• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Trophies and Achievements Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I take a lotta time for plats because I usually dont go for trophies right after getting a game.
My fastest trophy took 8 days or so, I think. It was Lightning Returns. xD Everything else took me months or even years.

I try to often get most trophies on the first playthroughs simply because of my limited time for gaming, especially potentially missable trophies which some games have.
Time-consuming and/or more difficult trophies do get put on wait though until I can really dedicate time to try and get those.

There are some games I will never plat though and that are those who have online-only trophies like Tekken Tag 2 or several of the Worms games.

8 days? For Platinum? If so, LR must be really an easy game...0_o.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Im not a big fan of online trophies either, especially if zhey rely on several people being available online. >_>

Lightning Returns is quiiite easy, but you still need at least two playthroughs and the tough bosses arent that easy either. Lets just say I had a free week and played approximately 5-10 hours a day honestly xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My amount of trophies hasn't even reached four-digit numbers yet, lol.
Instead of this though I am somewhat proud to have already 13 Platinums and 13 of my trophies also being "ultra-rare":

Sephy's trophies.

My main "problem" with especially those often not neccessarily difficult, but time-consuming trophies is that time is exactly the resource I have scarcely at hand.
Sometimes I work just on one time-consuming trophy in a month to definitely get that one done.

The total amount of games in my games played-list also doesn't reflect the actual amount of games I own because I still have a backlog of games lying around I didn't even start up yet once, most prominent among them being

- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Lightning Returns
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
- Tales of Zestiria

Soon FF XV and KH 2.8 will also join that pile and I hope that by the time 2.8 hits stores I managed to at least gain the Platinums for Birth by Sleep (the only KH title I haven't completed yet, Destiny Islands Ice Cream beat be damned!) and World of Final Fantasy.

Creating your own officers in Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires being highly addicting and having 850 free slots to save characters into also doesn't really help the issue.
IMO, Lightning Returns is the easiest game from the XIII to platinum. It took me three weeks to do, but that's just because I moved halfway through and didn't have a TV to play it on. But it should be manageable in a couple of days.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's definitely a joke compared to the grinding in XIII when it comes to est. time needed. But I'd say XIII and XIII-2 especially are easier. Just more time consuming.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Oh god, I am getting war flashbacks to when I was grinding for the plat for FFXIII. I just remembering killing Adamantoises in the open green fields over and over and over again, and once in a million years they would drop the item you needed to create the ultimate weapons.
When I was sure I had everything I needed for the plat, I invited 2 of my friends to see the glorious moment. The only trophy I had left was the one where you have to get all of the items and as I went to the place which is supposed to give the trophy, full of pride for the hours of work I had done, the little robot bastard said that I was still missing stuff. So instead of it being an moment of celebration, my two friends burst into laughter as they witnessed my face after the epic fail. That was one of the more anti-climatic moments in my life. :D I got the dam trophy and the plat eventually.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Oh god, I am getting war flashbacks to when I was grinding for the plat for FFXIII. I just remembering killing Adamantoises in the open green fields over and over and over again, and once in a million years they would drop the item you needed to create the ultimate weapons.
When I was sure I had everything I needed for the plat, I invited 2 of my friends to see the glorious moment. The only trophy I had left was the one where you have to get all of the items and as I went to the place which is supposed to give the trophy, full of pride for the hours of work I had done, the little robot bastard said that I was still missing stuff. So instead of it being an moment of celebration, my two friends burst into laughter as they witnessed my face after the epic fail. That was one of the more anti-climatic moments in my life. :D I got the dam trophy and the plat eventually.

I'm not gonna lie, that story really made me laugh haha

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
:( I had the same thing happen to me, but luckily no one was around to laugh at me. It got me so mad especially since I had no idea WHAT I was missing. (It actually turned out to be one of Snow's weapons... >_>)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I'm not gonna lie, that story really made me laugh haha

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_cs523bv7lwgg4cw4s8k0800cc_640.png

:( I had the same thing happen to me, but luckily no one was around to laugh at me. It got me so mad especially since I had no idea WHAT I was missing. (It actually turned out to be one of Snow's weapons... >_>)

I was going crazy since at first it looked like that I have to start a new game to get the missing item,and no way in hell I wanted to do that. Luckily I was able re-create the missing thing by breaking other items and then synthesizing it from them. I then printed a huge list that had all the items in the game and the checked slowly but steadily that I have them all. I think the one I was missing was some sort of water ring.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
That's me got my 15th platinum now. Slowly making my way up. Truth be told though, it feels like I'm just getting the easy ones out of the way.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
That's me got my 15th platinum now. Slowly making my way up. Truth be told though, it feels like I'm just getting the easy ones out of the way.

Nice! I'm slowly working my way up too....to my first platinum xD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I knew from the second I saw trophies being a thing, that I'd aim high for games I truly care about. It can get annoying though, forcing yourself through shit for the second it goes "BLING".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If you truly fall down the platinum well, then you'll need a copy of the Hannah Montana and Barbie and Her Sisters Puppy Rescue games. Easy platinums that you'll wind up being ashamed of.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If you truly fall down the platinum well, then you'll need a copy of the Hannah Montana and Barbie and Her Sisters Puppy Rescue games. Easy platinums that you'll wind up being ashamed of.

B-but PUPPY RESCUE? YOU CANNOT BE ASHAMED OF SUCH A GOOD DEED.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's such a janky game. A bit difficult to control and it glitched my save file so any time I try to load it, the entire game freezes :(

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Bought The Order 1886 during flash sale & 100%'ed it within a day.

I'm not all that bothered by the length or that it's "a movie with occasional gameplay" , I didn't even hate the mandatory stealth sections all that much (normally a big sticking point for me) but it's failure or rather an outright refusal to do anything that hasn't been done by a thousand other shooters. I was promised werewolves & vampires, where are they? & the Telsa sci-fi weapons are only used about 3 times in the whole game. Instead, the vast majority of the game is the same old generic soldiers with the same old generic weapons again & again & again.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards

I haven't sunk to the Hannah Montana level yet, but I have sunk to the Terminator Salvation level, which is just a step above.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I mean, I haven't dared to venture that far yet, but there is always My Name is Mayo...

Max

Staff member
Awards
So I literally double fisted My Name is Mayo the other day basically as a challenge from my friend. PS4 controller in one hand, Vita in the other, 2 plats in roughly an hour to an hour and a half. The game honestly had an odd charm if you paid attention to the stories.

Back