• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the 7th Guardian of Light already confirmed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
So, I was watching through the ending cutscenes of Dream Drop Distance again today, and I found an interesting little tidbit that I haven't personally heard referenced before. There's always a lot of speculation about who the seven lights will be, and, while most people can agree that the first six members are Sora, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Terra, and Ventus, there's always been tons of speculation about who the last guardian of light could be. Some have said Lea, some have said Kairi, and some have even posed Roxas, Xion, or freaking Ephemer or Skuld in the craziest theories. However, watching the secret ending, I came across a special tidbit following the wording of the text introducing each of these scenes. Listen closely to what these sections are titled:

The darkness awakens

[Plays clip of Young Xehanort on the Destiny Islands]

The light in the darkness

[Plays clip of Aqua in End of Sea]

Leads to the last key

[What we know as "Another Guardian of Light" introducing Kairi plays]

Now, notice something with the last two passages? The last passage actually serves to introduce Kairi's role in Kingdom Hearts III. If we are to interpret this passage literally, it seems that Yen Sid believes that she is the final key in their ranks as the guardians of light, which is why she is referred to as "the last key" in the title of the passage. I'm always trying to search for objective facts to follow in this series, so I believe that we should all take what we get here and possibly conclude from it that Nomura intends for her to be a guardian of light. If this is correct, I'm actually completely fine with it! Lea seems to be the type of wielder with his own agenda on top of helping out the guardians of light, a sort of free spirit, so it doesn't seem like he would actually be part of this official group. That isn't to say that there won't be keyblade wielders and regular heroes aside from this group fighting; Donald and Goofy pretty much have to be in the final battle no matter what at this point, and Roxas, Yen Sid, and Xion are keyblade wielders as well, so I'm sure they'll still be able to help out just as much as the guardians will help defeat the seekers (even if Yen Sid just "councils with the stars" again this game).

I don't know, just my two cents on the matter :)

Here's the video for anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about:

[video=youtube;_4MzZ34DO3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4MzZ34DO3c[/video]

P.S. Also, Nomura said that he's throwing us curveballs for III, so don't expect that just because Mickey and Yen Sid said it that Terra or even Ventus are guaranteed for the Guardians of Light. I'm just using that previous information to build upon something that's already been speculated about a bunch, that information could prove to be unreliable in the future :)

What do you guys think about this? Comment below, let me know C=

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I kinda thought it was consensus that the GoL going into KH3 were Riku, Sora, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, Lea and Kairi.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
My problem is that Nomura kinda likes to shock the fans, so he might want us to be perfectly sure that the GoL will be Sora, Riku, Mickey, Lea, Kairi, Ventus and Aqua, and then he'll come up with one way or another to shove a big "NO-NO" in our face to surprise us.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Oh yeah I'm sure that something will go down to shake things up, but, going into KH3, those are the lights.

I'm gonna be pissed when this shake up likely means that Kairi isn't one >___>

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I kinda thought it was consensus that the GoL going into KH3 were Riku, Sora, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, Lea and Kairi.

Eh, consensus isn't fact, though. I haven't seen evidence in the games that Yen Sid wants Lea as part of the guardians of light (wouldn't he have brought him up in Another Guardian of Light as a possibility aside TAV?), and I have a feeling that, by Terra, Xehanort means Terra-Xehanort, and that those two are going to be different... somehow. Again, it's a stretch, but I have a feeling Terra will come back in the form of the Lingering Will or something along the lines of that.

My problem is that Nomura kinda likes to shock the fans, so he might want us to be perfectly sure that the GoL will be Sora, Riku, Mickey, Lea, Kairi, Ventus and Aqua, and then he'll come up with one way or another to shove a big "NO-NO" in our face to surprise us.

Absolutely, like we'll think it's Sora, Mickey, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Aqua, and Terra (or Lea), and then he'll be like NOPE, IT'S SORA, EPHEMER, SKULD, XION, DONALD, GOOFY, AND JIMINY CRICKET AND THEY ALL HAVE KEYBLADES FOR SOME REASON IT'S NOT A RETCON AT ALL

COWER BEFORE THE JIMINY BLADE. ALL WHO FAIL TO SPEAK THE TRUTH SHALL BE RIGHTFULLY SMOTE BY THE WRATH OF THE CRICKET

Muke

whatever
Awards
About that, I still think Kairi will be a SoD, or at least, that's my theory. ish.
(yeah, I'm copy-pasting, sorry xD)
Don't expect a really fleshed-out theory with 100 analyses and why's and why not's, I'm really bad at this.

Xehanort: Hands off my new vessel.

Riku: "Vessel"?

Xehanort: Yes. We originally had our sights set on you. But, you developed a certain...resistance to darkness. So we did what the Keyblade did, and moved down the list.

(Riku stands up slowly)

Xehanort: Roxas... Now, there was a worthy candidate. But, unfortunately, he became too aware of himself and returned to Sora. Organization XIII's true goal is to divide Xehanort's heart among thirteen vessels. Thanks to you and Sora, we learned not all our candidates were fit for the task. But, we managed to make up the difference. And now, Sora, the thirteenth vessel, is within our grasp.

What is interesting to me is 'we did what the Keyblade did and moved down the list'. I interpret it as 'then we had our sights set on the next Keyblade Wielder, because we need one'.
Now, I don't know why they skipped Sora, went straight to Roxas (probably because Roxas would've been easier to nort, considering his heart wasn't really 'developed' at the time?) and jumped back to Sora again. But if we had to chronologically list Keyblade Wielders at the time they had the ability to summon/wield the Keyblade:

1. Riku
2. Sora
3. Roxas
4. Kairi
5. Lea

You see that, if we move down the list after the third person, we'd come to Kairi.
"But what about Xion", you might be asking. Well, I'm excluding her, considering nobody remembers her at the time.

I think Kairi will be the 13th Vessel. I know, all of this is really unconventional considering her situation as a Princess of Heart and her having no darkness in her heart, but: Everything Xehanort needs is a body. I'm sure Xehanort will find a way to have her lose her heart somehow. It happened in KH1, so who's to say it will not happen again?
And maybe, if it can't happen with THIS Kairi… who's to say Xehanort won't travel back in time and snatch KH1 Kairi? (not sure if this'd work, still kinda rusty with the time travel aspects…)

Also, I've never seen anybody list Kairi as a SoD.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Eh, consensus isn't fact, though. I haven't seen evidence in the games that Yen Sid wants Lea as part of the guardians of light
We don't really need him to spell it out. Xehanort reveals that they are two Guardians short (not counting Sora). The game ends with both Lea and Kairi becoming/being acknowledged as Keyblade wielders.

Yen Sid: To protect the seven pure hearts, we will need seven lights
strong enough to stand against the thirteen darknesses.

Mickey: So we're missing one guardian of light.

Here, Mickey is obviously including Lea among them, and not including Terra.

Yen Sid's plan in saving TAV is also not just for them to be Guardians of course. Yen Sid is seeking both TAV as well as the people Sora has to save (Roxas, Nami, Xion, DiZ) which obviously gives them greater numbers than 7 altogether. The big Feel for KH3 is that the only way to defeat Xehanort is for everyone to come together. The 7 specifically are just what is needed for the X-Blade.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
About that, I still think Kairi will be a SoD, or at least, that's my theory. ish.
(yeah, I'm copy-pasting, sorry xD)
Don't expect a really fleshed-out theory with 100 analyses and why's and why not's, I'm really bad at this.

What is interesting to me is 'we did what the Keyblade did and moved down the list'. I interpret it as 'then we had our sights set on the next Keyblade Wielder, because we need one'.
Now, I don't know why they skipped Sora, went straight to Roxas (probably because Roxas would've been easier to nort, considering his heart wasn't really 'developed' at the time?) and jumped back to Sora again. But if we had to chronologically list Keyblade Wielders at the time they had the ability to summon/wield the Keyblade:

1. Riku
2. Sora
3. Roxas
4. Kairi
5. Lea

You see that, if we move down the list after the third person, we'd come to Kairi.
"But what about Xion", you might be asking. Well, I'm excluding her, considering nobody remembers her at the time.

I think Kairi will be the 13th Vessel. I know, all of this is really unconventional considering her situation as a Princess of Heart and her having no darkness in her heart, but: Everything Xehanort needs is a body. I'm sure Xehanort will find a way to have her lose her heart somehow. It happened in KH1, so who's to say it will not happen again?
And maybe, if it can't happen with THIS Kairi… who's to say Xehanort won't travel back in time and snatch KH1 Kairi? (not sure if this'd work, still kinda rusty with the time travel aspects…)

Also, I've never seen anybody list Kairi as a SoD.

Someone's gotta be the first!

I find that unlikely since Xehanort's plan also does involve the princesses of heart. If he made her a vessel, where would he get his 7th heart of pure light? Maybe a plot twist in that situation would be for Xehanort to seize Ventus and make him act as a princess of heart in that situation? That's working a bit much though to come to a conclusion that could already be reached just by using Kairi herself as a princess, you know? I don't know, I'd be fine with a twist like that nevertheless :)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Also, they ditched Riku because he was immune to the darkness. A PoH would, presumably, also not be a good fit for them?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
We don't really need him to spell it out. Xehanort reveals that they are two Guardians short (not counting Sora). The game ends with both Lea and Kairi becoming/being acknowledged as Keyblade wielders.

Yen Sid: To protect the seven pure hearts, we will need seven lights
strong enough to stand against the thirteen darknesses.

Mickey: So we're missing one guardian of light.

Here, Mickey is obviously including Lea among them, and not including Terra.

Yen Sid's plan in saving TAV is also not just for them to be Guardians of course. Yen Sid is seeking both TAV as well as the people Sora has to save (Roxas, Nami, Xion, DiZ) which obviously gives them greater numbers than 7 altogether. The big Feel for KH3 is that the only way to defeat Xehanort is for everyone to come together. The 7 specifically are just what is needed for the X-Blade.

Mickey has his heart set out on saving Terra, though. In 0.2 Yen Sid says that it is time to awaken the three that faced a horrible fate 11 years ago, not the two. I think that makes it pretty clear that they haven't given up on him yet.

EDIT: Reading a little closer, that's not what you meant. I apologize. I just interpret that as making him a guardian, if people think they'd still be able to fit Lea into that then that makes enough sense too.

palizinhas

Awards
I would hope using them as Guardians of Light isn't the only reason Yen Sid wants TAV to be saved (though his "for they have more to achieve" part didn't exactly give me a lot of confidence he cares about these people lol). They totally want to save Terra, doesn't mean they think it can be done before the fight against Xehanort, since he said Terra belonged to him. Lea is just a more likely option than him by this point, and there will definitely be more than 7 people fighting anyway, unless Sora ditches Donald and Goofy.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I would hope using them as Guardians of Light isn't the only reason Yen Sid wants TAV to be saved (though his "for they have more to achieve" part didn't exactly give me a lot of confidence he cares about these people lol). They totally want to save Terra, doesn't mean they think it can be done before the fight against Xehanort, since he said Terra belonged to him. Lea is just a more likely option than him by this point, and there will definitely be more than 7 people fighting anyway, unless Sora ditches Donald and Goofy.

He did say their fates were sad, they're not saving Aqua because she's a soldier or anything. It's just an added bonus. What big use would saving Namine be in the final fight? Practically nothing, but she's going to be saved according to coded.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
He did say their fates were sad, they're not saving Aqua because she's a soldier or anything. It's just an added bonus. What big use would saving Namine be in the final fight? Practically nothing, but she's going to be saved according to coded.
u'll be eatin ya words when it turns out the climax of kh3 is nami diving into xehanort's memories and makin him good in order to save the worldddd

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
u'll be eatin ya words when it turns out the climax of kh3 is nami diving into xehanort's memories and makin him good in order to save the worldddd

Or Nomura will be in a super artsy fartsy mood and the true villain will be Sora's neglected left sock or whatever and Sora needs to defeat it once and for all because of the hurting hurt hurt that hurts inside

*insert flashy flash flash dynamic flashy action here*

*insert may your heart be your guiding key line here*

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd argue that Kairi is out of the question because even if they managed to somehow steal her heart again, I always interpreted Xehanort needs some form of "darkness" in a body that his own heart can attach to, otherwise it doesn't work. It's more like a head-canon, but that'd at least go along with YX telling Riku that he's unfit because he's "immune to darkness".

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'd argue that Kairi is out of the question because even if they managed to somehow steal her heart again, I always interpreted Xehanort needs some form of "darkness" in a body that his own heart can attach to, otherwise it doesn't work. It's more like a head-canon, but that'd at least go along with YX telling Riku that he's unfit because he's "immune to darkness".

Speaking of head-canon, maybe the 13th vessel is Vexen Replica #44 *puts tin foil hat on*

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
honestly a super artsy dive into xehanort's memories with a strong art style (nami's pencil crayon drawings perhaps?) would actually be super dope and cool and now im sad it aint real

big_1471654719_image.jpg

everything lookin like this scene ;-;

i completely agree

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I feel as though that the Seven Guardians of Light are fairly easy to figure out.

Sora
Riku
Kairi
Aqua
Lea
Roxas
Mickey

I've intentionally selected Roxas as opposed to Ventus because I feel that Sora would find the Key to Return Hearts and make Roxas a complete being. Plus, Ventus is being heavily hinted to be a possessed Seeker of Darkness with his affiliation with Vanitas and the 0.2 Birth by Sleep opening.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I feel as though that the Seven Guardians of Light are fairly easy to figure out.

Sora
Riku
Kairi
Aqua
Lea
Roxas
Mickey

I've intentionally selected Roxas as opposed to Ventus because I feel that Sora would find the Key to Return Hearts and make Roxas a complete being. Plus, Ventus is being heavily hinted to be a possessed Seeker of Darkness with his affiliation with Vanitas and the 0.2 Birth by Sleep opening.

Um... what? The opening is just a summary of Birth by Sleep. And no, there's like physically no way Xehanort could get to Ventus unless Aqua literally held the door open for him, and that sure as sh*t isn't likely to happen. I think Roxas will appear in the game, just not as a guardian is all. When has it been hinted that Xehanort is going after Ventus? He already has 12/13 of the seekers, and he tried Ventus an awful long time ago. He would have corrected Mickey and said that two of yours belong to me now if his intentions were to trap Roxas as well, wouldn't he have? Why would he have only gone with Terra then? I don't know, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back