• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory on the fate of the Dandelions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgenstern

Awards
Okay I'm spoiler-tagging this thread just in case. Because this regards Ava's role and the metaphor the Master of Masters used (and BlackOpsery's thread and her bring up what a dandelion does in said thread inspired this theory).

It was mentioned that after the Keyblade War, there were children whose light was strong enough to restore the worlds, albeit at an incomplete state. It is also known that Ava's role was to gather a group for that purpose. The group being referred to as Dandelions. A Dandelion is a weed that blooms into seeds and scatters when blown away. The seeds then take root and become a new plant.

My theory is simple. The Dandelions, or most of them, after the war ended, became the hearts of the worlds in the present. And quite possibly a new Kingdom Hearts. What do you think?

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards
I think that it wasn't the hearts of the Dandelions, but the light within them brought certain worlds out of darkness. Also because it would have to be all Dandelions that follow that fate. And as far as we know, if the Player stills exists then so should Ephemer and Skuld. Which would mean the other Dandelions. But this IS Kingdom Hearts, and who knows what is going to happen next. Perhaps the Dandelions besides the three main characters are the hearts of the worlds now.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Hmm, chu hypothesis sounds similar to what I thought about KH before X came out. ( That Kingdom Hearts are just worlds that were remembered by children, as the real world ended long ago. Think about it, the physics and Disney characters being all cartoonish, ish what a kid would imagine, don't chu think?) So to me, the worlds were already made from the hearts of children to begin with.

Luxu

Awards
Hmm, chu hypothesis sounds similar to what I thought about KH before X came out. ( That Kingdom Hearts are just worlds that were remembered by children, as the real world ended long ago. Think about it, the physics and Disney characters being all cartoonish, ish what a kid would imagine, don't chu think?) So to me, the worlds were already made from the hearts of children to begin with.

Then we are going to need a lot of Dandelions...

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I always was confused about the terminology there. It's clear in the majority of the series that everyone calls them "children" that led to the universe being rebooted, BUT if they're going in the direction of the Dandelions how old are they? They certainly can't be our definition of "children" if they're the ones responsible for preserving the world after the Keyblade War. It's just a weird choice of words that's bothered me since the start.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
^ This is a series that started with a 14-year-old with cartoon animal companions saving everything. The Keykids look like they're a bit older than that, but not by much. Still in their teens, I'd bet.

I've had this same idea rolling around in my head for a while. Not just because of the Dandelion imagery, but also because everything related to the Keykids (their clothes, their hubworld, even their Keyblades) are star-themed. And as we all know, the stars in the night sky in the KH-verse are actually the light of the hearts of the worlds. That's been established since KH1.

I think it might be possible that the Dandelions might've helped spark the worlds' hearts rather than become the hearts themselves, though. It'd also explain why all the world hearts lie beyond a door with a Keyhole that can be locked only by a Keyblade...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ This is a series that started with a 14-year-old with cartoon animal companions saving everything. The Keykids look like they're a bit older than that, but not by much. Still in their teens, I'd bet.

I've had this same idea rolling around in my head for a while. Not just because of the Dandelion imagery, but also because everything related to the Keykids (their clothes, their hubworld, even their Keyblades) are star-themed. And as we all know, the stars in the night sky in the KH-verse are actually the light of the hearts of the worlds. That's been established since KH1.

I think it might be possible that the Dandelions might've helped spark the worlds' hearts rather than become the hearts themselves, though. It'd also explain why all the world hearts lie beyond a door with a Keyhole that can be locked only by a Keyblade...

I think you might be on to something with this, as the whole "setup" of all the doors, those leading to the heart of each and every world as well as the Door to Darkness, the Door to Light, the special characteristics of worlds like Radiant Garden and Land of Departure (which seem to be stabilizing "pillars" of the remaining Realm of Light as it was only after both were lost that shit started to really hit the fan) and stuff like the Keyholes could be a sort of "order system" set up by the Dandelions.

Morgenstern

Awards
I think you might be on to something with this, as the whole "setup" of all the doors, those leading to the heart of each and every world as well as the Door to Darkness, the Door to Light, the special characteristics of worlds like Radiant Garden and Land of Departure (which seem to be stabilizing "pillars" of the remaining Realm of Light as it was only after both were lost that shit started to really hit the fan) and stuff like the Keyholes could be a sort of "order system" set up by the Dandelions.

I noticed that the worlds seem to have two catagories: Disney worlds, and towns. Okay there are some outliers, but still, half the original worlds are towns. The Towns we know of, Radient Garden, Traverse Town and Twilight Town have a lot in common with Daybreak Town

• Twilight Town: Clocktower and general theme. (twilight. A period that can also include Daybreak)
  • Radiant Garden: Aesthetics. And its sky is the same pink-purple color as Daybreak Town
  • Traverse Town: its status as a collection of other worlds. Daybreak is where the Book of Prophecies' magic and simulations take place. And Traverse Town is a place made of the remnants of worlds taken by the Darkness
  • World that Never Was: Sort of an antithesis to the other three, Radiant Garden especially. A darker more metropolitan area with a giant castle floating over a Pit. Its starry sky is the same as Traverse Town, but replaces the welcoming atmospheres of any of the other towns with a more cynical cyberpunish one.

Under the scenario I presented (The Keykids becoming the hearts of the worlds), the appearance would had been chalked up to their memories of Daybreak Town of the simulations, explaining the appearances of most of the worlds I've listed I was about to add that to the OP, but I declined because I think that is the only case that could be explained without reaching. (The fail-safe BlackOpsery mentioned, a keyhole that needs the keyblade to lock, could had been put in place externally, as Aqua might demonstrate with the Master's Defender)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Bingo. We all know that Keyblades were originally created before the world was rebuilt post-Chi Era, and not even with the intention of saving worlds/keeping peace. It seems incredibly coincidental that the KH-verse as we know it is stabilized by a system made of literal locks and keys, and the Keyblade just so happens to be able to control all of it.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Under the scenario I presented (The Keykids becoming the hearts of the worlds), the appearance would had been chalked up to their memories of Daybreak Town of the simulations, explaining the appearances of most of the worlds I've listed I was about to add that to the OP, but I declined because I think that is the only case that could be explained without reaching. (The fail-safe BlackOpsery mentioned, a keyhole that needs the keyblade to lock, could had been put in place externally, as Aqua might demonstrate with the Master's Defender)

The main problem with this scenario is that there are millions of worlds (the starry sky in the KH Universe has many more visible stars than our own in the Milky Way galaxy) so the Dandelions literally becoming the hearts of the worlds is unlikely since I doubt that the Dandelions actually number in the millions.
Not only would it very unlikely to keep such a huge number of individuals hidden and largely undisturbed nor do I think that the Dandelions are/were actually a group that outnumbered the regular Unions of the five Foretellers.
Except of course if you want to insinuate that they all ripped their hearts into multiple pieces and each of those pieces developed into a world heart over time, opening up the possibility that worlds with a similar theme/environment were created from a piece of the same heart.

Bingo. We all know that Keyblades were originally created before the world was rebuilt post-Chi Era, and not even with the intention of saving worlds/keeping peace. It seems incredibly coincidental that the KH-verse as we know it is stabilized by a system made of literal locks and keys, and the Keyblade just so happens to be able to control all of it.

Correct, that's another thing that strikes one when looking at the whole picture. The current system of checks and balances in order to keep the Realm of Light as it is afloat is centered an awfully lot around the Keyblades.
One might certainly question the wisdom of such an decision considering that the whole system can be easily largely dismantled and misused on many occasions if you have an evil nutjub like Xehanort tinkering with it who also has one of the aforementioned Keyblades.

Luxu

Awards
Correct, that's another thing that strikes one when looking at the whole picture. The current system of checks and balances in order to keep the Realm of Light as it is afloat is centered an awfully lot around the Keyblades.
One might certainly question the wisdom of such an decision considering that the whole system can be easily largely dismantled and misused on many occasions if you have an evil nutjub like Xehanort tinkering with it who also has one of the aforementioned Keyblades.

...Well, what do we expect from a couple kids/teens. I don't really think Poutymer or Skuld even had a say to begin with. Or the other Dandelions planned a whole lock system out that was based on Keyblades while Poutymer and Skuld where worried about their friend. The Dandelions most likely thought a bunch of locks was a great idea, and put it in place before they went back to sleep.

Or I have an even better idea, if the Dandelions DID make the locks in place. It could have only been temporary or at least they could come up with a better idea for a system to guard the hearts.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh, the system's definitely vulnerable, but it's unlikely the Dandelions had much of a choice about this. I like to think about it like this: the Keyblades are the screwdrivers used to assemble the KH-verse as we know it today, and made it possible to keep everything in place. Of course, by this logic, Keyblades can also be used to disassemble the universe too, which Xehanort has demonstrated many times.

This might be the reason why certain wielders might've established mini-Jedi Orders in the first place, so they could monitor both the worlds themselves AND any who possess a Keyblade. Obviously, this system wasn't foolproof (because Xehanort exists) but it was as good of an attempt as any.

As for why Keyblades had to be used in the first place, I figure their property of "conquering light" might've had something to do with it. It's an assumption, but I'd imagine if it can conquer light, it can control or channel it to some degree as well. And in the hands of a talented wielder, who knows what potential this property might have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back