• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 Special credits (the one on the game selection menu)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Somehow Nomura managed to get Sora/Riku pair more believable in canon than an actual canon pair?
I mean we got like at least one full game that threw ambiguous hints all over the place and in comparison we have some 20-30 minutes of cut scenes half of which we got in/after credits and the other - in first game?
Idk how can they justify SoKai for me while not making KH3 into some dating Sim now lol.
I'd rather hope that they left that trio as completely platonic "best friends" group. But oh well at least we wont get dogfights over the girl like in the first game

Pffft, there will be dogfights. Riku vs Kairi to the death for Sora's heart, obviously

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The credits didn't give me a "sSoKai confirmed" vibe. It game me a "had to end the credits with something. Should be Sora. Shouldn't be alone cause no one else in the credit sequence was alone." vibe. Them being a couple would throw the dynamic off for the trio and possibly the entire game.
how would sokai throw of the dyamaic of the trio riku knows sora care about kairi and has other feelings for her

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
how would sokai throw of the dyamaic of the trio riku knows sora care about kairi and has other feelings for her

If I wasn't going to the movies right now, I'd explain in detail why it would totally ruin the dynamic.

But let's put it like this: All of the other trios in this series are very clearly defined friend groups. The only trio with the least development in that manner is the SRK trio. You have Sora-Riku with a VERY well developed friendship. You have Riku-Kairi which is kind of okay when it comes to development but definitely lacking. Sora-Kairi which is less friendship and more crush-based. Nowhere do they ever come off as a strong trio of friends. The game has to tell us they are really close friends rather than showing us how much of an awesome trio they are. They also have the least screen time as a trio out of any other trio, and they are the main cast!

Pffft, there will be dogfights. Riku vs Kairi to the death for Sora's heart, obviously

You know I'll be there for that ;D

Somehow Nomura managed to get Sora/Riku pair more believable in canon than an actual canon pair?
I mean we got like at least one full game that threw ambiguous hints all over the place and in comparison we have some 20-30 minutes of cut scenes half of which we got in/after credits and the other - in first game?
Idk how can they justify SoKai for me while not making KH3 into some dating Sim now lol.
I'd rather hope that they left that trio as completely platonic "best friends" group. But oh well at least we wont get dogfights over the girl like in the first game

Agreed. but i'm also always down for SoRiku And anyways, their friendship needs a lot of work. I'd love to just see them pal around and be dorks together rather than romantic on any side.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The credits didn't give me a "sSoKai confirmed" vibe. It game me a "had to end the credits with something. Should be Sora. Shouldn't be alone cause no one else in the credit sequence was alone." vibe. Them being a couple would throw the dynamic off for the trio and possibly the entire game.

It could, but it's not like they HAVEN'T been hinting at it this whole time. Look at that hug Kairi gives Sora in Kingdom Hearts II when she finally finds him in The World that Never Was, look at the respective scenes of them crying over that silly drawing in the Secret Place, look at the plots of Re:Chain of Memories and the reason why Xion looks the way she does to Roxas, look at how he thinks about her throughout the series in general. If anything, it's the only on-screen romance between the characters I would be okay with. Okay, that and Gula x Ava. That one would be cute. And I, personally, don't see any of that I described as platonic, and if you do, that's perfectly fine. i just don't see any of that that way :) (also, the scene with Kairi in the cavern at Traverse Town where she hands him the Oathkeeper Keychain is another example).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
If I wasn't going to the movies right now, I'd explain in detail why it would totally ruin the dynamic.

But let's put it like this: All of the other trios in this series are very clearly defined friend groups. The only trio with the least development in that manner is the SRK trio. You have Sora-Riku with a VERY well developed friendship. You have Riku-Kairi which is kind of okay when it comes to development but definitely lacking. Sora-Kairi which is less friendship and more crush-based. Nowhere do they ever come off as a strong trio of friends. The game has to tell us they are really close friends rather than showing us how much of an awesome trio they are. They also have the least screen time as a trio out of any other trio, and they are the main cast!

Agreed. but i'm also always down for SoRiku And anyways, their friendship needs a lot of work. I'd love to just see them pal around and be dorks together rather than romantic on any side.
i do agree that the destiny trio do need devlopment togther before we can talk about reltionships let hope that happen kh3 as far we know doesn't look it

Muke

whatever
Awards
SRK, huh?
I just want a game where we finally have Riku and Kairi in our Party. OR Riku and Sora, if we play as Kairi in that game. :^)
They could do so much with gameplay-interactions. They could do so many things with them - character development, character defining moments etc. Just give me a full-fledged SRK-game. On a console.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I don't know, they always seemed like their friendship was genuine, and that it felt like we could identify with it since the first game. You always got the sense that all three of them enjoyed each other's company and were sad to see each other go, and you didn't even need that much time with them starting off. Although I'll agree with you that they're not as developed as Xion, Axel, and Roxas were.

You sure you don't mean that the BbS trio is the most underdeveloped friendship in the entire Kingdom Hearts Universe? I mean, they had a storyline literally CENTERED AROUND THE FACT that they were best friends and could see each other constantly, so there was no excuse of absence in the story, and we STILL felt nothing for them until the finale and 0.2. At least in Kingdom Hearts I the writing was better and it was established that the trio couldn't contact each other constantly throughout the story.

I love your wording "pal around and be dorks", that's me and my girlfriend right there xD

Pacrolash

Nowhere do they ever come off as a strong trio of friends.
Actually if I think about it now, in the first game they looked more like "couple with a crush and some jerk" with that constant rivalry between Sora and Riku and whole thing with "I'm gonne eat paopu with Kairi/I care about Kairi most" and "lol let's go together and leave Riku. JK but consider it". Only in second KH it started to look like a real trio (but actually it sometimes looked like Kairi mostly cared only about Sora and Riku just kinda happened to help her first) but then got kind of blurry again with Coded and 3D completely pushing Kairi away and getting time to develop Sora and Riku's friendship furthermore. I mean it's not bad at all that they did that in favor of showing how Riku overcomes his darkness and his and Sora's close ties. But hey, remember how you trying to call all of them trio of friends. I really wish we'd see them three in KH3 and won't get those strictly pair interactions again.

Pacrolash

I just want a game where we finally have Riku and Kairi in our Party. OR Riku and Sora, if we play as Kairi in that game. :^)
I'm on that with you. I'll be completely fine if we got some worlds/fights with just those two over Donald/Goofy. Not the whole game but just some missions like the last boss in KH2.
And if they will chat around while idle/running/battles like bros in FFXV - I can even forgive SE for Coded plot.

Blizzard-

Awards
Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer

I enjoy how all the seems are either pleasant or emotional physical contact scenes, but then there's one scene where Daisy's totally chewing Donald out. XD

Caxinuld

Awards
Mickey and Riku became canon?
You wish, don't forget that Mickey is married to Minnie in the story & they're in a romantic relationship in the various source materials.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I enjoy how all the seems are either pleasant or emotional physical contact scenes, but then there's one scene where Daisy's totally chewing Donald out. XD
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]In KH2, the original scene where Daisy scolds Donald, Daisy actually smacked Donald's bottom, but that probably would've clashed far too much with the other scenes compared to Daisy simply chewing him out. [/FONT]

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
You wish, don't forget that Mickey is married to Minnie in the story & they're in a romantic relationship in the various source materials.

It's called an open marriage, mate.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Huh?
I thought the trio which had the least screentime together was the BBS crew as well as the least development of their actual friendship?

I disagree, if only because now we have 0.2 which adds a bit more to their friendship. Even in KH2 we didn't see that level of heartfelt longing to find Riku or Kairi from Sora. And in KH3D, Kairi is barely a footnote in a game that prides itself on bonds.

I don't know, they always seemed like their friendship was genuine, and that it felt like we could identify with it since the first game. You always got the sense that all three of them enjoyed each other's company and were sad to see each other go, and you didn't even need that much time with them starting off. Although I'll agree with you that they're not as developed as Xion, Axel, and Roxas were.

I don't disagree that they are genuine. They just are really lacking in a lot of things that make them really, truly a trio. Most of the "big" moments they have with each other are always in pairs.

You sure you don't mean that the BbS trio is the most underdeveloped friendship in the entire Kingdom Hearts Universe? I mean, they had a storyline literally CENTERED AROUND THE FACT that they were best friends and could see each other constantly, so there was no excuse of absence in the story, and we STILL felt nothing for them until the finale and 0.2. At least in Kingdom Hearts I the writing was better and it was established that the trio couldn't contact each other constantly throughout the story.

I'm honestly biased because I love BBS (and it helped me through a rough time) and thought they came off a lot better than SRK because it felt like we were jumping into their friendship after years of being together like one big, happy family and this was their first big conflict with each other.

With SRK, it feels like we came in with three kids who were friends but were already starting to grow distant from each other and beginning to move onto different parts of their lives. They still were fond of each other and knew how to have fun, but then when the dust cleared the distance would fill the void. Sora was jealous of Riku, Riku was jealous of Sora, there was a bit of a crush thrown in there with Kairi, and Kairi was kind of off doing her own thing away from everybody.

I love your wording "pal around and be dorks", that's me and my girlfriend right there xD

c: Aw, that is a good relationship then!

Actually if I think about it now, in the first game they looked more like "couple with a crush and some jerk" with that constant rivalry between Sora and Riku and whole thing with "I'm gonne eat paopu with Kairi/I care about Kairi most" and "lol let's go together and leave Riku. JK but consider it". Only in second KH it started to look like a real trio (but actually it sometimes looked like Kairi mostly cared only about Sora and Riku just kinda happened to help her first) but then got kind of blurry again with Coded and 3D completely pushing Kairi away and getting time to develop Sora and Riku's friendship furthermore. I mean it's not bad at all that they did that in favor of showing how Riku overcomes his darkness and his and Sora's close ties. But hey, remember how you trying to call all of them trio of friends. I really wish we'd see them three in KH3 and won't get those strictly pair interactions again.

Yes, yes exactly this.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Butter bugfer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer biffer
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
Oh wow, I wasn't aware of this

Yeah it's a bit odd that they would throw in Sora and Kairi moments at the end of a montage of characters with actual canon romance. I'm curious if there will be more hints like these in future kh3 promotion?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Butter bugfer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer biffer
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
Oh wow, I wasn't aware of this

Yeah it's a bit odd that they would throw in Sora and Kairi moments at the end of a montage of characters with actual canon romance. I'm curious if there will be more hints like these in future kh3 promotion?

Honestly, the secret credits should have been entirely composed of the best sarcastic scenes from the Master of Masters in Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover. Or better yet, improv from Sugita-San or whatever the English voice actor for The Master was. I could watch this guy all god damn day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back