• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
You know the song that plays when Mickey finds the KKD is the song that plays when Aqua is about to fight venitas, where we first see a relatively completed X-blade... :)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
You know the song that plays when Mickey finds the KKD is the song that plays when Aqua is about to fight venitas, where we first see a relatively completed X-blade... :)
This track is "The Key." It's also used in χ[chi] when Ava meets Luxu.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Is the "box being open" part poorly done or is that just me? MoM never makes a gesture to open it, yet states "I'll indulge you" and they both look down. It has been bugging the shit out of me....

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Is the "box being open" part poorly done or is that just me? MoM never makes a gesture to open it, yet states "I'll indulge you" and they both look down. It has been bugging the shit out of me....

Hmm? They didn't even open the box, he just told him what was in it. Am I missing something?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah... they didn't open the box. MoM just whispered and told him what it was. He even reiterates that Luxu is to never open it.

(side-note: i think the localization team might regret localizing it as "you'll see" because i doubt luxu is going to be around to see the box get opened lol)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yeah... they didn't open the box. MoM just whispered and told him what it was. He even reiterates that Luxu is to never open it.

Ah, so that's what happens. Not the best representation I suppose in my opinion. Thanks

DualWielding

One question about something I've not seen discussed... How did Mickey know about Sora and Riku while in the realm of darkness.... he had never met Sora at that point and while he may have ran onto Riku on the realm of darkness before meeting with Aqua that begs the question why did Mickey and Riku became separated...

Also wasn't Mickey supposed to still be on the realm of Darkness doing stuff during the events of Chain of Memories? (up to the point he finally reaches Castle Oblivion) it's weird that a game that is supposed to close plotholes leaves these things still unclear

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
One question about something I've not seen discussed... How did Mickey know about Sora and Riku while in the realm of darkness.... he had never met Sora at that point and while he may have ran onto Riku on the realm of darkness before meeting with Aqua that begs the question why did Mickey and Riku became separated...

Also wasn't Mickey supposed to still be on the realm of Darkness doing stuff during the events of Chain of Memories? (up to the point he finally reaches Castle Oblivion) it's weird that a game that is supposed to close plotholes leaves these things still unclear

Yes? He still is in 0.2. 0.2 doesn't have him escape the Realm of Darkness.

Adding onto what Audo said, the same question can also be asked of "why didn't he keep searching for Aqua after Kingdom Hearts and find her during Chain of Memories?", and the answer is simple: everyone was busy with something. Riku seems upset and hurt that they didn't immediately go hunting for her after she got lost again, but he doesn't realize that, not only is it hard to get to the Realm of Darkness to begin with, but that everyone was busy after that. Mickey had his stuff he had to do before Chain of memories, then he had to go into hiding as he looked for Ansem the Wise and stalked the organization, then he had to continue doing that while defending the worlds from the organization members that were left, THEN he had that stupid stuff with Jiminy's Journal, THEN he had to help audit the Mark of Mastery exam AS WELL AS keep watch of his castle while his wife got KIDNAPPED in his absence. Now, he has to desperately find time to find Aqua before it's too late in the realm of light to stop Xehanort. Riku was running away in Kingdom Hearts, then he had to go through castle oblivion, then he did undercover work for DiZ while trying to help Sora wake up, then he fought the organization while keeping his face concealed beneath a black coat (and still working for DiZ on the side), THEN Mickey gave him chill time on the island (which he rightfully deserved) until he had to take his mark of mastery exam, and ONLY THEN, after all of that, did he have time to go save her. Sora could have, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT HE WAS SAVING THE UNIVERSE TWICE IN THE PROCESS.

As for how he knows Sora and Riku... #videogamelogic bro.

Hirokey123

Awards
You know I figured that Mickey knew about Sora because they've met before. To quote Mickey in Coded "Well Sora of. I'm Mickey Mouse. I've never met the you in this world, but I do know you, Sora, and Sora knows me." Which I think may actually always have been a double explanation sorts both explaining to Data Sora how he knows of him, and explaining to the players how he knew of Sora in KH1.

Mickey met Sora once in another world, specifically in Mickey's home world in the far far past. That Sora from the future past knows Mickey and thanks to all of Sora's meddling back then Mickey knows that Sora as well. But who Mickey hasn't met during KH1 is the Sora from this current world, world in the sense of like the entire thing not an individual single world. Ergo Mickey knows of Sora and became friends with him in the far past. Later this would lead Mickey to meeting Sora and becoming friends proper which in turn bends back on itself to be why Sora goes to the past where he first meets Mickey.

To further hammer this in remember Disney Castle was supposed to be a visitable world in one of the earlier drafts for KH1. Which is why it's got modeled rooms, which mostly were ported to KH2, and a world icon on the world map that we can never travel to. Which leads me to believe pretty much the whole time travel plot was originally a KH1 plot point that got scrapped and moved to KH2, probably because Disney basically said no to any real Mickey appearances so it wasn't going to work. Which left a sort of hole in the plot where had Mickey been able to be used more frugally we probably would hav gotten that world and thus KH1 would of answered how Mickey knew of Sora itself but instead had the explanation pushed into KH2. To further emphasize this when Sora goes to timeless river he inexplicably reverts to a cartoonized version of his KH1 self which would make it easy for Mickey to recognize KH1 Sora later on....after all KH1 Sora is a rather er "unique" looking individual.

I mean it doesn't explain how he knew of Riku but if he is the voice talking to Sora right when Sora got the keyblade then that means he must of been watching Sora...which is sort of creepy but it also means he would of seen Sora's friend Riku (even heard his name) and this could be what lead Mickey to try and contact Riku as well. Of course his messages don't get through until Riku stops being all gloom and doomy.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
(side-note: i think the localization team might regret localizing it as "you'll see" because i doubt luxu is going to be around to see the box get opened lol)
Yeah. It's weird. I mean, why even change it? He literally says "surprise," full loanword. I'm also not a fan of how obviously-sinister Chase made that line (well, "you'll see" is already sinister).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I felt like he didn't make it sinister enough lol. The "surprise" is practically thick with it, I feel like it's more damning than what we got.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I felt like he didn't make it sinister enough lol. The "surprise" is practically thick with it, I feel like it's more damning than what we got.
Maybe it's just the difference between the phrases. "You'll see" is like, maybe I don't wanna see that. But a surprise can be nice, or not, who knows.

Muke

whatever
Awards
noooo they didn't translate Daybreak Town into German. :(
(i'm aware they didn't translate twilight town either, but they did translate traverse town D:)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
We've got Daybreak Town (always morning) Twilight Town (always late afternoon) and Traverse Town (always night). Does Hollow Bastion ever change to night time?

Now THAT would be something to see-- imagine if all the ice/crystal areas around Hollow Bastion were to glow during the night? It'd be ​cool as shit

Muke

whatever
Awards
Daybreak Town isn't always morning though. We've seen nights countless times in X/Ux and also in BackCover once or twice. :S
(But I guess we can chalk it up to "only morning and night", maybe?)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Daybreak Town isn't always morning though. We've seen nights countless times in X/Ux and also in BackCover once or twice. :S

ah shit you're right. damn that's really annoying! Twilight Town and Traverse Town are so consistent, and yet DAYBREAK town, the most esoteric in name manages to change to night time? oiiiii

Hirokey123

Awards
Twilight Town isn't perpetually Twilight either, we just happened to always be there during sunset or sunrise and nothing else. Because HPO talk about the blue skies of the beach and RAX talk about watching the sunset as they sit on the clock tower.

I am also not sure if Traverse Town is actually night or if because it's a makeshift world it doesn't have its own sky/sun/etc.. so it just looks directly out into the ocean between. Cause I mean if there is no sun and moon there really isn't any night or day either.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
On the topic of cycles.

This may be me being a little hopeful for something that isn't gonna to happen but i wonder if this scene could hint at maybe day/night cycles being a thing for some worlds in KH3.
14843388821664698.gif

That transition could pretty much fit 90% of the worlds.

Hirokey123

Awards
Well we have real lightning now so actual real changing skies are possible to I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back