• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Problems getting game to run

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penny

Hi I'm now on my second brand new copy of the game and it keeps freezing and coming up with an error message saying the disc cannot be read. Has anyone else had this problem. Is there some setting or something that needs adjusting to make it work. Grateful for any pointers.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hi I'm now on my second brand new copy of the game and it keeps freezing and coming up with an error message saying the disc cannot be read. Has anyone else had this problem. Is there some setting or something that needs adjusting to make it work. Grateful for any pointers.

Is your firmware the newest version? Did you download the patches from the Store?

Penny

Downloaded all the updates it took ages. By firmware do you mean for the ps4 itself?

Penny

We have checked the PS4 has the latest software update which it does. It plays all my sons other games with no problem. We have now been able to get as far as the first trophy (2% of the game) at which point it again popped up with the error message. Tried restarting. It allowed us to continue for a few minutes and then crashed again. My son is really upset as am I. :frown:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well, you could try deleting the game data or the software if you downloaded it off of the Store, then install it again?
I'm not a profi, but maybe that would help?

Penny

We tried that. It's an official disc. We returned the first one as it had this fault and we believed the disc to be faulty. We deleted everything related to it off the PS4 before trying the new disc and are still having the same problem so I suspect it's not the physical disc but something else. So frustrating.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Then something with your PS4 seems faulty…
Anyway, I'm sorry for you guys and hope you can resolve this soon.

Penny

Thanks. I'll contact square Enix support once they are open tomorrow. Hopefully they can help.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Maybe you should also call Sony Support if something like that exists.

Penny

It does and I will contact them if needed but the PS4 has no problems with any other game or disc so not sure what they could do.

SkeithTheTerror

Have you tried disconnecting your PS4 from the internet and reconnecting it? This may sound ridiculous, but I've had the same problem you described twice while playing other games and somehow that fixed it

Penny

Have you tried disconnecting your PS4 from the internet and reconnecting it? This may sound ridiculous, but I've had the same problem you described twice while playing other games and somehow that fixed it
You're a star!This appears to have solved the problem.Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back