• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Diamond Select Toys plan to release new Kingdom Hearts figures

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ventus85

I don't think many people are disagreeing with you since, you're assessment (demand = production), is most certainly correct.

Not that this is breaking news, but my contacts who attended NYTF and were told by SE that they "hear fan's demands regarding Terra/Ventus" also asked SE why they don't make smaller figures of more obscure characters. The example he used was Saix (he's not a huge KH-buff) and was told "they don't feel there is a demand for those characters."

So when any character gets made, it's probably a mix of publicity and fan demand. Terra/Ven would probably be in preparation for their continued story (KH3) and because fan's demand. However, it's not exclusively because a few hundred fans sent letters to them. Here's a petition I found that has over 1000 signatures on it asking for specific FFVII Play Arts figures...as far as I can tell, these figures were never made.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ffviiiplayarts/

That being said, don't give up and keep trying. Better to try than regret what could have been.

This depends on what you view as a "complete set." Just because you view Aqua/Terra/Ven as a complete set doesn't mean SE does. For example, the original Play Arts release of KH2 Sora/KH2 Kairi never had a KH2 Riku come out. They later released KH1 Sora/KH1 Riku, but never released KH1 Kairi. Wouldn't Sora/Riku/Kairi be a "complete set?"

Now with this Play Arts Kai line they have released KH2 Sora Normal/Limit/Final/Halloweentown. Are Valor/Wisdom/Master/Christmastown/Anti a "complete set?" In my opinion, I don't think Aqua HAS to come with Terra and Ventus given she's headlined 2 stories on her own now (0.2 + Secret Episode).

Yes i know, that the normal Play Arts Figures never had a Riku. But if i remember correctly, when i was younger, i also wrote
Square Enix already, and asked them to do a Riku and Final Fantasy 9: Zidane and Garnet.

Years later - i have already given up hope, they indeed released Zidane and Garnet!
I grabbed them immediately.

But iam also happy, that other Company will fill the "Gap" that Square can not!

I will wait for this Heartless and Flower Figures, and Nobodys from Diamond Select, and i will buy MORE than one to build
a little Army. The only Missing piece that remains in the End will be Master Xehanort / Xemnas / Ansem to finally complete
an epic Battle Set.

I also understand, why Square says "no need for other Organization Characters"
I also never liked the rest...do not like Demyx or Saix, or that Larxene.
There were only there to be Killed by my Hands - no Important Role for the Story in my Opinion.

But iam happy that they hear the Fans about Terra and Ventus.
Here is the official Email for Square Enix again, that i was told to use for Questions

enquiry@square-enix.com

Everybody who has wishes - try, it only takes a few Minutes of your Life, and raises the Chance to see certain Characters
made as Play Arts Kai.

Of course, i have to say: it would be more easier, if Square Enix would tell us how they "Gather" Informations
or Fans wishes or in General i would like to know how Companies like Diamond Select and Square gather Informations from Fans,
so they know what Fans want and what not.

I only know of Email and Forum so far.

Ventus85

I don't think many people are disagreeing with you since, you're assessment (demand = production), is most certainly correct.

Not that this is breaking news, but my contacts who attended NYTF and were told by SE that they "hear fan's demands regarding Terra/Ventus" also asked SE why they don't make smaller figures of more obscure characters. The example he used was Saix (he's not a huge KH-buff) and was told "they don't feel there is a demand for those characters."

So when any character gets made, it's probably a mix of publicity and fan demand. Terra/Ven would probably be in preparation for their continued story (KH3) and because fan's demand. However, it's not exclusively because a few hundred fans sent letters to them. Here's a petition I found that has over 1000 signatures on it asking for specific FFVII Play Arts figures...as far as I can tell, these figures were never made.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ffviiiplayarts/

That being said, don't give up and keep trying. Better to try than regret what could have been.

This depends on what you view as a "complete set." Just because you view Aqua/Terra/Ven as a complete set doesn't mean SE does. For example, the original Play Arts release of KH2 Sora/KH2 Kairi never had a KH2 Riku come out. They later released KH1 Sora/KH1 Riku, but never released KH1 Kairi. Wouldn't Sora/Riku/Kairi be a "complete set?"

Now with this Play Arts Kai line they have released KH2 Sora Normal/Limit/Final/Halloweentown. Are Valor/Wisdom/Master/Christmastown/Anti a "complete set?" In my opinion, I don't think Aqua HAS to come with Terra and Ventus given she's headlined 2 stories on her own now (0.2 + Secret Episode).

I know that the normal Play Arts were incomplete, because Riku was missing.

But i remember, when i was younger / Years ago, i have also asked Square for an Riku Figure
and Final Fantasy 9 Play Arts Zidane and Garnet.

Years have passed, and i had already given up hope - and then Play Arts FF9 Zidane and
Garnet were released!

I can understand when Square Enix says "There is no need for other Organization Members"
because i also think that way, i do not like the rest at all
I do not like Saix, Demyx or Larxene, they are not even Important for the Story, and i was happy
when these Characters were defeated and removed from the Story.

Iam glad that Diamond Select will fill the "Gap" with Enemies, because Square is to stupid to do this.

I think i will buy more than one from these Heartless / Flower / Nobodys to make a little Army.

The only missing piece then is Master Xehanort / Ansem / Xemnas for an epic Battle Display.

Iam happy that Square Enix hears the Fans demands for Ventus and Terra, what Kupo1121 says.

What i would like to know is: how DOES Square Enix / other Companies gather these Informations????
I mean HOW do they hear Fans demands for certain Figures???

The only Methods i know from is Email Message from Fans (What i say) and Forum.

I can only say - send Square a short Mail (See this thread) it only takes a few Minutes of your Life,
and raises the Chance to be certain Figures to be released.

ZachOut

Everyone's opinion is valid, no need for name-callng, but isn't there a Square Enix thread for these kind of PAK conversations? I was psyched someone had started a thread about our line, and here it is mostly PAK dicussion.

Line is KH2 only, I believe, but we'll see.

Minimates are the 2-inch block figures, fully poseable. NBX and Muppets lines already exist, POTC 5 is coming. Toy Fair showed eight characters, but it was a mix of comic/specialty store and TRU releases. Specialty will have an exclusive Heartless army-builder with Jafar/Shadow Jafar, while TRU gets the Tron set. Others are shared.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Everyone's opinion is valid, no need for name-callng, but isn't there a Square Enix thread for these kind of PAK conversations? I was psyched someone had started a thread about our line, and here it is mostly PAK dicussion.

Line is KH2 only, I believe, but we'll see.

Minimates are the 2-inch block figures, fully poseable. NBX and Muppets lines already exist, POTC 5 is coming. Toy Fair showed eight characters, but it was a mix of comic/specialty store and TRU releases. Specialty will have an exclusive Heartless army-builder with Jafar/Shadow Jafar, while TRU gets the Tron set. Others are shared.

Bless you so much. We do indeed have a few active threads on PAKs and I recommend that everybody to go there to discuss such things.

Glad you are excited c: Perhaps if things go well, we'll be seeing another news article and thread for these products ;)

You said the plan was for the figures to be be four series, correct? They'd all be KH2?

I'm also wondering–in a general sense–how the licensing process works? Do you prototype as the pitch to licensors, or is it more like: pitch -> get the go ahead to prototype -> pitch prototypes -> get approved or denied to move forward with full production?

Or is that something that can't be disclosed to the public?

Ventus85

Yes is was a little bit Off-Topic, sorry for that!

But now, i want to tell ZachOut something, about the Heartless Figures:

I just saw, that there is an Heartless Figure beside the Jafar Figure, i did not saw it at first.

As i have mentioned, i hope that Diamond Select can fill the "Gap" with Enemies.

i REALLY would like to own a GOOD Articulated Dark Side (Big Shadow Heartless) Figure
or more of these Nobody Figures.

How i said, now that i saw the Flower, Nobody, Heartless Shadow Figure, i will buy
more than one, especially the small Shadow Heartless.

I could imagine, that some Collectors could re-create a AWESOME Skycraper Scene with the Figures,
now that Roxas in Black Outift has been released.

So yes, i indeed hope for more Heartless Figures from Diamond Select AND that these will be
available in a SINGLE Package as well, because iam not Interested in the Jafar or Maleficent Figure.

I would not buy them, if they are together in a 2 Pack, because i only want to buy
multiple Flowers, Heartless, Nobody Dusks, and not 5 Maleficents or 5 Jafars.

As seen before in this Thread, One Company already did this Years ago
1 Heartless + 1 Disney Figure.

A Huge Mistake in my Opinion, a bad Option for those People who are only interested in Heartless
Figures.

Last edited:

ZachOut

You said the plan was for the figures to be be four series, correct? They'd all be KH2?

I'm also wondering–in a general sense–how the licensing process works? Do you prototype as the pitch to licensors, or is it more like: pitch -> get the go ahead to prototype -> pitch prototypes -> get approved or denied to move forward with full production?

I believe all KH2, yes. And we would go to Disney (or they would come to us) to ask if there is interest/availability in a license for figures and Minimates, then we'd sign a contract with them for a certain guaranteed payment to them, based on our sales estimates. Then we'd submit a line plan, then 2-D artwork, then 3-D sculpts, then painted sculpts, then packaging. Then we go on to manufacturing. They approve every stage.

ZachOut

So yes, i indeed hope for more Heartless Figures from Diamond Select AND that these will be
available in a SINGLE Package as well, because iam not Interested in the Jafar or Maleficent Figure.

I would not buy them, if they are together in a 2 Pack, because i only want to buy
multiple Flowers, Heartless, Nobody Dusks, and not 5 Maleficents or 5 Jafars.

As seen before in this Thread, One Company already did this Years ago
1 Heartless + 1 Disney Figure.

A Huge Mistake in my Opinion, a bad Option for those People who are only interested in Heartless
Figures.

No plans to release Heartless figures solo, that I am aware of. Some of the more popular named characters may get solo releases, but the Heartless are bonus pack-ins for the larger deluxe sets and will only be available there.

ZachOut

I think we're getting ready to solicit to retailers with official images in the next month or so, but I'll keep you all posted. If we do they will likely be on display at C2E2 in April.

Neo_

Awards
Awesome. As long as they're in the pipeline, I'll remain patient, optimistic and excited! :smile:

KingMickey626

Wow, this post has made my day! These Dimond select figures look awesome, if they are anything like the Marvel Select figures, they will be perfectly sculpted!

KingMickey626

@ZachOut, can you confirm the possibility of these figures, are they static or have points of articulation?

ZachOut

They are fully articulated action figures.

A picture of what we have at C2E2, paint not final. You can see some of the articulation, at the shoulders, elbows hips, etc. Not everyone will have the same amount, just due to size and how easy it is to hide in the sculpt, but I would expect to see 8-16 in the character figures, and little or none in the heartless figures.

C942lokVoAAln74.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They are fully articulated action figures.

A picture of what we have at C2E2, paint not final. You can see some of the articulation, at the shoulders, elbows hips, etc. Not everyone will have the same amount, just due to size and how easy it is to hide in the sculpt, but I would expect to see 8-16 in the character figures, and little or none in the heartless figures.

C942lokVoAAln74.jpg
Hey Zach, do you mind if I share this image on our Twitter account? I'm assuming since you can post photos now that it's no longer under any NDA's etc.?

ZachOut

I think I already posted it on our Twitter account, @collectdst. Feel free to use it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think I already posted it on our Twitter account, @collectdst. Feel free to use it.
Thanks Zach, I shared the tweet :)

I hope they get approved with final paint, I really like these figures!

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I just saw this elsewhere and came here to say they're looking pretty good! Especially Mickey imo

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
A lot of people have already been vocal about it online, but Sora's face DEFINITELY needs some work. I do like how the Soldier, Shadow and Dusk look. And from the angle Mickey is at, he looks pretty good as well. But Sora's face looks like he just found out who the Pres of the US is, and Axel (or is it Lea?) is too far outta shot to really be able to tell if he's okay or not. He just looks kinda meh from where he is.

But that being said, I'd buy the Mickey and the creatures in a heartbeat for my nephew. They're pretty good.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Ahaha Sora's face is hilariously bad but at least the Soldier looks pretty good. Though I guess I should be glad there isn't a perfect beautiful high quality 10/10 accurate KH figure because then I'd have to buy it.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Thanks for sharing Zach! I will admit that Sora's face does look a bit off, but everyone else looks really good. Mickey looks like he has improved a lot, and the heartless and nobody looks fantastic! Axel look quite good based on this picture as well. I'm really looking forward to these!

Also, isn't that a Sora minimate/vinimate behind the nobody? Could we get a clear picture of that?

Back