• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Utada's involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3 is still undetermined

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Utada Teruzane confirms Utada Hikaru's involvement in KINGDOM HEARTS 3's theme song

tumblr_m9r18y8oj81r8sq0so4_250.gif

Yes!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Utada Teruzane confirms Utada Hikaru's involvement in KINGDOM HEARTS 3's theme song

[video=youtube;pCnM4sUQ67Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnM4sUQ67Y[/video]

[video=youtube;ASl2cluuyIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASl2cluuyIU[/video]

(need videos for hyping)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Do you think we will get a new theme that isn't "Hikari" and "Passion"? Inasmuch as I like those themes, I really want a new theme.

Yeah, that's the general idea. They wouldn't need to bring her back if they just wanted to reuse one of the two old themes, lol

Rix

:)
Awards

That's awesome! It just wouldn't be the same without her. And reusing the old songs wether they are remiced or not would be kinda boring for KH3 in my opinion, so this is great news. Really thought that she would never return to do a new KH theme song.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

Probably some of the best news I've heard in a while...
I recommend 道 on her new album f anyone wants a taste of awesomeness

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm kind of just wondering how Utada will approach the theme(s?). She's said in the past that working on two versions of a song in different languages is pretty difficult creatively.

I'd want to believe that she should just focus on one language, but the reason the English versions existed in the first place was accessibility for a western audience (and Disney fans in general). Disney has been pretty comfortable with non-English songs in their works as of late (i.e. "Sugar Rush" by AKB48 or "We Know The Way" by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Opetaia Foa'i...although that still has English in it...)

Fantôme is a bit special because Utada was working from feelings of loss and love, so she focused on Japanese and French lyrics and had very little English in the album.

I have no doubt she'll be able to make beautiful songs, but I'm just really excited to figure out what her process is this time around xD

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

YEAH! Fucking Awesome!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Yusss! This is pretty awesome. Good that it's confirmed and we don't have to speculate and live in fear and doupt about this anymore.

[video=youtube;pCnM4sUQ67Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnM4sUQ67Y[/video]

(need videos for hyping)

Dam this made me wanna watch more Evangelion.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm kind of just wondering how Utada will approach the theme(s?). She's said in the past that working on two versions of a song in different languages is pretty difficult creatively.

I'd want to believe that she should just focus on one language, but the reason the English versions existed in the first place was accessibility for a western audience (and Disney fans in general). Disney has been pretty comfortable with non-English songs in their works as of late (i.e. "Sugar Rush" by AKB48 or "We Know The Way" by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Opetaia Foa'i...although that still has English in it...)

Fantôme is a bit special because Utada was working from feelings of loss and love, so she focused on Japanese and French lyrics and had very little English in the album.

I have no doubt she'll be able to make beautiful songs, but I'm just really excited to figure out what her process is this time around xD

Were it up to me, I'd just do the jap one.
I feel like nowadays a japanese intro could be just as well-received as a localized one, aside from the nostalgia factor in this particular issue.
...And I like them more regardless.

But maybe I'm getting old and I just want to avoid another intro war that'll drag on for years.

Xagzan

Awards

Wow, excellent news, really hope it's true. It'll be nice to finally have a new tune for KH.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wow, excellent news, really hope it's true. It'll be nice to finally have a new tune for KH.

I mean last time he was operating under the false conclusion that KH3 had come out already lol, but this time I don't think this is really anything that can be doubted. It's true as true can be unless he was hacked lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I mean I took this statement as a in development statement

SORA619

Awards

I couldn't accept it otherwise...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Probably going to reveal the theme song at one of the concerts.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Probably going to reveal the theme song at one of the concerts.
My bet is the last one that on the last day of e3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Y'all shut up because I don't have a strong enough heart for that... ;A; I'd probably cry if Utada just happened to appear at the E3 2017 LA show and performed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Obviously at the Sony E3 conference they'll have Utada sing live while a new 10 minute KH3 trailer plays, showing off every single world and the entire ending.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Obviously at the Sony E3 conference they'll have Utada sing live while a new 10 minute KH3 trailer plays, showing off every single world and the entire ending.
Chaser I don't think Nomura is a person who spoils the ending

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Chaser I don't think Nomura is a person who spoils the ending
Are you kidding me? Like every trailer he puts out spoils the ending.

*war flashbacks to Birth by Sleep*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back