• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Certainly not as a crash hints at a rather serious error rather than a mere oversight.
I'd rather see a game one or two more month in development if that means no crashes or at least only 1 crash in 1000 cases or less.

On the other hand though I do not think that out of all examples speedrunners are the group of users games should be measured with as a default.
Games are not created and build to primary cater to Speedrunning, so denouncing a game's quality because it is not friendly for speedruns is not really expedient.

that doesn't make any sense. On bizkit047's first run of the game, it crashed twice. Speedrunning a game doesn't make it crash any more than it already would.

Why are so many people in such a hurry to defend something that's objectively wrong with the game?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
that doesn't make any sense. On bizkit047's first run of the game, it crashed twice. Speedrunning a game doesn't make it crash any more than it already would.

Why are so many people in such a hurry to defend something that's objectively wrong with the game?
I've actually played it and didn't have any of these problems so I think people want to experience it for themselves and not base their opinions on streamers.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
After patch 1.01, the crashing glitch was supposed to be fixed. If it is still occurring, it needs fixing ASAP.

QA is supposed to go ham with the game and force errors. If they didn't, then the QA team failed at their job and the debuggers fixing the code should have tested the game more.

Nevertheless, there are always glitches that happen in a live environment that could have easily been missed or never happened on the dev build. That much needs to be understood by everybody before anybody goes about defending any side. Optimization is a tricky process.

In light of the concerns surrounding the game crashing, I will make a topic where you all can discuss glitches and errors with links to the proper contacts to report them. It will also serve as a place to also provide feedback on the games in the collection as it relates to the gameplay and visuals.

Precursor Mar

People defended the load times in 2.5????

They were all over Bizkitz's 2.5 video.

"The load times are only a big deal for speedrunners. Non-speedrunners aren't going to care." Something along those lines.

Here's a good one:

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They were all over Bizkitz's 2.5 video.

"The load times are only a big deal for speedrunners. Non-speedrunners aren't going to care." Something along those lines.

Here's a good one:

The image didn't work but I think I get the idea.

Jesus. The load times in 2.5 broke immersion and were just pitiful. How could they defend that? KH2 nostalgia is kind of awful.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The load times in 2.5 make it unplayable to me, and I usually don't tend to care about that.

I agree that errors and bugs should absolutely be reported on, but I'd also advise you to do it based on your own copies and not what you see from a streamer on release day, if your game crashes you can report it in app. And you absolutely should. The fact that Square's already been patching 2.8 makes me hopeful that they'll give it more attention than the other remasters

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

And based on what evidence can you make that claim? Obviously crashes do not happen for the majority of players or it would already be made widely public shortly right after release.
Just because in crashed on "bizkit047's" playthrough doesn't really mean it has ro be a regular occurrence.

I'm also not "defending" anything in regards to actual game crashes as the first part of my post clearly shows.

I've actually played it and didn't have any of these problems so I think people want to experience it for themselves and not base their opinions on streamers.

Exactly this is the crux of it.

I recall this being the same lime of logic used to defend 2.5's absurd load times.

There is a difference between outright game crashes and "merely" longer load times though I would think.

Nonetheless the load times to get into a Drive Form in KH 2 or activating a D-Link in BBS are certainly aggravating.

hlc1988

Awards
Still waiting for mine to be dispatched. Really want it for tomorrow (Ordered via Amazon UK and I am a Prime member so hopefully it will be dispatched later tonight)! Not sure I can stand the wait anymore and I have tried to stay away from this thread! Though admittedly... failing miserably.

Neo_

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

Got 2.8 today, finally.

100%'ed 0.2, it was really fun overall. Definitely enjoyed it, especially the exploration and puzzle solving. And if thius is what awaits us for KH III, oh boy!
A bit of a letdown with the boss fights: while Team Osaka definitely improved from previous titles, I hope they'll step their game up a bit more for KH III. Phantom Aqua especially shows some reminiscents of BbS' worst side, with forced teleport every two seconds and f*ckbox combos.

The Back Cover movie was just as entertaining, and definitely one of the best tales of the KH saga. While it didn't really dropped any HUGE bomb, it defined more than a couple of things and made things really interesting.

Gonna tackle DDD now. Already played a bit and, uh... golly, y'all should see what absolute mess the Italian translation is. They even translated Keyblade wielders as... pretty much the italian equivalent of Keyblade Lords. And that's only scraping the surface...

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Buffer, buffer, buffer, Buffer, buffer, buffer, Buffer, buffer, buffer

I really loved what did they did with Aqua but...I don't know I just didn't like the explanation at the end.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

So, was there just no traitor at all in Back Cover? Was that the point of it being a plot point? Create mass panic from threat of betrayal from within without any actual betrayal?

It just seems weird unless they plan on continuing the story further in the mobile app I guess?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So, was there just no traitor at all in Back Cover? Was that the point of it being a plot point? Create mass panic from threat of betrayal from within without any actual betrayal?

It just seems weird unless they plan on continuing the story further in the mobile app I guess?

Spoiler tags please!

Without spoilering too much I'll say that both is possible.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
buffer buffer buffer buffer

So I watched the Back Cover last night and:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Some thougts about 0.2 overall:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I hope you Trophy hounds are on the prowl 'cause I need help dudes.

Ability Ace won't unlock. I can't figure it out.
It's the only thing keeping me from the Platinum. I did what it wants, but it isn't unlocking.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Spoiler tags please!

Without spoilering too much I'll say that both is possible.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back