• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Summary of Nomura Interview on KINGDOM HEARTS 3 & HD 2.8 FCP w/ Dengeki

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
How does "fans figuring something out" equal "nomura is dumber than the fans"
???????

Yeah, Nomura would already know this haha. I think he's just referring to players who've been keeping up with the series.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
How does "fans figuring something out" equal "nomura is dumber than the fans"
???????
i never said he was doub i mean how does the fans figure the stuff out before nomura even talk about it

Yeah, Nomura would already know this haha. I think he's just referring to players who've been keeping up with the series.
you probally right zephy lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
so how come kh fans are smarter then nomura i get it we found about the sin stuff before nomura even talk about it

What? Nomura intentionally had "guilt/sin" in UX and then introduced Ava's name, then the rest of the Foreteller's until Dark Chirithy explained what guilt was.

He was planting the seeds for us all to notice and waited until most of the set up was done to talk about it (AKA now since BC is coming out).

Tai Yasue said that you don't need to play the previous title to "enjoy" Kingdom Hearts III, this statement seems kind of contradictory does it not?

The statement still applies. You can enjoy KH3 without the other games. Nomura is saying that 2.8 is setting up KH3's story. The series will obviously make more sense if you play the past games (and 2.8 especially considering the three titles in that collection will be very integral to the events of KH3) but they plan to make it so players can jump into KH3 without feeling like they can't enjoy the game and its story.

Glad they're not entirely content with the models yet, either.

Even WoFF's character models are closer to what I think people imagined they'd look like in an HD Kingdom Hearts game. They just need more people who are familiar with quality modeling and importing to UE4 to work on the project.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
To this day, I'm surprised the Unchained team hasn't stealth-edited all of the "Special Attack Bonuses" back to Guilt with how important this concept keeps becoming.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
It would be amazing if they could actually get the models and lighting closer to the Luminous footage,everything just looked perfect there,like no complaints at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would be amazing if they could actually get the models and lighting closer to the Luminous footage,everything just looked perfect there,like no complaints at all.

Kingdom Hearts 3 was never ported to Luminous lol. Everything they showed us was either target render CG or just stuff they built and showed with Direct X11.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3 was never ported to Luminous lol. Everything they showed us was either target render CG or just stuff they built and showed with Direct X11.
yeah we dont know what it would like in luminous engine it could look like crapt in that that engine

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Didn't they start work on Luminous and move to unreal 4?

Either way i always assumed that this short footage,be it actual footage or a just target render was made from the Luminous engine.

[video=youtube;m2VV8kb15CQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2VV8kb15CQ[/video]

Model and lightning wise,shouldn't it be possible to get something on par with that video on unreal 4 regardless?Nothing in that video seems impossible at all for current gen.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
It's very clear they're reworking the models, based on what we've seen from Sora in 0.2 and Sora in KH3. Vastly different.

Either way i always assumed that this short footage,be it actual footage or a just target render was made from the Luminous engine.

Model and lightning wise,shouldn't it be possible to get something on par with that video on unreal 4 regardless?Nothing in that video seems impossible at all for current gen.

Seeing that trailer again... Man, I miss that clay look.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nope. Luminous was still under development. The target render was CG made by Visual Works lol. Same for the FFXV trailer.

Around October 2013, Julien Merceron who was one of the leads of the Luminous Studio project actually left SE to work on the Fox Engine at Konami lol so at the time Luminous Engine was in a pretty bad place.

That trailer you linked was all DX11.

Conversation with Creators with Tetsuya Nomura Interview! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

And when Nomura referred to the game being "in-engine", he meant DX11 lol

UPDATE: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
this pretty much confirms my thoughts that 2.8 is like a test. It's probably going to be a fun but deeply flawed game and the team is going to be listening to reviews and feedback, so be sure to speak your mind, folks

littlepunkryo

I'm happy with everything that I'm seeing so far except for this particular part...

Tai Yasue said that you don't need to play the previous title to "enjoy" Kingdom Hearts III, this statement seems kind of contradictory does it not?

To be honest...how much can you actually condense 15 years' worth of games storylines? I'm sure they'll do their best but I would bet real money that there's gonna be a lot of confusion from people playing KH3 when it first comes out - from people who don't read whatever codexes there are, or who haven't played any of the games beyond 1 and 2, or who played but forgot a lot, or who still don't get the plot (which is me on some things honestly). I'm sure they'll try their best but I feel like a lot of people are gonna be flocking to youtube to try and figure out stuff they're confused on.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This answered my question of whether there would be a brand new illustration to combine the artwork for 1.5 and 2.5. I wonder what the cover will look like since there won't be a new illustration drawn.

Muke

whatever
Awards
To be honest...how much can you actually condense 15 years' worth of games storylines? I'm sure they'll do their best but I would bet real money that there's gonna be a lot of confusion from people playing KH3 when it first comes out - from people who don't read whatever codexes there are, or who haven't played any of the games beyond 1 and 2, or who played but forgot a lot, or who still don't get the plot (which is me on some things honestly). I'm sure they'll try their best but I feel like a lot of people are gonna be flocking to youtube to try and figure out stuff they're confused on.
KH1525_CMYK_bk_1477580925.png

Also they can do something like with the Glossar or whatever that was in DDD

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Ok that clears up a lot.

Seeing they could do that just on DX11,wondering they're having a tough time getting the visuals right with unreal 4.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
How sad, he actually had to re-explain what "Final Chapter Prologue" means...
I guess Chuggaaconroy's asinine tweets were a huge helping in that.

I want a guidebook! Please a guidebook after 15 years!

stareyedprince

Not that surprised they were having trouble with lighting/modelling. KH has had the same in engine look for about 12 or so years, and hasn't changed much outside of some tweaks. Not only are they skipping a console generation, they're also switching from an in house engine to an engine they haven't used before.

But if the final trailer is anything to go by, they're definitely making progress, and it's already looking better.

From the way he talked about the foreteller's masks, it sounds like we won't be seeing their faces anytime soon. A bit sad, but i'll take it.

But if BC and 0.2 aren't connected, then the guy in the black coat and goatblade standing by the keyblade graveyard in the final trailer (during the 0.2 segments) wasn't Luxu, but... YMX i guess? Either way, it's gonna be interesting for sure.

littlepunkryo

KH1525_CMYK_bk_1477580925.png

Also they can do something like with the Glossar or whatever that was in DDD

XBox owners both last gen and this gen can't play these, and I've seen a lot of people talking about how they don't want to bother with the movies or anything other than 3. The ones who don't want to bother playing or who won't even look up videos on youtube explaining are gonna be confused and it's their own fault, which is my point. The devs will do their best but it's not entirely on them to help people understand, especially when people are too lazy to even try and look things up beforehand.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
They can just do some photoshopping work to combine the 2 covers or have one on front, one on the back. As long as they don't forget to edit out Riku's arms again.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sign said:
• In light of the remastered versions, it does not affect the progress of KINGDOM HEARTS III and the amount of staff falls into a good number.
Understandable. Remasters are usually outsourced.

Sign said:
• As for the lighting right now, we’ve wanted to present it without hurting the atmosphere, and we are receiving guidance from Visual Works and experimenting through trial and error. I think further improvements will be made in the future.
Good to know they're dealing with that.

Sign said:
• ‘Situation Commands’ are an evolution of KH2’s ‘Reaction Commands’ and they’ve become an integral part of KH3
Thankfully they aren't as OP as KH2's. :v

Sign said:
• In 0.2, you immediately have access to top tier magic however I don’t think this is the case for KH3.
Makes sense. You're playing as a character that was on the best of her abilities during the end of the game she starred. What I wonder is what reasonable explanation Nomura will have for Sora in KH3 to explain why he's starting with low leveled gear and spells.

Sign said:
• KHUx’s ’sin' is a keyword and I think experienced players might have also noticed.
In-between the lines: it'll be integral for the story of KH3. The same way he said "Unchained" would be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back