• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This port is terrible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Just launched the game for the first time-- game is still installing, but KH1 is playable while the others load.

KH1 (whilst installing) does not allow you to skip cutscenes. I just played through the tutorial and fought Riku on the island. As soon as I beat him, I leveled up and the game crashed.

This is absolutely pathetic. I have put hundreds of hours into both KH1 and KH1FM and never has the game crashed here-- I never saved, so I will have to do this segment again.

Use this thread to compile all your crashes and other glitchy oddities so we can send Square a report with all of these bugs. This was a rushed port.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Eh..I'd download the whole game before you file any claim.

TheDemonCT

Rushed? Nah. I've put 7 hours in with no issues. Idk man. Might be your ps4 or something else.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Rushed? Nah. I've put 7 hours in with no issues. Idk man. Might be your ps4 or something else.
no, i believe it was the game itself. i played 2 and a half hours and saw no issue but these remixes have a tendency to be buggy as hell. i played journey just earlier tonight and it crashed 4 times on me, whereas i know someone who's played it like 8 times without issue; and its a common issue.

if a game is launched with numerous game breaking bugs and a day 1 patch that doesnt even fix them all, it doesnt get benefit of the doubt.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
enquiry@square-enix.com

We may have a better chance of getting the glitches fixed if we send feedback here.

Hopefully, said feedback can actually be sent to the porters who worked on this. Apparently, 2.5 Remix on the PS3 only had two programmers working on it. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if this port was also under-staffed.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
So do physical copies get patches too? Not sure how all this works, but will the fixes work on them too or are you stuck with all the glitches if you've got a physical copy?

appleboy82791

Awards
So do physical copies get patches too? Not sure how all this works, but will the fixes work on them too or are you stuck with all the glitches if you've got a physical copy?

No. With physical copies you get all the patches too.

And I haven't experienced any glitches whatsoever with 1.5+2.5 yet. I've only played KH1FM so far for 3 hours though. I've of course heard about the bugs in the Japanese version but I'm going to reserve judgment until I've played through all of the games.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
No. With physical copies you get all the patches too.

And I haven't experienced any glitches whatsoever with 1.5+2.5 yet. I've only played KH1FM so far for 3 hours though. I've of course heard about the bugs in the Japanese version but I'm going to reserve judgment until I've played through all of the games.

Alright, good. So are there more glitches in the JP version then? Haven't seen anything about that, only glitches that exist in both games or English only.

Rael_Oblivion

Haven't found any glitches in BbS yet, but I've only been playing for about 3 hours. And I've never played it, so I don't know what would be an original glitch or one specific to this port, but I'll make note of any I come across.

dbG33K

Only "glitch" I've experienced in my first 6 hours of KH:FM is after the opening movie, it crashed on me. Which was annoying, since it can't be skipped. On the second try, it continued into the game, though, and no other glitches or crashes since.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Hm, so random crashes seem to still be the biggest problem. Not much different from PS3 version then, I've had two random crashes happen on PS3 KH2, one in Pride Lands and one during Data Roxas, so it's not like the PS3 port was perfect either. It seems like the crashes have just become more frequent and likely in the PS4 version. Gotta remember to save a lot I guess :l Hopefully they'll continue fixing stuff.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
If you want a list of issues with the PS4 ports, speedrunner Bizkit047 has made a pastebin with all the issues he has experienced or been told about, by people he trusts. He updates it when new are discovered, or if something is fixed.

https://pastebin.com/t9fzcZsk
I love how making the game run at 60 fps destroyed a lot of the mechanics.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
All these crashes kinda remind me how Final Fantasy Type 0 HD kinda died on me from time to time for no apparent reason. I really hope there will be more patches.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Listen, I'm enjoying KH1 in 60fps-- I'm always here for this game; but the fact that the game crashed twice within 6 hours is just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back