• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about the placement of the Kingdom Hearts Concert -First Breath- scene

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
So, I'm a bit confused by the placement of this scene within the games. It seems to either directly contradict known facts in-game or just have been completely misinterpreted.

So, here's a list of questions I have:

1) Did Nomura say that this scene directly precedes 0.2, or that it happens after 0.2? Because, if it precedes parts of 0.2, then it has to have happened immediately after Namine was born (which isn't likely).
2) If it's preceding 0.2, then how did Terra already comment about his fight with Sora? Was that connecting to the scene as well, or was that separate?
3) In II, we find out that Xemnas already knows about the chamber of waking before Marluxia is recruited (No. 11 out of 14), so this would place this scene at least before the end of Kingdom Hearts and long before Chain of Memories if it is to be connected to the Terra scene in 0.2, right?
4) If so, how did Namine contact the Lingering Will at all? Did she time travel to warn him? Because you can't change events of the past as per the rules of time travel. Or does it not matter since she's a weird ass nobody anyways?

Ugh, I hate this scene. This muddles everything in the story so far. All that could possibly be interpreted is that the scene happened after Kingdom Hearts II, and the thing about "Your heart will soon encounter a familiar light" was just her giving him hope or something. Like Xion's and Aqua's dialogue at the new concert. God, this is confusing.

Anyone have any information about this? Maybe I got the Nomura quote wrong, and he never said this directly precedes a scene from 0.2 at all?

Here's the full transcript below, official English translation:

Kingdom Hearts Concert -First Breath- said:
Naminé: Don't worry. You might forget about me . . . but with our promise I can come back. Yes. One day the light--it will be ours, and it will bring us together. And then--I'll be in your heart.

Sora: Right. Forgotten--but not lost.

Lingering Will: Aqua . . . . Ven . . . .
A Keyblade? Who are you?
I know you. We've met before, way back when. No, that wasn't you. You're not the one I chose. Where is he? Xe . . .ha . . .nort . . . . Is that you? Xeha . . . nort . . . . Xehanort!

Lingering Will: That's it. your Power
That's what I felt within you.
The power that conects to Aqua.
And to Ven's heart.

Terra: Where am I . . . ?

Naminé: In your memories. Traces of you were lost, so I found you through memories belonging to those you've met in the past.

Terra: Who are you?

Naminé: I'm Naminé. It's nice to meet you.
I'm a witch who can control peoples' memories.

Terra: A witch?

Naminé: Right now you're bound to two memories. One belongs to you, the other belongs to an unspeakable darkness--

Terra: . . . Master Xehanort.

Naminé: Your heart will soon encounter a familiar light. You must make sure she isn't lost to the darkness. You must guide her.

Terra: Her? You mean Aqua? I'm not sure what I can do to help, not like this.

Naminé: You must fight, Terra, like the others. You mustn't let your heart melt into darkness; follow your true memories, and you'll reach the light. She's headed there, too--to the same place. You must believe in promise, just as she continues to believe in you.

Terra: Aqua. Ven. One day I'll--I've never forgotten our promise. Never. I will keep fighting.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What murks the whole thing up further is that 0.2 itself actually takes place during two different "periods of time" in the RoL.

The parts of 0.2 that involve Yen Sid's tower and the last scenes with Sora actually take place after Dream Drop Distance, thus are the furthest to the present in the whole series' timeline while the events surrounding Aqua take place before and during KH 1, ending literally with the ending of KH 1 itself.

I do not remember what exactly Nomura did say about this scene beyond that it is indeed canon and "happens during 0.2".
When "during 0.2" as there are two different time periods?
If it is truly related to the "Terra phantom scenes" in Aqua's part taking place during KH 1 there is practially no other explanation possible than time travel as Naminé could not have found all those memories connected to Sora before she first started to mess with Sora's memory in Chain of Memories.

Then there is the thing, actually directly stated by Aqua herself, that both Terra and Ventus were trying to guide her and in Ven's case, despite him still being unconscious, he reached out subconsciously.
So, was Ven's heart then contacted similarily and we just haven't yet heard/seen that one or is Naminé contacting the Lingering Will actually pertaining to something else and not the scenes involving Aqua with Terra and Ven during the time of 0.2 itself?

The concert scene happening during the time of 0.2, as in during the post-DDD parts of it, would make more sense in terms of what knowledge Naminé already has and go well with the parts spoken by the Will when it met Sora and first mistook him for Xehanort before noticing Ven within him, which do happen somewhere during KH 2, if these are really part of the concert scene as the OP's quote suggest.

This however would also indicate that there might be a danger for Aqua to be lost to the Darkness again post-DDD, meaning that in this case Naminé would urge the Will to lend a hand to her again in the upcoming story parts which are most likely part of KH III.

Of course, this is all conjecture and it hinges not only on what exactly Nomura said but also in which context these statements are to be taken.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I believe Nomura's words were something along the lines of "the Terra that appears in 0.2 is coming from this scene."

According to the Days Ultimania, there are 16 days from Naminé and Roxas's birth to the defeat of the Seeker of Darkness.
That slots Naminé's conversation with the Lingering Will, and subsequently Aqua's conversation with Terra, somewhere within that 16-day time frame. The precise day(s) aren't really that important I guess.

It feels like a pretty clean placement, the only real question is how, with Naminé being so young still and her work on Sora's heart not yet begun.
However, I think I get it.
Naminé is born in Castle Oblivion. Organization XIII quickly finds her, and through means not yet clear, they realize her connection to Sora and formulate the plan to use her against him.
We don't fully understand how Naminé's powers work, but we do know that she has the power to work with Sora's memories and the people connected to him.

Who else is sitting around inside Castle Oblivion? Ventus.
Naminé is able to access his memories via his connection to Sora.
With Ventus being the point of entry, perhaps this also explains his presence in the scene with Aqua. His heart may have heard her message, and felt that it was intended for him.
Even her line about "belonging to an unspeakable darkness" rings true for Ventus.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Who else is sitting around inside Castle Oblivion? Ventus.
Naminé is able to access his memories via his connection to Sora.
With Ventus being the point of entry, perhaps this also explains his presence in the scene with Aqua. His heart may have heard her message, and felt that it was intended for him.
Even her line about "belonging to an unspeakable darkness" rings true for Ventus.

That sounds like it makes sense. Would also explain why Ven couldn't speak and it was almost like he wasn't even really there in the same way as Terra was. Since we know hearts are connected, Namine can probably go along these "chains of memories" from heart to heart and used Ven as a path to get Terra to Aqua, or something. I still don't understand why she would contact Terra, unless she just had free time chilling in CO and happened to find his memories and looked into the whole thing. Or if there's some time travel there, would explain that "I've been alone for so long" line that still doesn't make sense to me. There's probably some really convoluted way this all ties together.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
That sounds like it makes sense. Would also explain why Ven couldn't speak and it was almost like he wasn't even really there in the same way as Terra was. Since we know hearts are connected, Namine can probably go along these "chains of memories" from heart to heart and used Ven as a path to get Terra to Aqua, or something. I still don't understand why she would contact Terra, unless she just had free time chilling in CO and happened to find his memories and looked into the whole thing. Or if there's some time travel there, would explain that "I've been alone for so long" line that still doesn't make sense to me. There's probably some really convoluted way this all ties together.

That, or Nomura finally made a plot point in the series that is literally so convoluted it directly contradicts everything it stands for with no way out. But he would never forget to think things through beforehand, right?

Reminder: this is the guy who said he "barely got the video done" that was supposed to precede the Aqua, Xion, and Kairi dialogue at his concerts. He's not exactly 100% on top of everything all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back