• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch: 60fps Gameplay of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Following on from the video Square Enix released yesterday, which showcased gameplay from Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Square Enix has released a new video showing off Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix in 60fps.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is the biggest Kingdom Hearts compliation yet, boasting four fully playable games and two DS games remade as HD cinematics. This collection, plus the previously released Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue contains everything you need to play in order to prepare yourself for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3, which will feature Disney worlds from popular movies such as Tangled and Big Hero 6.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX will feature 1080p/60fps gameplay on regular PlayStation 4, while PlayStation 4 Pro users can experience the collection in 4K/60fps gameplay. The game will be available in Japan on March 9th 2017, while North America can expect to begin the adventure again on March 28th 2017 and Europe on March 31st 2017.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, and more

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
That quick transformation into Drive Form looks so good! It doesn't bother me too much since I've gotten used to pausing, but it's nice to see stuff like that is all fixed now.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Oh, thank god that drive form load time was fixed. I also want to know if the D-Link load time will be fixed; if that's fixed, I'll be all set for this collection.

mathk

Awards
never forget: this is the jp version... we still have to worry about the international release ._.

appleboy82791

Awards
never forget: this is the jp version... we still have to worry about the international release ._.

Why would the quality be any less in the international release? I'm sure it'll be just as good for the international release. There's no reason to think otherwise.

Anyway, this new footage looks so good! I can't wait!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh goood the drive times. ;_; I'm considering just getting the japanese version now. I mean, I already know the games enough to understand what I'm doing anyways, and like mathk said, we don't know in which ways they're gonna mess up the localization again.

Why would the quality be any less in the international release? I'm sure it'll be just as good for the international release. There's no reason to think otherwise.

Anyway, this new footage looks so good! I can't wait!

Have you seen the differences in the localized versions of KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 back when they released? It was a joke, the loading times were much longer than in Japanese, it had stupid freezes and incredibly long drive/D-link times.

appleboy82791

Awards
Have you seen the differences in the localized versions of KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 back when they released? It was a joke, the loading times were much longer than in Japanese, it had stupid freezes and incredibly long drive/D-link times.

I never knew there was such a big difference in the original versions for 1.5 and 2.5. Now I'm a bit worried.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Omg KH2 looks incredibly good. I always said KH2 would be amazing in 60fps and now we're getting it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I never knew there was such a big difference in the original versions for 1.5 and 2.5. Now I'm a bit worried.

I mean, I want to believe that they learned from those mistakes back then, but I'm not convinced about that yet, and since our limited edition is such a joke anyways...

Muke

whatever
Awards
I mean, I want to believe that they learned from those mistakes back then, but I'm not convinced about that yet, and since our limited edition is such a joke anyways...
If you do buy the Japanese vers, tell me how and where you bough it. xD

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Yeah, I'm remaining skeptical until I see the Japanese D-Link AND then see full English gameplay of the D-Link and Drive Forms. Especially that D-Link - so much time waiting for it to load just for a lame set of attacks that I only use for EXP farming.

Yeah, I'd remain skeptical, and keep your receipt if you're planning on buying it. I have faith that it'll be a little bit better than it was in the horrendous original release of 2.5 Remix, but I'd still keep a watchful eye out for any bullshit you experience in gameplay.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If you do buy the Japanese vers, tell me how and where you bough it. xD

I'm probably gonna get the PSN-version cause I'm too lazy and too cheap to import. Sure, it'd be nice, but all dem munneys. ;_;

dbG33K

I'm probably gonna get the PSN-version cause I'm too lazy and too cheap to import. Sure, it'd be nice, but all dem munneys. ;_;

Oddly, it still isn't available on the JPN PSN. Guess the store update hasn't hit yet over there.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I guess you mean the JP PSN? How would you buy the Yen PSN-cards, though?

EDIT: ah, okay, your post wasn't posted when i typed this. xD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I guess you mean the JP PSN? How would you buy the Yen PSN-cards, though?

EDIT: ah, okay, your post wasn't posted when i typed this. xD

You can get JP PSN-cards on Play Asia, I know that much, but ugh...still can't read all that shit. xD

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

You're being way too pessimistic. Square Enix Japan are now working on debugging the international versions of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix as the Japanese version is retail ready. Pretty sure that three and a half weeks is more than enough to fix the issues that the English versions had.

Don't waste your money on the Japanese version, because if the international version ends up being adequate then you've just wasted your money on two iterations of the same collection.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Oh goood the drive times. ;_; I'm considering just getting the japanese version now. I mean, I already know the games enough to understand what I'm doing anyways, and like mathk said, we don't know in which ways they're gonna mess up the localization again.

The Drive/D-Link problems were just as bad in the Japanese version.
Hopefully they fixed the music glitches in KH1FM.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
You're being way too pessimistic. Square Enix Japan are now working on debugging the international versions of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix as the Japanese version is retail ready. Pretty sure that three and a half weeks is more than enough to fix the issues that the English versions had.

Don't waste your money on the Japanese version, because if the international version ends up being adequate then you've just wasted your money on two iterations of the same collection.

Uhm, no, I'm not. I've played KH2 FM enough times and encountered enough problems to say that that's not "too pessimistic".

Also why would I "waste" money if I'm not gonna get the EU-version then anyways? Why would I even have to get both?

The Drive/D-Link problems were just as bad in the Japanese version.

Funnily enough, I never experienced that, and all the people I know didn't either. :( There were problems, yes, but never as severe as in the EU version.

Precursor Mar

[video=youtube;t6MFR-gDIpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6MFR-gDIpY[/video]

I presume they were able to get around the physics issue present in the 60fps emulated versions of 2FM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back