheld & console), all of the DLC, plus maybe a few more newcomers to boot.

I'm aware of what they did with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It doesn't contradict anything I said in my original post in the least bit. Notice, I said "updated port".

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe wasn't exciting, and I highly doubt I'll get it even if I get a Switch. Super Smash Bros. wouldn't be any different. What are they going to add those abominable Splatoon characters to that game as well? *sigh*

Awards

I'm aware of what they did with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It doesn't contradict anything I said in my original post in the least bit. Notice, I said "updated port".

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe wasn't exciting, and I highly doubt I'll get it even if I get a Switch. Super Smash Bros. wouldn't be any different. What are they going to add those abominable Splatoon characters to that game as well? *sigh*
Well they can have new mini games(like MK8D), new stages, new game mechanic(like smart steer in MK8D), and a bigger character roster. Maybe even tweak ultimate attacks a bit.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

What are they going to add those abominable Splatoon characters to that game as well? *sigh*
Well someone didn't get up on the fresh side of the bed this morning.

IMO there really anything that could be done with sequels to SSB and MK that couldn't just as be DLC at this point. My hope is that the switch versions of both games gets more DLC support later down the line.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Sure, it wouldn't have shock value, but Smash Bros is a fighting game. Having a definitive edition which is not only portable, but mixes elements from the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions would generate a lot of excitement for pre-existing consumers. Plus, with all the DLC characters to boot with a higher install base, there's every reason to be excited for a Smash Bros Deluxe.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

There is something to look forward to with a Smash Deluxe, but it still wouldn't have any shock value, and certainly not on the level of FF7R or Shenmue, which is what the thread is about. Reggie has already said a Smash for Switch is coming (new or not), and a port of the Wii U version was frequently talked about in Switch Leaks for months now.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

There is something to look forward to with a Smash Deluxe, but it still wouldn't have any shock value, and certainly not on the level of FF7R or Shenmue, which is what the thread is about.

Yup, that was my point all along.

Only a brand new Super Smash Bros (which, of course, isn't happening this quick) could come anywhere near generating that kind of hype, and at this point I don't think it would even be able to manage that. I think the peak of hype for that series has been reached and left.

I'm just thinking, if Switch is starting off with ports of Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, does that mean that the Switch will never have its own Mario Kart and SSB and will just be riding the coattails of Wii U's best games? I hope that's not the case, but these are not franchises that have historically seen more than one release of any kind on a single console.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

It'll definitely have it's own, imo, but those take years to develop, that's why they did the ports so they had this foundation in at the start of the console's life to help support it in the meantime.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Speaking of the devil....

QOlB61K.png

dZ1bLys.png

FukyfeG.png

LGAZyCw.png

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Some of that looks really nice and clear, but others like the Smash Run(?) shot with Toon Link look quite dubious in quality.

Either way, even if it is real there sure is a noticeable lack of new characters. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back