• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Voltron: Legendary Defender - S8 December 14th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this (if there is, you can close it) but I just really got into this show despite never caring for the original show.

And with season 2 coming out on Janurary, extra hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender

Wow the next season is that soon? That's pretty cool. The end of season 1 ended on a really annoying cliffhanger reminiscent of LOST.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Definitely. Season 1 was originally going to have a full 26 episodes, but they split it to two seasons, which is why the first season ended so abruptly.

As seen in the new trailer, I think the Paladins are split up. I just hope Shiro won't die too soon. Many people have been making theories of him dying this season. Personally, Lance might be killed, since he pilots the blue lion instead of Shiro from the original Voltron.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Dam, just watched the whole first season today and I really liked it. The characters are really good, the humor is spot on, the fight scenes intense and awesome, and the ost fitting. Just the stuff one would expect from the creators of ATLA and LoK.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Dam, just watched the whole first season today and I really liked it. The characters are really good, the humor is spot on, the fight scenes intense and awesome, and the ost fitting. Just the stuff one would expect from the creators of ATLA and LoK.
It's not the creators of LoK, but the same animation studio. c:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh, right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dam the animation is smooth and beautiful, especially in the fight scenes. That and the overall style really screams of LoK and ATLA and I love it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Studio Mir is incredibly talented and everything they do is beautiful.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Yeah, people who are able to create things like these feel like wizards or something:

tumblr_o95joySsti1s0uqgmo2_500.gif

Korra+vs+kuvira+ep+6+of+korra+yall+say+you+like_89252c_5347968.gif

(really looking forward for the Blu-ray set of LoK coming this December. I usually had to watch the episodes from a shady site so the quality was sometimes kinda bad,and now I can witness all these epic moments in a good quality, yus!)

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

The look of Legend of Korra is what got me into the show, to be honest. Well, that and it's superior writing to the original 80s version. Character development is spot on so far, but I would personally love to dig more since it was only 11 episodes (technically 13).

Also, yes, I have also taken a liking to it's fight scenes. Especially the ones involving Keith. I really like his sword bayard.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

A new trailer for season 2 got released a few hours ago:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=H3jU4fD4XvI[/video]

Dam I am excited for this! I watched most of the episodes in one sitting and I'll probably end up doing same this time too.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

A new trailer for season 2 got released a few hours ago:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=H3jU4fD4XvI[/video]

Dam I am excited for this! I watched most of the episodes in one sitting and I'll probably end up doing same this time too.
Definitely binge-watching this. After that cliffhanger, I am just so ready for another season.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

It releases today! Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it. I can't see it in about several hours, but surely someone at least watched it today.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

It releases today! Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it. I can't see it in about several hours, but surely someone at least watched it today.

Just watched the first 6 episodes in a row and they have been really great! Intense battles and interesting enemies, good character dynamic and humor, epic music and very interesting planets and surroundings overall. One episode also gave me good ATLA vibes:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also one interesting thing about Pidge:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I`ll probably watch more episodes later today, but I`ll try to save some for tomorrow.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Only watched theee episodes last night. Got tired but everything is really good so far.

They've definitely upped the quality of the character designs, and close-ups are really detailed now, especially with the eyes.

Keith and Coran are also slowly becoming my new favorites. I love them all, but S1 I was all about Shiro, Allura, and Lance. Pidge has been my fav from the start, though. Hunk <3 okay I love them all. They are are all my favorites.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Just watched the first 6 episodes in a row and they have been really great! Intense battles and interesting enemies, good character dynamic and humor, epic music and very interesting planets and surroundings overall. One episode also gave me good ATLA vibes:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also one interesting thing about Pidge:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I`ll probably watch more episodes later today, but I`ll try to save some for tomorrow.
Haven't seen the season yet, but I'm quite curious that the reason Zarkon constantly tracks the Paladins down is because of Shiro's arm.

Only watched theee episodes last night. Got tired but everything is really good so far.

They've definitely upped the quality of the character designs, and close-ups are really detailed now, especially with the eyes.

Keith and Coran are also slowly becoming my new favorites. I love them all, but S1 I was all about Shiro, Allura, and Lance. Pidge has been my fav from the start, though. Hunk <3 okay I love them all. They are are all my favorites.
Now I'm very excited. I liked Keith, but he didn't have much development in comparison to the others in season 1.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Watched some more, episode 7 is probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen. So many good jokes.:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

To Buffer:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

To Buffer:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Well, I know now xD.

Just watched the first 6 episodes and my god was it awesome. Keith is waaaaaaaaaaay more likeable in this season than he was in the previous, not to mention episode 2 is probably one of the funniest episodes in the show. I love it.

Also:
In the original Voltron, Keith and Allura had feelings for each other. Is this going to happen in VLD?

KeybladeOrder

Awards

Just finished watching episode 8 with my roommate. Really enjoying this season and loving what they've done with all the characters.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Binged it. Liked it. Can't wait to see what happened to Shiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back