• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2017: What we hope to see from Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It has been 15 years since Kingdom Hearts originally released on the Playstation 2. In the first three months of 2017, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX both released on the Playstation 4, and mobile game Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ was revamped into Kingdom Hearts Union χ

There's only one piece of the puzzle left for the Kingdom Hearts anniversary. There has been a suspicious absense of Kingdom Hearts 3 news, with only less than a handful of screenshots released to tide fans over. E3 2017 is just a few short weeks away and the Kingdom Hearts Insider site staff have weighed in on what they would like to see at E3.

I love seeing how the Osaka team is getting a better grasp at developing KH3 with the Unreal Engine 4, as their expertise comes primarily from developing for handheld consoles. The character models haven‘t looked their best so far, but they‘ve definitely been improving over time and I certainly hope they look well at this year‘s E3. 

Dream Drop Distance presented us with a bit of a messy story in my opinion, and it feels like everyone‘s just automatically going to magically return in KH3 without it feeling satisfying. A nice, Nomura directed E3 trailer that shows us they‘re taking detailed care of KH3‘s story will definitely help alleviate my worries! I just hope it doesn‘t spoil 98% of the story like most trailers unfortunately do.

As for other titles I‘m certainly looking forward to the FF7 Remake. Who knows if they‘ll present to us a "dream team" developed FFXVI as well, directed by Hiroyuki Ito and maybe even some other desirable names too?

- Gexus

It's been a good long while since we've seen any content from Kingdom Hearts 3. With talk that development has progressed more on content that hasn't been revealed, what they can show is what they can't and vice versa, I'd be more than happy to just see the obvious. 

Confirm a Frozen world! Fly around San Fransokyo, reveal the new outfits and let us reunite with the Radiant Garden gang.

- Sign

I'm excited for E3 this year, but in a different way to previous years. Instead of just expecting some sort of Kingdom Hearts presence, perhaps due to my own growth or otherwise, I have this incredible anticipation, while also harbouring a sort of blank mind. I would like to see Kingdom Hearts, but at the same time it's not such a huge deal if I don't. In my eyes, E3 is a time to gather with my friends and collectively laugh and joke about the crazy presentations put out by all the big name companies, as they continuously try to one-up each other.

I try to not create any sort of expectation, however simply experience the event in its purest and simplest form. A bit like when I was younger. Which is interesting, the growth I mentioned before may perhaps be a return to purer thought. Sometimes, it's better to face reality as is, and to feel the moments as they come, free from the complexity of our own minds. 

That being said though, I do believe Nomura has had something brewing for quite a while now...

- Saken

It's been such a long time since we last saw KH3 that I would like a new trailer to showcase the story. I remember watching the E3 trailer in 2015 and being in awe that we were witnessing an actual English-spoken cutscene from KH3 and I want to experience that feeling again. 

In terms of gamep
lay and other elements I am DESPERATE to see the Disney denizens. Show me Rapunzel, show me Hercules, show me Baymax. I could do without seeing Attraction Flow though. We’ve seen a few of them and I’d rather the rest be kept a surprise because it feels like every secret in a video game is shown pre-release.

I’m also excited to hopefully see footage from Insomniac’s Spider-Man (Release date please!!!) and I feel like Final Fantasy VII Remake is a given. I’m very excited for that one.

- Chaser

I am not sure what to expect, and am just looking forward to surprises rather than anything in particular, but I bet when that music starts playing I will be filled with emotions all over again!

- Goldpanner

Ever since the reveal of the suitcases in 0.2 and the promotional Key Art for KHUX, I’ve wanted to see Riku, Kairi, and Mickey’s new outfits. Maybe Lea will have one too?

Gameplay footage from guest party members or even Summons would be great; parti
cularly Rapunzel's hair animated in battle or Sora flying on Baymax. It's been quite a while since we've seen a new Final Fantasy cameo.

I think I’d like to see another form aside from Power Form and Guard Form. Magic Form? Tsum Tsum Form?

Other than Kingdom Hearts III, I’ve been anticipating more news for Dragon Quest XI and Final Fantasy VII Remake! Due to FF7R's episodic nature, I have a feeling we may hear something soon.

- Zephyr 

I've been so busy with life that I haven't had time to really think about E3—or Kingdom Hearts for that matter—until now. I want nothing more for Kingdom Hearts 3 to finally have a new trailer. 

It is the 15th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts so it feels so weird that this year has been so silent besides the concerts and Union X [Cross]. This would be the perfect time to have an explosion of news to hype the fans up and truly start the celebrations of the anniversary year. 

Give us story, give us Riku and Kairi, give us Rapunzel whipping Heartless with her hair. Throw Lann and Reynn from World of Final Fantasy in or Laguna Loire from Final Fantasy VIII as Final Fantasy guests. Anything will get us excited, just as long as it is new and substantial.

As for what else I'd want to see, I would love to see some news about Project Octopath Traveler or Final Fantasy VII Remake (can I hope for The World Ends With You 2?)

And I'm already excited to see what Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft, and other companies will show us this year. All I know is that I'll likely continue to be poor for years to come thanks to this year's E3 showing.

- Master Spockanort

What do you hope to see from Kingdom Hearts 3 at E3? Don't forget to register to our forums to tell us your thoughts, and follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i with master spockanort stuff plus show us the the new stuff don't us stuff we already seen we don't want that it been two year with out news show us what you got and give us release year as for other tile i want to see sly 5 or another sly title beyond good evil and evil 2 wont be at e3 this year so that done a tease of some sort of spyro even if a t shirt

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I agree, Gosoxtim. I think every single Kingdom Hearts fan wants something new, and they really should give it to us. There's no excuse when they have no other game to promote and it's the 15th anniversary. They need to actually start promoting the game.

On a side note, if you're watching the E3 conferences from home remember to follow KHInsider on Twitter for some fun banter. While the staff in America prepare to attend the conferences, I live tweet myself watching them all the way from Australia and it's always a fun time to just relax and enjoy since I'm sleep deprived and just giddy since Ubisoft always perks me up. I'm surprised my social media privileges weren't revoked after Insomniac's Spider-Man game was announced, or my multiple tweets to Sony asking where Gravity Rush 2 was.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I agree, Gosoxtim. I think every single Kingdom Hearts fan wants something new, and they really should give it to us. There's no excuse when they have no other game to promote and it's the 15th anniversary. They need to actually start promoting the game.
exactly make us want to buy this game and tell us why should we wait for this game to come out if there time to start promte this game this e3 has to be it

on a small side not as well who going to e3 and d23 from the staff this year besides masterspockanort

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
It's funny,been debating if i should even watch a potential E3 trailer.

First time i'm thinking i wanna go in with as little as knowledge as possible but at the same time i really want to see their progress.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I have a good feeling that we'll see a Kingdom Hearts 2.8 situation in which the trailer is announced a week before E3.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I just want to see more of Corona and San Fransokyo in gameplay. With possibly Rapunzel and Hiro/Baymax as party members.

And one of two world reveals would be nice, lol.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
At this point we better get things that are not Sora and Attraction Flow. Gimme more footage of previously announced worlds (and in the case of San Fransokyo, footage in general) and finally show their residents. Give us Riku, Kairi, and Lea in their new outfits. Give us some Xehanort, and maybe give us some Marluxia since it's already been hinted at that he's in the game. If any of those things happen I'll be satisfied.

horto12485

Awards
1: Maybe a Demo prehaps.

2: Gameplay Footage of San Fransokyo

3: Rapunzel, Hercules and Baymax(Where are they) we haven't seen them in E3 2015 Trailer or in Jump Festa Trailer

4: At least 2 or 3 Worlds announced(Option 1: Frozen, Toy Story and The Jungle Book) or(Pocahontas, Treasure Planet and Atlantis)

5: And a Potential Trailer(We need some new Scenes and Riku, Kairi and Mickey and Others)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
this e3 they have to show us new stuff like a story trailer of some sort along with world they have not shown yet plus these new outfits nomura talking about one more thing if they really getterate the most hpe and buzz i believe this game should last in the sony conference

as xenmas once said

"It has been far too long, "friend"."

Muke

whatever
Awards
I just want a story trailer and other characters than Sora, Xehanort, and Eraqus. Also, show us some Disney party member now! I wanna see Rapunzel. I'm so curious as to how they're handling her hair. Show me San Fransokyo and more of Corona.

Then I'll he happy.

notnow123487

Awards
Predictions.

1. No story trailer, just more gameplay with a new cut scene thrown in to make us go OMG and forget how we didn't actually get much new information.
2. San fransokyo debut gameplay.
3. New world announced, but no gameplay.
4. Now in development.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I just want a story trailer and other characters than Sora, Xehanort, and Eraqus. Also, show us some Disney party member now! I wanna see Rapunzel. I'm so curious as to how they're handling her hair. Show me San Fransokyo and more of Corona.

Then I'll he happy.
yeah im curious about the hair part as muke i wonder if anydoy form the tangled team are helping them with the hair put

Predictions.

1. No story trailer, just more gameplay with a new cut scene thrown in to make us go OMG and forget how we didn't actually get much new information.
2. San fransokyo debut gameplay.
3. New world announced, but no gameplay.
4. Now in development.

1. they got show story trailer sooner then later
2.verr possible
3.um not possible they need show new world gameplay with the new world the only reason big hero 6 world was not ready yet so they made a video with roy annouced big hero 6 for kh3 they cant cant do that if they are psx connfernce
4.now in devlopment could happen but i think we see 2018

Last edited:

Cactuar

I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen a single Disney character yet (aside from Mickey and co.) so I feel like we're long overdue.

Also speaking of Rapunzel, if we see some gameplay I remember a while ago someone talking about (don't remember who it was exactly) how they were thinking of unique ways for Rapunzel to use her hair in combat so that would be cool to see in action

Awards
I just wanna see KH3 at Sony's conference, alongside the new Spider-Man, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, and whatever else they got.

A story trailer would be freaking great, but as long as it's a good trailer and it's at Sony's conference, I'll be happy.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I really hope it`s something new that they show us. A mix of new gameplay and story stuff would be perfect but I am fine with just getting either one of those things.

On a side note, if you're watching the E3 conferences from home remember to follow KHInsider on Twitter for some fun banter. While the staff in America prepare to attend the conferences, I live tweet myself watching them all the way from Australia and it's always a fun time to just relax and enjoy since I'm sleep deprived and just giddy since Ubisoft always perks me up. I'm surprised my social media privileges weren't revoked after Insomniac's Spider-Man game was announced, or my multiple tweets to Sony asking where Gravity Rush 2 was.

Out of curiosity how many members from the staff in States will be attending this year? I also assume some folks from KH13 will be there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back