• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Available Worldwide!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix and Disney released the first ever Kingdom Hearts game on PlayStation 4 today. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue consists of the Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD remaster, a prologue to Kingdom Hearts 3 titled Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-, and Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] Back Cover which tells the origins of the infamous Keyblade war.

We reviewed Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, which you can read here. Don't forget that Sora joins World of Final Fantasy for a limited time so remember to grab him before he disappears for good!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Griewer

Awards
Today is a good day indeed. Exams all wrapped up, coffee brewed, game installed; time to finally enjoy my Winter Holiday. :'D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I will get my copy tomorrow. Guess I will have time to check out the Carnival in FFXV after all. :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm not sure if I will already have it in the mail today or not, something to find out only after I get back home from work. <__<

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So my friend pre ordered this in secret and had it sent to my house as a birthday present, man he's really the best!

One thing that sucks is amazon only sent the normal edition, I didn't get the pre order pin sadly. But I'm not going to fret when He literally got me the game for free out of the kindness of his heart, I'm still ecstatic!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
So my friend pre ordered this in secret and had it sent to my house as a birthday present, man he's really the best!

One thing that sucks is amazon only sent the normal edition, I didn't get the pre order pin sadly. But I'm not going to fret when He literally got me the game for free out of the kindness of his heart, I'm still ecstatic!

That's incredibly nice! A bit early for a birthday present but definitely a great surprise. :3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So it was really in the mail already today.
Probably won't be able to play it right away though (still hasn't finished BBS and needs to get to bed on time for work next day).

On a side note, how long is 0.2 averagely? Can it be finished faster than a single BBS character playthrough? Then I'll consider taking a break on BBS and take on 0.2 first.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
On a side note, how long is 0.2 averagely? Can it be finished faster than a single BBS character playthrough? Then I'll consider taking a break on BBS and take on 0.2 first.

Took me around 3-4 hours to complete it (that's only the story, didn't 100% the objectives). Needless to say: it's pretty lengthy. On top of that: also pretty great.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So it's pretty manageable on one evening, huh?
Well, I guess that means I will put my mission "platinum BBS" on hold tomorrow and delve into 0.2 first at least to inhalate the story.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i taking my time with 2.8 i saw backcover first then i'm playing 0.2 but not rushing though it after that fisish the collection with 3d

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
So I'm gonna watch Back Cover (kinda got convinced to do that first), then play 0.2, probably play it again and then plat 3D. I wonder if I'll be able to do this in one week and a half. Hmm...

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I don't like that the cutscenes in DDD HD aren't 60 fps, but the actual gameplay is. Takes me out of it every time a cutscene starts (and once again when gameplay's back).

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Question: I beat Birth by Sleep on Psp, but I have yet to finish it on PS3. Am I good to play 0.2 having played the entirety of BBS other than Aqua's little extra story after the final chapter?

Edit: also, no difficulty trophy for Dream Drop, hell yeah!

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Question: I beat Birth by Sleep on Psp, but I have yet to finish it on PS3. Am I good to play 0.2 having played the entirety of BBS other than Aqua's little extra story after the final chapter?

Edit: also, no difficulty trophy for Dream Drop, hell yeah!

I'd say so, yeah. Going from memory, nothing really that important happens in the extra story. You'll have no difficulty understanding 0.2.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I want to get it, but at $60 it's just too hefty of a price. I'm a poor college student. I have spending money, but in regards to games, I think Breath of the Wild is the better investment. I'm sad, because I'd love to play this game. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back