• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dates for Walt Disney Studios movies (2017 - 2020)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
C-R82DEUIAADJFu.jpg:large

Of course, this is subject to change, but what are your overall thoughts on all of this?

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Is it wise idea to have the end of two of the biggest franchises of all-time release within weeks of each other? Avengers 4 then less than a month for Episode IX.

The only thing that film slate NEEDS is TR3N god d@mnit.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Is it wise idea to have the end of two of the biggest franchises of all-time release within weeks of each other? Avengers 4 then less than a month for Episode IX.

The original actor for Tron quit being involved with the franchise because Disney was so on and off about Tron 3.

As far as Avengers 4 and Episode IX goes, I really think they're placeholder dates to please shareholders at this point. I'm more upset about Gigantic being moved all the way to 2020.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I'm 50/50 on that. While I agree that the movies are probably a little too close, it arguably may not affect sales that much because they are just so big, most people will probably see both regardless of when they release. With so many other movies, including five other live action films, slated for 2019, I think putting one of these two anywhere close to some of them would run Disney the risk of totally cannibalizing those movies. Since Disney is in charge of both films, I think that ultimately the safer decision would be to market them at the same time and count on seeing both because there's no way most of their other movies will stack up, even Lion King or Frozen 2, against those juggernauts.

I sincerely doubt those dates are placeholders, too. You don't make a big deal out of a place holder to the public.

I want Tron 3 as well, give it to me in one of those live action slots please okay thank you.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I sincerely doubt those dates are placeholders, too. You don't make a big deal out of a place holder to the public.

I refer you back to Gigantic. It was unveiled at D23 2015 for a release date of March 2018, only to be moved to November 21, 2018 after the announcement of Wreck-It Ralph 2, and finally to November 25, 2020. All these announcements were publicly made by Disney themselves.

At this point, I'm placing this release schedule at a 50/50 accuracy. I have no doubt about the 2017 movies hitting their deadlines, it's just the 2018 movies and beyond that I'm taking with a grain of salt.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I refer you back to Gigantic. It was unveiled at D23 2015 for a release date of March 2018, only to be moved to November 21, 2018 after the announcement of Wreck-It Ralph 2, and finally to November 25, 2020. All these announcements were publicly made by Disney themselves.

At this point, I'm placing this release schedule at a 50/50 accuracy. I have no doubt about the 2017 movies hitting their deadlines, it's just the 2018 movies and beyond that I'm taking with a grain of salt.

Taking it with a grain of salt is definitely smart to do in any case, but I don't think Gigantic was revealed with the intention of it being a placeholder. It's possible they ran into troubles with the film or they needed to reallocate staff temporarily to another project that more work was needed on sooner. I can't remember the last time Disney made THIS big of a deal about so many release date moves and announcements all at once, but they definitely can change. Like you said though, the grain of salt mentality is important. I just doubt the dates were put there with the intention to simply change them later when they figure out more about production, especially concerning the high profile of a few of the films.

With that said, I'm also kinda bummed about the Gigantic release date being moved. I'm really excited for that one.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
are the untitled disney fairy tale live-actions presumed to be new stories or just their like live-action retelling things?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
are the untitled Disney fairy tale live-actions presumed to be new stories or just their like live-action retelling things?

Seeing as there's about four of them, it's definitely live-action retelling. The ones on the top of my head that have been greenlit are, Winnie the Pooh, Aladdin/Genie, Peter Pan/Tinkerbell and Snow White (with Red Rose as the main character).

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Rose Red movie and the Snow White movie actually separate projects? I could have sworn I remembered reading there was gonna be the Rose Red adaptation AND the basic Snow White adaptation. Or am I possibly confusing it with the Charming film (which I think was also a thing?)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Rose Red movie and the Snow White movie actually separate projects? I could have sworn I remembered reading there was gonna be the Rose Red adaptation AND the basic Snow White adaptation. Or am I possibly confusing it with the Charming film (which I think was also a thing?)
no you're right. snow white and rose red are two things.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
No you're right. Snow White and Rose Red are two things.

Really? well colour me surprised. D23 better elaborate more clearly on the upcoming movies because this isn't the only instance in which we've seen two characters of the same Disney Universe potentially having their own movies (Tinkerbell and Peter Pan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back