• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX Boxart Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think we ought to extend our arms to SE: our dialogue really got out of hand regarding their mistake-- there's never any need to point fingers; especially considering the fact that they have us in their palm with their franchise-- their games are always two thumbs up and we always hand them our money

Yamuraiha

Awards
No offense but that cover just looks really bad to me. There is just way too much going on and the pattern somehow doesn't help.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Saw this one on reddit, thought it looked pretty cool! It's a shame that Square Enix isn't willing to take even a little bit of time to make a new cover, but I don't blame them.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I love the cover. It's representative of what the game is, a simple collection of two major remasters. I'd hate to have a unique cover for this collection because it'd undermine the 1.5 and 2.5 covers for PlayStation 3.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I love the cover. It's representative of what the game is, a simple collection of two major remasters. I'd hate to have a unique cover for this collection because it'd undermine the 1.5 and 2.5 covers for PlayStation 3.
I just feel like it's so ugly and lazy. They could've added a transition from the 1.5 cover to the 2.5 cover, like they did for the anniversary box. I liked the not-final version more.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Saw this one on reddit, thought it looked pretty cool! It's a shame that Square Enix isn't willing to take even a little bit of time to make a new cover, but I don't blame them.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That actually looks much better than the official design in the general shape and appearance.

The background in the lower part could be a little better to make it look less "cut & paste together" but the general idea is neat.

Plus it would be another chance for more Nomura-art.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I just feel like it's so ugly and lazy. They could've added a transition from the 1.5 cover to the 2.5 cover, like they did for the anniversary box. I liked the not-final version more.

Lazy? yes. Ugly? oh, far from it. It's literally simple and clean and gets the point across, this is a bundle of 1.5 + 2.5 for the PlayStation 4. I'd rather have this cover against something like this. This is the definition of ugly.

BACGOTYXBPS3.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lazy? yes. Ugly? oh, far from it. It's literally simple and clean and gets the point across, this is a bundle of 1.5 + 2.5 for the PlayStation 4. I'd rather have this cover against something like this. This is the definition of ugly.

BACGOTYXBPS3.jpg

Just because that is horrendous doesn't exclude this box from being considered ugly. Ugly is on a scale, and 1.5 + 2.5 is right on it. Just changing the art to fade into each other would have done wonders for the visual appeal of it.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Subjective, dude~ No point in telling me it's not ugly (other than stating your opinion, which I guess you're doing and not trying to change mine, so everything's fine).
It's ugly and looks badly fanmade imo. They should've faded pic 1 into pic 2 and it would've looked 1000 times better already, it's not even hard. Then they could've stretched it out a bit to fit into the whole case, or just blend something else over so it doesn't look ugly.

I would've preferred just the logo and the classic KH pattern over this.

Edit: Spocky ninja'd me

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Just because that is horrendous doesn't exclude this box from being considered ugly. Ugly is on a scale, and 1.5 + 2.5 is right on it. Just changing the art to fade into each other would have done wonders for the visual appeal of it.

Yeah, but Nomura explicitly stated that there will be no new artwork as it's defeatist of the symbolism provided by the 1.5 and 2.5 artwork. Sure, the whole transitioning idea may have worked, but at the same time, that also destroy's the original symbolism provided by the 1.5 and 2.5 by having a "reworked version".

But on a more personal note, it really is not ugly. I fail to see what's "ugly" about it? The background is just the various Kingdom Hearts symbols used in the franchise. The bottom half explains the specialty of the product and the two posters show what you're getting in the package.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, but Nomura explicitly stated that there will be no new artwork as it's defeatist of the symbolism provided by the 1.5 and 2.5 artwork. Sure, the whole transitioning idea may have worked, but at the same time, that also destroy's the original symbolism provided by the 1.5 and 2.5 by having a "reworked version".
Nobody wants new artwork though.
How does a transition defeat the originial symbolisms? (what symbolism, anyway?)

KingdomHearts1.523_thumb.jpg

They proved they can do it for the box. Why not just copy-paste this, minus 2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back