• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Spoiler Ban

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler season is once again upon us with Kingdom Hearts 2.8 releasing in Japan! In an effort to combat spoilers for members wishing to wait for the English release, we will be enforcing a spoiler ban for 0.2 and Back Cover. We will not be enforcing a ban for Dream Drop Distance, as it first released in 2012, however we do ask you all to be conscious and aware that we may have new members who aren’t familiar with that game so use spoiler tags in the appropriate situation(s).

What constitutes as a spoiler?

Any content not revealed in trailers or the opening of 0.2, which was previously released, must be spoiler tagged with either [ spoiler ] insert text [ / spoiler ] or [ spoilers=topic] insert text [ / spoilers].

We are asking members refrain from using spoilers as avatars and signatures. Spoilers in the title of threads will not be accepted either, try to be as vague with your thread titles as possible! Failure to follow these rules may result in a warning or an infraction.

We are adding a Spoiler prefix to the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 section to assist with discussion. And if at all possible, we request members add “buffering” to the beginning of their posts; this is not a requirement during the spoiler ban, but would be very appreciated!

The Activity Stream has been shortened from 150 characters to 25 characters in an effort to assist in avoiding spoilers for everyone. We suggest you collapse the New Forum Posts side bar to further assist with avoiding spoilers, as the function does not reflect spoiler tags.

Thanks everyone! We appreciate your efforts to make this exciting time for us all as Kingdom Hearts fans an enjoyable one! C:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Does this mean that we have to use spoiler tags if we wish to discuss spoiler detail or that any threads containing spoilers will be closed? Sorry, the word ban in the title is confusing me a little bit. Thanks!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You must use Spoiler Tags in your posts when discussing details from the game. Your thread titles must be vague and not contain spoilers or information that can easily be constituted as a spoiler.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Woow, I'm glad you guys toned the characters down!
Thanks to the whole team for this thread and for making it a lot easier for everyone. :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Thanks Muke! Everyone's cooperation is a big help. c:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Shortening the activity stream is a blessing, love you guys.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I derped around until I figured out I could do that, to save us from ourselves.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I wonder, should we avoid spoiling DDD as well? Some folks haven't played it after all. (asking this out of curiousity, because a thread in the FI section got me thinking lol

EDIT: nevermind! Should have read through the OP again. You can delete this post if it's distracting or something, I dunno. ^^

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I wonder, should we avoid spoiling DDD as well? Some folks haven't played it after all. (asking this out of curiousity, because a thread in the FI section got me thinking lol
Like I said in the OP, since it's almost 5 years old now, it's not a priority or a huge concern. Use the context of the situation to guide your judgement.

If a new member makes a thread asking about DDD, try to use tags in that so as not to spoil them, etc. No infractions will be given out for not tagging DDD content.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Like I said in the OP, since it's almost 5 years old now, it's not a priority or a huge concern. Use the context of the situation to guide your judgement.

If a new member makes a thread asking about DDD, try to use tags in that so as not to spoil them, etc. No infractions will be given out for not tagging DDD content.
I can see where Muke is coming from with this. It's more than just using your own judgement about spoilers but the thread title is a legitimate cause for concern for some new players.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Aah, so the text that is visible in activity stream being shorter was done in purpose, nice! Makes the dodging of spoilers a bit easier.

And now the epic struggle will begin... only two weeks but dam...

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Thank you guys so much for shortening the Activity Stream. :)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Thank you! Will this end immediately after the english version releases? I won't be able play it until 2 days after the release, so just wondering if I should stay away from the forums for those two days then to avoid spoilers.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER

Thank god, I was sick of typing BUFFER.

Pandymint

Awards
Hiding the activity stream is a good idea, but damn whenever I opened the forums I thought it glitched. xD It feels so weird not seeing it now.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm glad the activity stream is off for now. True, it does feel quite weird at first, but it's just TOO DANGEROUS D:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
You still have to do it. I don't want to be modding and see "TERRA KILLED ERAQUS........." in the post summary

Uuuhhhm joke's on you it said "fell into his sword" y'know this is FALSE ADVERTISING.

On a serious note: We just keep the buffering up? Okaysies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back