• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Summary of Nomura Interview on KINGDOM HEARTS 3 & HD 2.8 FCP w/ Dengeki

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yes, that's what I mean. Nothing was interesting. There weren't really any hidden areas. You didn't really have any cool views of the rest of the environment. It all felt samey. The Fantasia world is the only one were i was like, "Oooo, I wanna see more."

The only world I was interested in was Traverse Town but they didn't pull it off too nicely in my opinion. :/ Still, I have a lot of faith in 0.2 in regards to this.

SoraForeverKH

He talked about KH III, finally! That's the best news I've heard in a while. So, KH III story has already begun... Interesting. Please show KH III footage next month! I can't wait any longer!!!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
He talked about KH III, finally! That's the best news I've heard in a while. So, KH III story has already begun... Interesting. Please show KH III footage next month! I can't wait any longer!!!
kh 3 story has already begun it called 0.2 and kh3d since they are the begeing of the kh3 story

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
All i ever wanted from the worlds in KH was lots of secret/hidden/optional areas for each world.It was something i always wanted them to take more from the Dragon quest and FF series.

The worlds in KH are just too straightforward.You go through and there's generally nothing else to see outside the main path.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3 was never ported to Luminous lol. Everything they showed us was either target render CG or just stuff they built and showed with Direct X11.

Nope. Luminous was still under development. The target render was CG made by Visual Works lol. Same for the FFXV trailer.

Around October 2013, Julien Merceron who was one of the leads of the Luminous Studio project actually left SE to work on the Fox Engine at Konami lol so at the time Luminous Engine was in a pretty bad place.

That trailer you linked was all DX11.

Conversation with Creators with Tetsuya Nomura Interview! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

And when Nomura referred to the game being "in-engine", he meant DX11 lol

UPDATE: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Ok that clears up a lot.

Seeing they could do that just on DX11,wondering they're having a tough time getting the visuals right with unreal 4.

DX11 is not something you build a game with. It's not an engine. It's more like a component

So no, that footage was either CGI or the Luminous engine.

Frankly, Nomura throwing the "it's being built in DX11" around was kinda nonsensical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_JkkqQ9qAg

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I just noticed the part about re-designing the worlds and I'm glad they're apparently catching up on the fact that no one wants to see the KH1 worlds ever again in the same way they were already displayed multiple times. xD
AND SORA AS WELL. DON'T EVER FORCE UGLY-ASS-SORA ON ME AGAIN, SE.

The difference is that in 3D you feel the need to slide through the whole maps because they're so outstandingly boring. When I played the demo of 0.2, I felt none of that. I felt like exploring every single corner even though I knew it was just a demo. The problem is not the possibilty to travel fast - it's the feeling of there being no reason not to do it.

Pretty much this.
Usually BbS is right at the bottom with KH II in terms of level design, but after playing it while paying attention to that, I think while still extremely poor, it had a few twists and exploration bits, more than DDD even if DDD has bigger areas.
The only world I really like from DDD is Symphony of Sorcery, I think they really aced that one.

I also agree on stop presenting KH1 areas, I love them in the first game but that's quite enough, and... sadly I still think we're gonna have a fair amount of ugly-ass-Sora ahead of us xD

7th_heaven

Awards
KH3 new Screenshoot @_@
http://images.khinsider.com/2016 Uploads/12/Dengeki/den 2.png
upload_2016-12-21_23-47-14-png.212490

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Well, that sucks it's unlikely new artwork connection 1.5 and 2.5 won't be made. Would've been a great new piece of art to represent, well, the entire Xehanort Saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back