• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can I watch χ Back Cover yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbot668

I have avoided watching χ Back Cover and I haven't played 0.2 Birth by Sleep yet, because I hadn't played all the way through KHUX. I assumed it was complete, but after spending about a week getting through it to finish the story I find it isn't complete yet. At least not in America. For viewing pleasure when I watch X Back Cover, would it be better for me to wait for KHUX to finish, or should I go ahead and watch back cover? Is there any order I should keep in mind for KHUX,Back cover, 0.2 BBS? Ex: Don't play 0.2 until you've played KHUX all the way and watched back cover?

Thank you for your time!

Muke

whatever
Awards
I say just watch BackCover, then play BBS 0.2, and move on to Ux. By watching BC before Ux, you're not really spoiling anything you wouldn't find out, though it does clear up some things so you'll go "ohhhh" while playing Ux.

Watching/playing BC and 0.2 back to back is the go here because of a certain opening sequence that I won't spoil.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I have avoided watching χ Back Cover and I haven't played 0.2 Birth by Sleep yet, because I hadn't played all the way through KHUX. I assumed it was complete, but after spending about a week getting through it to finish the story I find it isn't complete yet. At least not in America. For viewing pleasure when I watch X Back Cover, would it be better for me to wait for KHUX to finish, or should I go ahead and watch back cover? Is there any order I should keep in mind for KHUX,Back cover, 0.2 BBS? Ex: Don't play 0.2 until you've played KHUX all the way and watched back cover?

Thank you for your time!
Back Cover only covers up to a specific point in KHUx and the ENG version has surpassed that point now, so you're good, really.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
All X Back Cover really does is establish the characteristics of the different Forteller's, that's about it really. The lore relevance with Union X is minimal at best. You can go ahead and watch, but don't expect it to make Union X easier to understand after watching X Back Cover.

Muke

whatever
Awards
All X Back Cover really does is establish the characteristics of the different Forteller's, that's about it really. The lore relevance with Union X is minimal at best. You can go ahead and watch, but don't expect it to make Union X easier to understand after watching X Back Cover.
I mean, it does clear some things up. I wouldn't say it's minimal

Muke

whatever
Awards
lol at everyone hating on backcover.

It's nothing special, mediocre at best, but I think it's unfair how people are treating BC.

Ueki_168

I believe Back Cover is a good film, it's well executed and the characters are interesting. The quality of the animation is decent. And the plot is interesting enough.

I didn't like how it ended. I wanted a conclusion to the X story. BC doesn't deliver that. But overall, I think it's fine to see at any time, either before or after playing Ux. I think this because it's just complementary story, it doesn't need the story of Ux to make sense.

I see it as the Final Fantasy XV movie bundle. You can watch it standalone, and you can play FFXV standalone, but both together make a bigger whole (if that makes sense..).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
lol at everyone hating on backcover.

It's nothing special, mediocre at best, but I think it's unfair how people are treating BC.

Not really, X Back Cover is irrelevant with the current plot of Union X. It could have been justified if it shown the Keyblade War that occured, but that was intentionally omissioned, therefore making X Back Cover a waste in the grand scheme of things.

At the very least, it does demonstrate how beautiful pre-rendered graphics are with the Kingdom Shader.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Not really, X Back Cover is irrelevant with the current plot of Union X. It could have been justified if it shown the Keyblade War that occured, but that was intentionally omissioned, therefore making X Back Cover a waste in the grand scheme of things.
if the only thing you care about is plot, sure.

but bc was more about fleshing out the personalities and motivations of the foretellers, as well as the Master of Masters, who simply could not be done justice without proper animation and voice acting imo. it also sets up the box and answers the mystery of Xehanort's Keyblade, which as far as I know, isn't brought up in KHUx (tho i havent been following the JPN Union Cross updates)

there is value to it.

Awards
Well since the UX story isn't even complete yet, go ahead and watch Back Cover. It literally spoils NOTHING about UX, because pretty much everything that happens in it doesn't even happen in UX. The only direct connection I saw with UX and BC is when Ephemer talks to Ava and mentions that he met a new friend (you) from another Union. That's literally it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back