• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Things the HD brings to light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
So far, I've only finished Terra's story and am almost done Ventus's story. And that's all I've done in this collection, but I will say that the fish face bothers me more than ever due to the hugely upscales graphics. It didn't bother me on the PSP or even the PS3. But on the PS4, I feel like it's a huge aquarium.

The other thing I never noticed is how Ven's standing pose without his keyblade is the same as with his keyblade. Like his hand is still closed as if he's holding it. It's just not there.

Anything else the HD reveals that I should be on the lookout for?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
At the end of the day, the PS4 versions of the games are ports of 1.5 and 2.5 from the PS3 which was a remaster of Kingdom Hearts, Re: Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days cinematic for 1.5 and Kingdom Hearts II, Birth by Sleep and Re: Coded for 2.5. This isn't a remake, none of the assets were created from scratch. At best, key character models were updated for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II respectively because they fared better in HD than the existing models.

I've gotten accustomed to the fish face. Partly because it was to be expected with the way the character's were designed, but more importantly, these games were never originally intended for high definition. You have to give Square Enix some credit by creating a HD compilation for two systems in the first place. These are standard definition games at heart so the HD treatment is a gift more than anything.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I'm not really complaining. I understand their just upscale versions of old games, but I just never really noticed how jarring the fish face was before

Recon

Art of War
Awards
KH1's programming is so bad, but it's expected from a 2005 game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
At the end of the day, the PS4 versions of the games are ports of 1.5 and 2.5 from the PS3 which was a remaster of Kingdom Hearts, Re: Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days cinematic for 1.5 and Kingdom Hearts II, Birth by Sleep and Re: Coded for 2.5. This isn't a remake, none of the assets were created from scratch. At best, key character models were updated for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II respectively because they fared better in HD than the existing models.

I've gotten accustomed to the fish face. Partly because it was to be expected with the way the character's were designed, but more importantly, these games were never originally intended for high definition. You have to give Square Enix some credit by creating a HD compilation for two systems in the first place. These are standard definition games at heart so the HD treatment is a gift more than anything.
Just because it's how it was back then doesn't mean it's not annoying today. With the series being finally in 1080p on PS4, the fish faces are extra annoying since they use low resolution textures. Sebastian the crab's eyes looks like they've been upscaled from 144p (major exaggeration, more like 360p).

Ven_Roxas wasn't even saying they should have remade the assets from scratch, they were saying that the HD aspect of the series now reveals how obscure they are and it's true. You just have to look at the fish face in 0.2 to see how badly it was all done back then.

KH1's programming is so bad, but it's expected from a 2005 game.
KH1 came out in 2002. KH 2 was 2005.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
KH1 came out in 2002. KH 2 was 2005.

edit: google sucks dong

edit 2: I swear if you type "kingdom hearts final mix release date" in google's search engine, KHII's release date will appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back