• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua Play Arts Kai from KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
About freaking time there's an Aqua one!

S.Gill17

Yes! She's finally getting a Play Arts Kai figure! My favourite character! Thank you SE! Now to start saving.

I really hope this is a prototype, her face doesn't look right. Other than that, the detail is incredible.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes! She's finally getting a Play Arts Kai figure! My favourite character! Thank you SE! Now to start saving.

I really hope this is a prototype, her face doesn't look right. Other than that, the detail is incredible.

She is definitely a prototype. There are a lot of paint errors and rough bits around the joints.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Some exciting, speculative news from NY Toy Fair 2017! My brother is currently there as a press attendee and, beyond getting to see the Aqua PAK in-person (photos below), he was told by a SENA staffer that, I'm paraphrasing: "SE hears the fan's requests for a Terra and Ventus Play Arts Kai and they may be coming soon." Of course this remains speculative because it's not an official announcement, but it is a very good sign of what's to come.

Multiple photos of Aqua below:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Some exciting, speculative news from NY Toy Fair 2017! My brother is currently there as a press attendee and, beyond getting to see the Aqua PAK in-person (photos below), he was told by a SENA staffer that, I'm paraphrasing: "SE hears the fan's requests for a Terra and Ventus Play Arts Kai and they may be coming soon." Of course this remains speculative because it's not an official announcement, but it is a very good sign of what's to come.

Multiple photos of Aqua below:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I need this PAK so baaadlyyyy. ;_;

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
"SE hears the fan's requests for a Terra and Ventus Play Arts Kai and they may be coming soon."

I really hope this comes to fruition. Visually, TAV is my favorite trio. I love their designs, their pauldrons, and they haven't been done to death like some of the other characters. I would like to hope that Aqua (sales) might be the breakthrough we need to secure the other two. Though, I'm setting my sights low and expecting nothing for my heart's sake~ </3

Charlie K

Back in Business
You know what would be great? A Terra figure with an alternate TerraNort head, and Master Xehanort's keyblade. Two characters for the price of one! Maybe not so likely, but it'd still be pretty awesome. I have yet to buy any of the figures, but I have had my eye on Org. Roxas for quite some time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I really want dat Water Queen!

Also yes for the possibility of getting the boys as well.
I'd hope though they all will become available in the EU too, or else one would probably have to look at PlayAsia or something similar.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Really really hoping this will be available in the EU <3
Getting the other boys would be extremely nice, though I wouldn't buy them. Still, more characters is always good!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Really really hoping this will be available in the EU <3
Getting the other boys would be extremely nice, though I wouldn't buy them. Still, more characters is always good!

I can't think of a single person that'd buy a solo Ventus figure xD

Maybe I should create a Ventus fanclub? I mean, I wouldn't be a member, but still, there's gotta be someone, right?

Muke

whatever
Awards

Maybe I should create a Ventus fanclub? I mean, I wouldn't be a member, but still, there's gotta be someone, right?
Why wouldn't people want to buy one? He does seem to have many fans, not as much as Aqua, but still.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Why wouldn't people want to buy one? He does seem to have many fans, not as much as Aqua, but still.

I don't know, but out of the two identical looking faces in the series I'd just go with Roxas honestly :p It was a long time coming for him to get an organization coat figure honestly, and Ventus isn't nearly as popular a character as Aqua or Sora, or Riku are, you know? But I agree that I have no qualms with more Play Arts Kai figurines being made, especially if they're the Birth by Sleep characters :) Honestly, all I need is my Vanitas and Eraqus figures and I'd be the happiest Kingdom Hearts fan alive :D

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I hope they'll also include her Stormfall (or Brightcrest) and Master Eraqus' Keyblade in the box.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I hope they'll also include her Stormfall (or Brightcrest) and Master Eraqus' Keyblade in the box.
Agreed! While I really like Eraqus' Keyblade's design, I love Aqua's Keyblades a lot more. I also remember there being 2 extra Keyblades for the DDD PAKs, so there's hope!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If I had a Sora Play Arts Kai, I'd be hoping for a Donald and Goofy figure set to complete my shelf, personally

Midori

Awards

If I had the money, I would definitely buy a Ventus figure. :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Wut?
After thinking about it I could probably name a dozen at least on this forum alone, not even counting the whole outside fanbase.

There exists a Ventus-fanclub in the fanclub section actually, but the user who founded it isn't active anymore as far as I can tell, there was even a first version of it that is a whopping 90 pages long:
Old Ventus Fanclub.

The new version of the club is even still on page 2 in the fanclub section, yet the activity in that section has been in a constant decline anyways and the founder of the second one also isn't really active anymore:
"Current" Version of the fanclub.

I don't know, but out of the two identical looking faces in the series I'd just go with Roxas honestly :p It was a long time coming for him to get an organization coat figure honestly, and Ventus isn't nearly as popular a character as Aqua or Sora, or Riku are, you know? But I agree that I have no qualms with more Play Arts Kai figurines being made, especially if they're the Birth by Sleep characters :) Honestly, all I need is my Vanitas and Eraqus figures and I'd be the happiest Kingdom Hearts fan alive :D

Roxas is certainly more well-known to the wider fanbase including the casuals due to being in one of the numbered big console games (Ventus' appearances outside of Birth by Sleep are so far nothing more than mere cameos, in 0.2 he doesn't even have a single line while in DDD his one spoken line is one of the three questions towards Riku in the finale), but that doesn't mean Ven hasn't got his own share of fans and admirers when one looks at fanworks/-arts around the net.
True, when looking at Sora and Aqua those two might be universally more popular, but I would be cautious with saying the same about Riku since I remember he's only so massively popular in the western fanbase, in the japanese and more eastern fanbase he isn't even among the top five (those being Sora, Roxas, Axel, Aqua, Terra with both Ventus and Kairi coming behind Terra although I don't remember who's 6th and who 7th).

If I had the money, I would definitely buy a Ventus figure. :D

Me too, lol.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd swoop up TAV so fast. Terra isn't even on my top 5, but I need the three of them

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Luckily Ven shares the same face as Roxas so they mostly just need to worry about the body/clothes and Keyblade. But hopefully they will make Terra and Ven in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back