• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The original bodies resurrection in Radiant garden

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kristi-swat

Awards
Hey guys, I don't know if this has actually ever been explained but I have a question
When the original members of Org XIII were created they were on the floor in the computer room, and after they were made whole again they were still on the floor in those same positions only that now they were grown. But why weren't the bodies there in the events of KH2? I don't think that the bodies on the floor when they got created became the nobodies, just that their nobodies kept their appearance from the human form (this has already been confirmed as far as I remember)
so any ideas? I hope to have made myself clear

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't think that the bodies on the floor when they got created became the nobodies, just that their nobodies kept their appearance from the human form (this has already been confirmed as far as I remember)
so any ideas? I hope to have made myself clear

That is exactly what happened though.
It is the very definition of what a Nobody actually is, the body and soul of a being which lost his/her heart animated by their strong will to move on.

When a being loses his/her heart to Darkness and becomes a Heartless, their body vanishes. However, if the heart in question and their will is very strong, in rare cases their body and soul is reborn as a Nobody.
The Nobodies, even the Dusks and other lesser ones, are the actual bodies and souls of those who lost their hearts.

Nobodies are generally born in worlds that belong to the In-Between-realm (meaning worlds such as Twilight Town, Castle Oblivion, The World that Never Was, Mysterious Tower) so what happened with Ansem's apprentices went about as this:
1. They lose their hearts and collapse.
2. Their bodies vanish (you can see them slowly fading during the "My name is Ansem" scene in DDD)
3. Due to their exceptionally strong will their bodies and souls are reborn as a Nobody in one of the In-between worlds.
4. They form the Organisation.
5. The Nobodies get vanquished during CoM and KH 2, their Heartless are also destroyed by either Sora, Riku or King Mickey along the way (Nomura explicitly stated their Heartless were just unimportant normal ones that were among the vast hordes fought during KH 1, CoM and 2).
6. Both their bodies/souls and hearts freed, they rejoin and reappear exactly where they vanished before.

kristi-swat

Awards
ah now I get it. I used to think the part of "the body and soul of a being which lost his/her heart animated by their strong will to move on" differently. Thank you for the clarification

the process of defeating the heartless leaves a bit of doubt in the timeline, don't you think? If for example Zexion's heartless was defeated in kh1, then what stopped him from appearing in the computer room until the end of kh2?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

the process of defeating the heartless leaves a bit of doubt in the timeline, don't you think? If for example Zexion's heartless was defeated in kh1, then what stopped him from appearing in the computer room until the end of kh2?

The answer is easily overlooked but similarily simple:
Xemnas' artificial Kingdom Hearts.

All hearts released from Heartless were captured and forced to form this particular KH, hence why Yen Sid tasked Sora & co. with undoing it.
This is also the reason as to why all the apprentices (and Isa + Lea) reappear at the exact same time despite their Nobodies being offed vastly apart in some cases, because their hearts weren't truly free until Sora & Riku defeated Xemnas for the final time in KH 2 and undid the forced artificial KH completely.

It is true that the Organisation didn't start to work on forming this KH until Roxas joined the Organisation, but by that time Zexion the Nobody was still around so the reappearance was still "blocked" either way due to the body and soul being "occupied" by the Nobody.
In this light it is most likely that the Heartless of the apprentices were defeated sometime after Sora's sacrifice in KH 1 at Hollow Bastion, as that would make their hearts once released definitely go into Xemnas' KH.
The statement of "during KH 1" can thus most likely not be taken to mean the entirety of KH 1, only the last third of KH 1 is feasible.
Now it is of course possible that i.e. Zexion's Heartless was already defeated once over the course of KH 1, but then reappeared elsewhere later because it was not specifically felled by a Keyblade but someone like Donald, Goofy or Leon, which destroys the Heartless' form but doesn't purify the heart, leading to its resurfacing at a later time.
Not every single Heartless in KH 1 was slain by Sora personally after all and by that time Riku had no Keyblade while Mickey was busy in the Realm of Darkness.

kristi-swat

Awards
thanks for the explanation :D yeah seems a very solid idea the last part of the heartless that you said :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
thanks for the explanation :D yeah seems a very solid idea the last part of the heartless that you said :)

No problem. ^__^

The widely ramified lore of the KH series can be quite challenging to understand sometimes, especially since some things are not outright stated in direct context or sometimes even not included in the primary medium.
That's exactly what such forum communities like this one are for though, to clear up such stuff as far as it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back