• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Tokyo Ghoul

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Re: Tokyo Ghoul - 5th Anniversary 8/9/16

Yes well, basically all his art is digital. But the technique he uses to make them look the way they do, is to use lots of textures, and paint with custom brushes. Aand some filters.

I agree on the ending cards, I absolutely love them. And the song, one of my favorites ever. Together with Ishida's art it's just perfection.

Yamuraiha

Awards

Did he really draw all that?! It's pretty sick! I didn't know he did paintings or drawings from other characters from different manga. Is there like a certain technique he uses that make his paintings come out that way?

He actually does that a lot, drawing characters from other manga. I mean he did the side story/origin story of Hisoka from HxH and he likes shoujo manga, he drew fanart of the Ore Monogatari characters and this manga called Honey I believe? Aside from working on his own manga he worked on the card deck too, the calendar .. redrew the beginning of TG and somehow finds time to stream and play video games LOL

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

^

Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Some small news about the upcoming live-action movie. There was a preview of a longer interview from Kubota Masataka, Kaneki`s actor in a magazine. That small preview has been translated and Kubota has some interesting comments about how he approached this role: https://tgreuniverse.tumblr.com/post/157436475102/how-prepared-is-masataka-kubota-to-bring-on-tokyo

Another picture of Kubota as Ken: Kubota Masataka | 窪田正孝 in CUT 2017年3月号 ... - Save the data I am liking a lot of how they made Kubota look. During the first chapters and volumes, Ken is really pale and he has this sick/not doing well kinda of feeling surrounding him. Those small photos give me the same impression.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

^Yeah, he really looks perfect for the role. I love those pics anyway, really good shots, the lighting is so good and the mood is somehow very similar to Ishida's artwork. Impressive.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

^ Yeah, I can imagine pale Kubota in Kaneki`s small and dark apartment coming to the realization that he can`t eat human food anymore, and starting to compare his situation to Kafka`s Metamorphosis.

A few months ago they also showed a few photos that are very likely from the book signing session that Kaneki never went to in the beginning. I hope it means that Takatsuki might make a small cameo in the movie, that would be awesome.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

New chapter is out and it´s probably one of the most f`ed up chapters in a long while. o_O I love it.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

So can anybody explain to what this is?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

^

Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Ooooh boy the fandom is in a mess because of this chapter. It usually is after anything related to Tooru comes up ... Most of the time I am looking forward to the discussion that usually start to pop after a new chapter, but now I am more afraid than excited.

raw

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Ooooh boy the fandom is in a mess because of this chapter. It usually is after anything related to Tooru comes up ... Most of the time I am looking forward to the discussion that usually start to pop after a new chapter, but now I am more afraid than excited.

Yeeah I've already seen quite a lot of controversy over this chapter, some people seem to be very upset about this and are even dropping the manga. I kind of get where some of them are coming from but I also think there's so much overreacting happening, as always. I just hope people remember to stay constructive instead of going full attack mode and sending death threats and whatnot that has been happening before. Please have chill. Criticism is allowed and I think it's overall fine to question artists and the limits of artistic freedom if you have a problem with something, but some people just go waaay overboard immediately and it's sad that artists have to deal with it. In the end it's still his work.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

@catcake Yeah I knew it was his Kakuja, it just looks...really weird, like what's with the head?
@hemmoheikkinen Meh, this is what kinda makes Tokyo Ghoul Tokyo Ghoul. It's a bunch of really gritty and hard to look at shit.
But I'll be the first to say it so here it goes:
*INHALE*
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now that that's out of the way, what did you guys think? I was okay with this one. Kakuja on Kakuja? Now this is why I'm a fan!

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

^ Can you please spoiler that, we have at least one person who comes here sometimes who's still reading the original manga and isn't up to the latest :re chapters yet!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Yeeah I've already seen quite a lot of controversy over this chapter, some people seem to be very upset about this and are even dropping the manga. I kind of get where some of them are coming from but I also think there's so much overreacting happening, as always. I just hope people remember to stay constructive instead of going full attack mode and sending death threats and whatnot that has been happening before. Please have chill. Criticism is allowed and I think it's overall fine to question artists and the limits of artistic freedom if you have a problem with something, but some people just go waaay overboard immediately and it's sad that artists have to deal with it. In the end it's still his work.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Ahhh the joys of being a casual TG fan and not being completely oblivious to fandumb discourse.

While I'm in no way surprised that trans advocates in the fandom are going off, I'll just repeat what I said to a friend yesterday:
just speaking as a person who's watched an actual trans person up close and personal... Tooru is definitely not all that. She doesn't seem to have that *desire* to actually be more physically masculine for the sake of it. She mostly wants to avoid "male gaze" and other things that remind her of her really horrible childhood... for obvious reasons. This isn't a gender ID issue, it's a matter of really, REALLY nasty repressed memories that have EVERYTHING to do with Tooru being homicidally insane and unstable.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

I am way too far in the deep end to be a casual fan of TG anymore. But ehh, in the end this storm will eventually calm down like the rest before it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back